WoH for 1-14-19: Nolan, Boggs, and Babe again!

124Next

Comments

• redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I finally got him with a Diamond 7 EE, had to use him for 5.9 and 5.10, he dumped all over Blue all day, Ryan was a different beast.  Pulled Judge and was able to get the 25M for the club, I thought it was going to be a week or two to win again and we’ll 1-13 isn’t good but I’ll take it for today.
  • JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    It wasn’t too difficult of a day for me.  I don’t understand how it’s so damn back and forth with difficulty between certain players.  I cycled no problem all day.  I even beat Ryan at the end with Ohtani just to be a smart ass to the game lol that hot hitter ability just put me over the top 😂
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    21 cycles and not a single legend. Guess me and Nolan just weren't meant to be. (
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts
    Pulled 5 Mannys, 1 Judge, and Yount. Pretty happy about Yount. 😁
  • JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    DFBB said:
    21 cycles and not a single legend. Guess me and Nolan just weren't meant to be. (
    I pulled Yount 5 times in a row.  He’s my guy lmao gotta be fate!  
  • BigHurtBigHurt Registered Users, Member 157 Posts
    JRam (x2), Judge, Gallo, Yount.  All and all a great day, although I don't think any make my roster on a daily basis. :-)
  • Cripple22Cripple22 Registered Users, Member 67 Posts
    Got through once on only 80 gold boost, pulled gallo, good woh lineup now with 
  • Cripple22Cripple22 Registered Users, Member 67 Posts
    Ted killing it for me
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Ramirez x2 and Judge for gold team, judge also for silver team. First cycle pretty straightforward for both teams but required restart with Ryan and honestly each at bat was work. Then, 3 hours of swimming in the 5th level looking for a 2nd cycle for both teams. Just miserable, nothing but junk and curves against my top guys who have skills at 15 and who have had a pretty decent run of cycles in the last 2-3 weeks. It was like my players got their levels reduced by 2 or more. Took a break for about 1.5 hours and things had normalized when I returned....then my app started freezing again, but that’s another tired story. Didn’t really care about the box contents again, was glad to get judge to help the club, and was hoping for a lot more cycles for lxp. Maybe Wednesday will be better??
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Babybombers9Babybombers9 Registered Users, Member 212 Posts
    Ya know, you get to 5.9 and you feel like you're almost there. Soooo close, it's gonna be great! Then the lefty leaves ya hangin'. Nothing!

VIDA BLUE BALLS!
  • ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
    I was a little short on time, but was able to cycle 1 time, got J Ram.  I am moving up to Gold this weekend, and will be curious if it gets any easier.  I'm still a little short on evo, but I can cap most of the team.  I have 681k bxp, 662 pxp, 350k lxp, 350 evo, 4.6 mil blue cash, 36k pennants.  I still do well in cvc, and I am able to streak (currently 600), but if WOH is easier, I guess it will be worth it.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Like most everyone else it seems, first cycle was easy as pie. Didn't use any restarts or gold. Just the video boost as needed. 

Then the rest of the day was basically setup as just a huge pit to throw gold into. Could not beat Ryan without a gold boost, and in a few cases even, a gold restart (it even made me do two gold restarts in a row with 10 minutes left in the event- somehow it knew I wanted that last cycle bad enough before the event ended that I would probably do another gold restart haha).

Overall, didn't cycle nearly as many times as I normally do (just because I wasn't parting with the gold many times and chose to restart levels and took more & longer breaks than I normally do). Ended the day up 78k LXP and spent 1400 gold. Got 600 of that back by our club placing 3rd though, so that was nice.

• fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    I’m guessing you don’t play bonus games @ReadingFightingPhils
    edited January 2019
    @ReadingFightingPhils my experience is that there's really no difference with WOH. I was suddenly pretty dang good at CvC when I went Gold though, so that was a nice add.

Actually, when I first moved to Gold, WOH was extremely difficult. I was distraught and thought I made a huge mistake by moving to Gold. However, after some poking around, I had noticed that I did not update any of the "hitting" team upgrades like hitting coach, trainer, clutch performance, in the zone and so on. Spent a few million cash boosting those from 40 to 60 and, Viola!, it was back to normal.

So just make sure you have enough cash to max your hitting upgrades when you go Gold. You will get a ton of loyalty points when you upgrade your players, so that probably won't be a problem though.
  • ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    @ReadingFightingPhils my experience is that there's really no difference with WOH. I was suddenly pretty dang good at CvC when I went Gold though, so that was a nice add.

Actually, when I first moved to Gold, WOH was extremely difficult. I noticed that I had not did any of the "hitting" team upgrades like personal trainer, clutch performance, and so on. Spent a few million cash boosting those from 40 to 60 and, Viola!, it was back to normal.
    Thanks for the input.  If there is no big difference, maybe I will wait a little longer to get more evo and blue cash.  Not sure how much cash it takes to upgrade from 40 to 60, but probably more than I have.  I started late in the season and have been playing catchup.
    @ReadingFightingPhils you might be okay. I think that's what I had- about 4 or 5 million cash. When you go to Gold and you upgrade your players you will have TONS of loyalty points which basically converts to cash via loyalty boxes. So even though you only have 4 or 5 million cash right now, you'll have a lot more than that because you're going to have about 50 loyalty boxes to open once you upgrade your players.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Ended up with 7 J Ram, 5 Judge, 2 Gallo, 1 Yount and 1 Babe.
    I would love to be able to use Pitcher Babe but unfortunately at Platinum theres only one thing you can do with him.   Seeing how hes been a reward 3 weeks in a row I doubt I see him again.  Oh well
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    There's no judgment here...but for those of you who cycled 10+ times, how much time did you spend playing TSB yesterday?  @DFBB, 21 cycles...at my cycling speed, that is at least 10 hours, assuming you did nothing but play.  You guys put me to shame! 
  • nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    I played about 7 hours and had 9 cycles. I cycle slower at work... lol. Damn job gets in the way too often. And once I got judge I rippled him each round of the levels which takes more time. 

I got 6 JRams and 3 Judges for my efforts. But we placed 3rd which was decent. 
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I know that, with auto play, my first cycle took 15 minutes of playing time. I auto play all but the last 3 of the first 4 levels and then from 5-7 through the end. Goes kinda quick and then you hit a brick wall sometimes 
    Metsicans said:
    There's no judgment here...but for those of you who cycled 10+ times, how much time did you spend playing TSB yesterday?  @DFBB, 21 cycles...at my cycling speed, that is at least 10 hours, assuming you did nothing but play.  You guys put me to shame! 
    My shame knows no limits. :smile:
    I usually play from begin to the end, with breaks for lunch/dinner and other 'necessities.' Our club doesn't 'slow play,'  but guys will play the bonus player once per level. I'm also usually rather chatty, but will make an occasional push towards the end where I'm trying to power cycle the last hour or so. Even though I came up empty handed with players, our club crushed. 😁

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Metsicans said:
    Usually a bunch the first few hours, on my hour lunch and bunch the last few hours while sporadically in between.
  • thickagethickage Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    Who has Judge leveled to Gold 10 (The one from this box with RHP, RISP skill)? What are his hit / power numbers? Curious as I'm wondering if it's worth leveling him to replace Acuna (281 overall, 311 hit, 285 power) since Acuna has two active skills (RHP and Late). Might consider Judge if his power numbers are higher in hopes he takes a better stab at guys like Verlander, Buehler... 

For those that have used this version of Judge in WOH, who do you normally line him up against?
  • CHITOWNBOMBER50CHITOWNBOMBER50 Registered Users, Member 45 Posts
    311-300-176 
    I haven't used him yet since I got him on Monday