Options

CVC strategy advise needed...

GSonpointGSonpoint Registered Users, Member 37 Posts
I have a pretty strong team, and I play around with my manual lineup alot, trying to get the best CVC results I can, but I am still not seeing the points.  I could really use some advise on strategy for the matchups, if anyone could help me out.  Thanks in advance...

Comments

• Options
    nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    Even with a 189k Strength Gold team I will put up a blank check every now and then. But I do have an avg of 100k entries and occasional 400-1million point round. Its such a crap shoot that it is really hard to strategize. 

Even if you have someone tell you what hand the pitcher is for each entry, if there are two pitchers with opposite hand you could see them in a different order. Blowing any strategy you had out of the water. 

Best thing you can do is set up your lineup as optimal for each had as possible and hope for the best. 

If you have a bonus player make him lead off hitter to start the multiplier off high. 
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • Options
    Gîl_GaladGîl_Galad Registered Users, Member 63 Posts
    Sorry to say but from my experience of cvc, you need to have the cvc subscription and drop gold for the boost and multiplier to get high points. But this does’nt mean getting high points all the time. My average varies from 2k to 8 mil (my best on a clash cvc was 21mil ) points.  I have 3x players with cvc skills and let me say it does’nt give me automatically extra points for them. I removed them last night on a cvc matchup and I got 12 mil on 1 match and finish with 40 mil total on 9 attempts.  In my opinion you have better chances to score more with normal two skills players than cvc skills. But this is from my point of view, maybe others have more points with there cvc players.  There is others ways to win mvp and high round without spending too much gold. hit me up on tsb for tricks. I repeat.... tricks! not cheats or hacking.

• Options
    LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    nym5fan said:
    If you have a bonus player make him lead off hitter to start the multiplier off high. 
    I've tried this many times and wanted to point out that unless you level up said CvC bonus player a bit (as close to your other starters as possible) for the event, you'll be hitting a lot of ground outs and popups.
  • Options
    Gîl_GaladGîl_Galad Registered Users, Member 63 Posts
    edited January 2019
    If you look closely at those «cvc bonus players » There is a +400 or +800 per hits and not an
     « x » for multiplier. I think that only once Glu gave us bonus players that actually multiplied points.
    So let me say that those bonus players are crap in my opinion.
  • Options
    Sorry to say but from my experience of cvc, you need to have the cvc subscription and drop gold for the boost and multiplier to get high points. But this does’nt mean getting high points all the time. My average varies from 2k to 8 mil (my best on a clash cvc was 21mil ) points.  I have 3x players with cvc skills and let me say it does’nt give me automatically extra points for them. I removed them last night on a cvc matchup and I got 12 mil on 1 match and finish with 40 mil total on 9 attempts.  In my opinion you have better chances to score more with normal two skills players than cvc skills. But this is from my point of view, maybe others have more points with there cvc players.  There is others ways to win mvp and high round without spending too much gold. hit me up on tsb for tricks. I repeat.... tricks! not cheats or hacking.

so do you take in your strongest players or, your highest potential players?
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    nym5fan said:
    I've tried this many times and wanted to point out that unless you level up said CvC bonus player a bit (as close to your other starters as possible) for the event, you'll be hitting a lot of ground outs and popups.
    The weekday bonus players (game changers who are boosted) are much easier to score with than weekend bonus players for cvc by far. At least that is what I’ve noticed. I’m diamond and stash the game changers at gold 10 and can still have some decent entries of 2-4 mil with the bonus player as lead off. 
  • Options
    how do you determine your lineup, besides the obvious bonus players, i have been using my strongest hitters, and I scored 1 million once, usually its pitiful, and boosting seems to make it worse.
  • Options
    ProbodybuilderProbodybuilder Registered Users 337 Posts
    Im sure this has been discussed. But i suck at cvc, so i dont pay much attension to cvc discussions. But what is the deal if some clown comes in mid cvc to win the rewards.  Does that work?   Just noticed tons of guys coming and going, in our club , during last cvc.
  • Options
    LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    @Probodybuilder Those are what we call "jumpers". If you're in a club that isn't full and has an opening, they'll jump into your club just long enough to outscore you and take the rewards and then leave your club afterwards.
    So the best recourse is to either make sure your club is full with 20 members at all times, or boot them from your club prior to an event starting.
  • Options
    tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    you can always make your club private (invitation only) so no jumpers can go in.
  • Options
    ProbodybuilderProbodybuilder Registered Users 337 Posts
    @tocopan18 We want a 20th member tho. Guess just private around cvc time.  Like 20 min before hand is when it usually starts. 
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    @Probodybuilder Those are what we call "jumpers". If you're in a club that isn't full and has an opening, they'll jump into your club just long enough to outscore you and take the rewards and then leave your club afterwards.
    So the best recourse is to either make sure your club is full with 20 members at all times, or boot them from your club prior to an event starting.
    Booting them just before the round ends works too. ;)