Options

Old Teammate Device Banned

SantashelperSantashelper Registered Users, Member 58 Posts
An old teammate of mine is telling me that his device is banned. He was jailed several months ago for "exploiting..." back when there were a few big bugs in the game. He wasn't a hacker and didn't third party apps. He was just a normal Joe who happened to take advantage of coding flaws like several others.

BUT, his device is banned. Any time he tries to start a new team, he gets autojailed. At work, at home, on LTE. He has tested it countless times. Even if he starts a team, gets an invite to the club and lets the team sit with no activity, it turns up jailed.

Anyone else heard of this? I talked to Apple and they said Glu shouldn't be able to ban accounts based on Device ID, so I'm wondering how he's being banned and if he has any shot at trying to build a legit team.

Comments

• Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Yes I’ve heard of that happening to hackers last year. Their device was banned. Similar to what @dfbb was asking for earlier with IP bans 
  • Options
    ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    edited January 2019
    Wow...go Glu for taking extreme action to curb the cheating\hacking\loading issues. Sorry your teammate got wrapped up in this hopefully he can clear his name but Glu needed to do something stem this issue they are not going to eradicate it but they can slow it down. I still say lowering their price points will make these issues less attractive to the cheats\hacks.
  • Options
    MadswagooMadswagoo Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
    If he took advantage of a flaw, he would get a warning with a couple days of..ahem.."Jail". Doesn't seem like his first rodeo so they "jailed" him for life. I give all respect to Glu , glad they finally made a statement outta a cheating scrub. 
  • Options
    Madswagoo said:
    If he took advantage of a flaw, he would get a warning with a couple days of..ahem.."Jail". Doesn't seem like his first rodeo so they "jailed" him for life. I give all respect to Glu , glad they finally made a statement outta a cheating scrub. 
    Suck up to Glu all you want. This guy has been playing Tap since ‘16. True Canadian and doesn’t speak much English. If you think this “scrub” deserves a lifetime ban, then the vast majority of Tappers should be jailed. I exploited early on and was jailed (I’ve never seen a temporary jailing btw) and learned my lesson. But my IP wasn’t banned. And that never happened to any other “scrubs” taking advantage of coding flaws. Should he have been jailed? Yes. But the IP banning should be reserved for legit hackers and guys using GG.
  • Options
    MadswagooMadswagoo Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
    "Temp jail" It's called a warning. I've been in the game since 16 as well. Seen and heard it all my friend. Ran the same club (still have 9 from 2016) for 3 years as well, seen a lot of cats come and go. Glu updated its "Terms Of Use" July 25th 2018 - maybe you could translate it to him - And please with that "suck up to Glu comment" READ THE MESSAGE BOARDS HOMEBOY we are all sick of the cheaters. What the heck is a GG ??
  • Options
    ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    Madswagoo said:
    "Temp jail" It's called a warning. I've been in the game since 16 as well. Seen and heard it all my friend. Ran the same club (still have 9 from 2016) for 3 years as well, seen a lot of cats come and go. Glu updated its "Terms Of Use" July 25th 2018 - maybe you could translate it to him - And please with that "suck up to Glu comment" READ THE MESSAGE BOARDS HOMEBOY we are all sick of the cheaters. What the heck is a GG ??
    Well said!👏👏👏
  • Options
    effschmoo2effschmoo2 Registered Users, Member 184 Posts
    Madswagoo said:
    Preach brother! This game is frustrating enough without hackers and cheaters. Boot em all!
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    An old teammate of mine is telling me that his device is banned. He was jailed several months ago for "exploiting..." back when there were a few big bugs in the game. He wasn't a hacker and didn't third party apps. He was just a normal Joe who happened to take advantage of coding flaws like several others.

....and this is different from cheating how!?!?

Take it as a lesson boys.
  • Options
    I didn’t say it wasn’t cheating. The point is that this guy is banned and would have restarted honestly had he been given the chance. But loaders and true hackers still go unchecked in the game. That’s not a fair shake imo. 
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    bigvivec said:

....and this is different from cheating how!?!?

Take it as a lesson boys.
    Here is how it is different. 

A glitch in the app is Glu’s fault and it is their coding, or lack thereof, that causes the glitch

hacking is where a person changes the coding that Glu has set.

i haven’t used, or searched for, any glitches but I can see the difference.