WOH Pitcher Skills / Hitter Skills

thickagethickage Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
Found these in another forum. Happy cycling, y’all!

Comments

• whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    I don’t believe it..lol... monday I destroyed woh 20-22 against I think Orel, Juan  with vs lefty late innings I was like 4-12 using the same yelich boosted to 607 in platinum but I usually don’t do as well on royale woh but I usually get the better pulls...maybe it’s just the luck of the draw.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    I've been saying that forever and you can tell by the pitcher ratings - their skills aren't active and therefore don't matter. You're spinning your wheels if you are trying to use a R vs a RHP just because they have the vs L skill.
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    Active skills turn yellow, right? Never have the skills on a pitcher been yellow during WoH...
  • nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    Ive always assumed the skills would activate/deactivate as situations changed in an inning/event. I was never sure about the pitchers but I would just play the rating game and go for a opposite hand hitter with much greater rating. It has always served me well. 
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • thickagethickage Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    I've been saying that forever and you can tell by the pitcher ratings - their skills aren't active and therefore don't matter. You're spinning your wheels if you are trying to use a R vs a RHP just because they have the vs L skill.
    Even though the skill isn’t active, it’s still a hint at what the pitcher is good at. A RHP with LHP skill means he’s naturally tougher on lefties. That doesn’t mean you have to queue up a righty hitter but if you have a RH hitter with RHP skill, it just “may” be a better matchup. It’s worth consideration, but not obsessing. 
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    I’m sure if this were actually humans playing☝🏼would be the case (what a pitcher is good at). However, these are just a bunch of zeros and 1’s lined up and I don’t see a different category or breakdown in the pitcher stats for R or L besides the already discussed skill vs said batter. So I don’t believe a pitcher is good at particularly anything other than his special skill and if it’s not yellow/active, then it’s a mute point. I believe the level of pitcher is most important-ie G5 vs G10. We remember those Diaz and Neris days, right? It really doesn’t matter who the pitcher is honestly. Once they throw that curve/slider it’s over regardless of who is up to bat...
  • ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
    I could be wrong but I think it the "script" of pitches you receive is dependent on a number of factors.  They may have it setup in those scenarios that if you used a rhb with a rhp skill you get better pitches.  They may not.  I have always ignored the skills (mostly because even when a pitcher has the two out skill, with the right script you get a ton of hits with two outs).  I use my top lefty (Holiday Ted) with 80 gold boost and have mediocre success, but I hear people using Trout with the two rhp boosts doing great. So I don't know.  
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @ReadingFightingPhils I'm guessing that your bonus skills for Holiday Ted isn't particularly high? He absolutely crushes.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    If the right handed batter w RHP skill wasn’t a factor, why would there be a Trout with WOH and RHP skill? I mean, that version was designed with WOH in mind. 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    thickage said:
    If the right handed batter w RHP skill wasn’t a factor, why would there be a Trout with WOH and RHP skill? I mean, that version was designed with WOH in mind. 
    I slightly lesser version of the LL Trout to be honest. Couldn’t have a prime Trout exactly the same as a LL Trout, so they made one skill WOH,
    @DFBB I am at silver, thinking about going gold soon.  I have his pennants maxed at 40 and all of the upgrades maxed for silver.  He is at 15 for both skill levels. The 50 evo is too steep right now when I am trying to save evo for the move to Gold.
    @DFBB I am at silver, thinking about going gold soon.  I have his pennants maxed at 40 and all of the upgrades maxed for silver.  He is at 15 for both skill levels. The 50 evo is too steep right now when I am trying to save evo for the move to Gold.

15/15 is solid. If you go gold and take him higher in bonus skills, 5.10 will be automatic for you. Guys in gold who are at least 17/17 with Ted(and boosted) were absolutely crushing Juan on Weds. One guy went 9 for 9, another friend went 9 for 10. Granted, those are not a large sample size, but it gives you an idea of how dominant Holiday Ted can be.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    haha back when they had Signature Sevy months I always did this and it would have saved me so much headache.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    @Mattattack haha Sig Sevy was THE WORST. I had nightmares about that dude.
    @DFBB Do you think I would be better offf upgrading his skill and staying silver longer?  I am still able to streak wins without much issue.  The team does well in cvc.  My top bats are Holiday Ted 525 max skills 15 and 15, Holiday Schmidt 510 skills 14 and 15, BF Yellich 500 skills 15 and 15, BF Harper 490 skills 11 and 11.  I am always debating whether to go Gold or to increase my top bats skills.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    @Mattattack haha Sig Sevy was THE WORST. I had nightmares about that dude.
    Man when they had him at 5.9 when you were down 7-3 i wanted to cry sometimes hahaha
    @DFBB Do you think I would be better offf upgrading his skill and staying silver longer?  I am still able to streak wins without much issue.  The team does well in cvc.  My top bats are Holiday Ted 525 max skills 15 and 15, Holiday Schmidt 510 skills 14 and 15, BF Yellich 500 skills 15 and 15, BF Harper 490 skills 11 and 11.  I am always debating whether to go Gold or to increase my top bats skills.
    Stay gold in my opinion. We don’t know what’s going to happen with teams in a couple of months. If you can cycle WOH and put up decent points in the events, I’d stay silver. 
    @ReadingFightingPhils It depends on your resources and what events you enjoy. For example, a lot if people only care about woh. If you're in that camo, you just need to level your top 5 bats and you're set. Gold woh is significantly easier than silver.
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    DFBB said:
    @ReadingFightingPhils It depends on your resources and what events you enjoy. For example, a lot if people only care about woh. If you're in that camo, you just need to level your top 5 bats and you're set. Gold woh is significantly easier than silver.
    Is Platinum WOH significantly easier than gold too, or no?  Assuming the same players maxed out at each level.