2019 Update

MadswagooMadswagoo Registered Users, Member 193 Posts

Comments

• HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Thanks for sharing @Madswagoo
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Obviously all this remains to be seen, but I don’t get this mucking around with partial roster transfers and this dynasty thing. Just leave it to the gamer to decide how many, if any, he/she wants to carry over. The remainder of the year will be spent dealing with all the new versions of players they put out on offer and so changing the roster is inevitable, but at the gamer’s pace.
    It's all done with mirrors
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    So being able to cycle woh and get the same player twice will be huge, especially atg’s..along with double pulls of potw ect...I just want to know if our teams start at bronze again... does anyone know if this guy is legit? Hard to believe Glu is giving the inside details to an anti tsb guy. 
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    It was a list of demands given that he didn’t include.  Basically he’s saying that they had a dialogue and GLU at least entertained their demands and didn’t say no outright.  I wouldn’t hold my breath for any of this.  
  • MadswagooMadswagoo Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
    I just shared this info because a club member shared it. I did a little digging and the lad has a ton of people in this facebook group. I'm not sure what we can expect. I could see Glu using that Dynasty mode as a single event where you can use 2018 carry over players - and if thats the case 2019 would be a major letdown -  sounds like a clever marketing trick with Glu keeping everyone on the edge with expectations. If they don't deliver, I'm doubtful to return. Several competitors are taking notes to capture this TapSports nation.
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    One update they should make is to have players making leaping catches and home run stealing to add to the impossibility of diving catches hahaha
  • Babybombers9Babybombers9 Registered Users, Member 212 Posts
    One update they should make is to have players making leaping catches and home run stealing to add to the impossibility of diving catches hahaha
    Yes and more triple plays where the base runners act like they’re in the movie Birdbox.
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    Yes and more triple plays where the base runners act like they’re in the movie Birdbox.
    My daughter has been playing competitive softball since she was 8. Even then they taught the girls to freeze on a line drive to ensure it gets through before advancing to prevent such double and triple plays.
  • SantashelperSantashelper Registered Users, Member 58 Posts
    My daughter has been playing competitive softball since she was 8. Even then they taught the girls to freeze on a line drive to ensure it gets through before advancing to prevent such double and triple plays.
    And what baseball player in their right mind runs home on a ground ball back to the pitcher but holds on a fly ball to the warning track that somehow doesn't register as a "Deep Fly Out?"
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    My only issue is what the game is going to look like if we even get to take 2 or 3 players with us to the new version and what glu does to balance the game based on that.  A new player to ‘19 obviously won’t have 3 players at 510, 500, and 490 overall like I would have.  It would either make events a joke for a while for older players with 3 superstars or nigh impossible for new players if events are tuned with people having those players.  I completely understand some of us have put in large sums of money or time or in some cases both and want to keep what we’ve earned but I’d rather have a game that everyone starts at the same point then decides to spend more money to get ahead or more time grinding than having it being so uneven from the start that people just don’t bother playing at all.  
  • ProbodybuilderProbodybuilder Registered Users 337 Posts
    I miss the pop up we would hit. Then it would just keep going and going for an HR.  Lol.  Havent seen that in awhile. 
    @redlegs2018u something needs to happen. For a VIP to spend almost $1k on a mobile app and not retain that status thereafter is a joke. We collectively make GLU a ton of money. There is no reason they can't look into things that would make us happy customers. The majority of other businesses actually listen to their customers' feedback. Why not GLU? I would actually spend money on the game if: I knew my money wouldn't go "poof" at the end of the year, prices were more reasonable, and if I knew they weren't on a jailing spree.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    @redlegs2018u something needs to happen. For a VIP to spend almost $1k on a mobile app and not retain that status thereafter is a joke. We collectively make GLU a ton of money. There is no reason they can't look into things that would make us happy customers. The majority of other businesses actually listen to their customers' feedback. Why not GLU? I would actually spend money on the game if: I knew my money wouldn't go "poof" at the end of the year, prices were more reasonable, and if I knew they weren't on a jailing spree.
    What do you mean about not retaining the status?

• chainblueltngchainblueltng Registered Users, Member 188 Posts
    vip transfers. theyve said that. as for everything else, quit the complainng and wait and see. theyre obviously making changes. some good some probably questionable but there is nothing we can do at this point but wait. im sure at this point theve got the new app about wrapped up 
    @Bigpredfan that's what I was saying. I don't think it has carried over in the past. I could be wrong.
  • LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    If they don't allow for roster transfers in the next version, I'll be playing my ps4 a helluva lot more.
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    My only issue is what the game is going to look like if we even get to take 2 or 3 players with us to the new version and what glu does to balance the game based on that.  A new player to ‘19 obviously won’t have 3 players at 510, 500, and 490 overall like I would have.  It would either make events a joke for a while for older players with 3 superstars or nigh impossible for new players if events are tuned with people having those players.  I completely understand some of us have put in large sums of money or time or in some cases both and want to keep what we’ve earned but I’d rather have a game that everyone starts at the same point then decides to spend more money to get ahead or more time grinding than having it being so uneven from the start that people just don’t bother playing at all.  
    I totally agree.  Imbalance would be a huge problem if you just allow total carryover.  

From a business standpoint, you can't just try to appeal to your existing customer base.  You need to be constantly trying to attract new customers.  Nothing is going to kill the game for a new player more than, "Hey, welcome to TSB '19!  Have fun getting clobbered from Day 1 by everyone who has already been playing since this time last year". 

I don't really know how you really keep balance without having a Dynasty Mode type menu that is a totally separate entity from TSB '19.  You can offer to let regular players carry 5 players over and VIPs 10, but you're still going to have a big imbalance for your existing regular players and an even bigger imbalance for brand new 2019 players who have no one to carry over at all.
  • MadswagooMadswagoo Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
    @redlegs2018u All considering, Especially the first 3 months of this year when we battled events for 4.5 star players..grinded for months. Then a guys jumps in mid-July  and not only catches my team strength but surpasses me. 
  • Blueyed7Blueyed7 Registered Users, Member 15 Posts
    Madswagoo said:

Kyle is a friend of mine in Facebook and  while I was not boycotting I understood everyone who participated in the boycott  I really hope to be able to get to diamond very soon and see how this benefits prove to be true  Thanks for sharing ! 👍 
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @Blueyed7 You would start over at bronze in 19 and those changes listed, if they do happen, would be for the 19 version so going Diamond now wouldn't have any extra benefits based on those statements. 
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Blueyed7Blueyed7 Registered Users, Member 15 Posts
    @Houmy Thanks for clearing this up for me  👍