GLU teases yet again with 19 version

HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
Let's speculate away. From today's VIP newsletter. 

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

Comments

• Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    Your credit card and/or payment information from TSB '18 will automatically and conveniently transfer over to TSB '19.
  • warhawk1486warhawk1486 Registered Users, Member 10 Posts
    Wonder when they will release the details. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Those are the ios and google play icons....man, all these expectations. I hope we don't get a huge let down.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    DFBB said:
    Those are the ios and google play icons....man, all these expectations. I hope we don't get a huge let down.
    I keep expecting to be disappointed when the reveal actually comes, but they are really double downing on their original words.

I would *think* they are fully aware of the repercussions and backlash and how many customers they will lose if they encourage teams to continue to improve their 2018 teams only for it to be nothing significant.

I really hope it isn't something where you have to pay 100 bucks or something to carry everything over.  If it is, I'm out.
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    I actually like the iOS and Google play idea as a link versus the GLU link. Players would be more hesitant giving loaders access that way.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

Here's my wild guess:

2019 TSB will contain a "Dynasty Mode".  Using your IOS or Google Play account, you can port over all of your existing team and resources.  Dynasty Mode will exist within 2019 TSB with full functionality to all current play.  

Regular 2019 TSB will still function as a separate entity on its own as a new game and new year, same as every other year,  and will not be able to be carried over to 2020.  Going forward in subsequent years Dynasty Mode will continue to allow you to play your Dynasty Team and/or having the option of building a new year team from scratch.
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    Joking aside on how they will screw us and let us down - maybe they will port over the aggregate spend for non VIPs so if you are a few hundred deep u can make VIP in 2019 with a few hundred more.... the app store and play store track ur spend...... who knows..... for sure I can't see any players carrying over
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    edited January 2019
    It kinda looks like the Game Center logo so maybe another way to sync your team I’m just speculating though.  With that said I actually don’t mind starting with a new team next year those first few weeks/months feel a little more even before the bigger spenders open up huge leads that are harder for someone like me who will spend, but not much more than what a AAA game would cost on a console/PC (I’ve spent 80 dollars this year for a team around 140k in plat) to compete with.  Also now having played now for a full season, I started ‘17 very late I have a much better idea of how I want to handle the first few months of the season if players are going to start in bronze again.
  • SakaV2SakaV2 Registered Users, Member 124 Posts
    I believe the icons for iOS and Android are to indicate you should be pre-registering for the game for exclusive early bird specials.  I'm speculating of course but I can see that being it or that it will indeed sync through the respective accounts play and Apple store 
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    Your credit card and/or payment information from TSB '18 will automatically and conveniently transfer over to TSB '19.
    Yes!!!! Exactly!!! And then your dominance will carry over. I just wonder how they will charge?🤔 If your team is diamond you will probably pay a pretty good premium! Please don't decieve yourselves that it will be free, there will be something in it for Glu a lot of something called 💸💸💸 and that'll be money flying out of everyone's pockets. 
  • MadswagooMadswagoo Registered Users, Member 193 Posts

• MadswagooMadswagoo Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
    A buddy of mine found that
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Madswagoo said:
    A buddy of mine found that
    Thx for sharing this
    It's all done with mirrors
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    I know a lot of you are VIPs so you’ll be stoked. But I’ll be pretty upset if you get 10 (!) players to my 5. It is hard enough to keep up on my budget, this makes it all but impossible....

But good for you guys. You earned it, obviously. 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Metsicans said:
    I know a lot of you are VIPs so you’ll be stoked. But I’ll be pretty upset if you get 10 (!) players to my 5. It is hard enough to keep up on my budget, this makes it all but impossible....

I wouldn’t worry too much about anything. I’m not believing anything until I see it from Glu. 

• Babybombers9Babybombers9 Registered Users, Member 212 Posts
    How does one go about getting a “sit down with Glu”? To me they’re like the Oracle.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    How does one go about getting a “sit down with Glu”? To me they’re like the Oracle.
    Should have taken the blue pill 
    I really don't believe them that this is all by design and not a programming issue.  Mostly because I want to give their intelligence the benefit of the doubt and can't bring myself to believe they could possibly be so asinine as to deliberately do something like that which makes zero logical sense, benefits them financially in no way, and will infuriate paying customers.
  • BillVeeckBillVeeck Registered Users, Member 8 Posts
    Not playing 2019. Players don't port. That's all I got to say about that.
    What do you want wager it's 2 players and 5 vips
    I'm readind an amazing book entitled "GLUbermatics: How to separate your customers from their cash."
    Fascinating and chilling!
  • ThumbstersThumbsters Registered Users, Member 267 Posts
    @BillVeeck I drive a lot. Is it available on audio cassette?
  • JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    Metsicans said:

I wouldn’t worry too much about anything. I’m not believing anything until I see it from Glu. 

That’s the truth.  Even if the VIP guys get a bonus from the start or more players to transfer over, Glu will come up with something money driven where the NON VIP players can pay a premium and close the gap to be even with the VIP guys.  It’s just another cash grab opportunity for them, I’m sure.