Options

Skill boosts -- only active on a random basis?

Comments

• Options
    Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    edited January 2019
    @Houmy

If anyone can get them to listen on this, it's you.  Most of the rest of us are just little fish in a big pond.  :)

Seriously though, everyone, especially you VIPs, we can all do something about this, but it's going to take a lot of voices.  Let them know this isn't okay.  
  • Options
    ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
    This is beyond unacceptable.  Many of the modes you can't even tell if the skill is activated after it starts, like after the first pitch in WOH, after the first pitch is CVC.  I have used a lot of real money for resources that are not even defined.  We all fully understand that if a criteria is not met, then the skill is not active, but to say if the criteria is met, then it is a mystery is maddening.  It is unethical how they have presented the skills and charged for them.  This is the definition of fraud.  Fraud - wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    I would say for starters they need to make skills active whenever the requirements are met, and in the interests of transparency, they need to start displaying ratings prior to each AB, not just at the beginning of a WOH round.  

Make that happen, and then we can start talking about how they can rectify everything they've already essentially stolen.  

They need to address it and do it quickly, especially with '19 right around the corner.  They won't admit it, but this is class action lawsuit territory.  There is nothing in the terms and conditions that is going to save them on this one.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    I also find the CS feigned surprise that this is a problem to be pretty rich.  "Gee golly, it's just how the game is designed, we never thought this would upset our players, we'll let the developers know you don't like it."  Yeah, because anywhere else it's totally normal to buy something and have it work some of the time just by design.  

Remember when you were a kid at the local arcade and you put a quarter into the slot and nothing happened and it just ate your money?  That's not a "design." That's a "malfunction", and when it happens you tell someone in charge and get your money back.  
  • Options
    SantashelperSantashelper Registered Users, Member 58 Posts
    This came from a club mate about a month ago. The evidence is mounting.
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    This came from a club mate about a month ago. The evidence is mounting.
    I used this photo and created a ticket. Here is the response. Notice how it wasn’t denied that the skill can disappear during a walk-off attempt, even if it is supposed to stay active 

• Options
    JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    There’s already so much frustration in the game (Especially WOH) Glu is the king of false advertisement and going back and forth on a lot of the games features.  Why on earth would they even answer the question like that and not have all their representatives on the same page??  Lol reminds me of my dad always saying, what kind of shit show are they running here!?”  Every time we had issues when I was a kid 😂 SMH this is a great game that I enjoy, but c’mon mannnn!   Too much bs sometimes.  
  • Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    There’s an outstanding opportunity for a different company/ group of devs to create a replacement. If such an animal miraculously appeared and offered a similar game that addressed 1/4 of the issues that routinely get pointed out on here, I believe there would then be a mass exodus. It’s a tall order but maybe....
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    There’s an outstanding opportunity for a different company/ group of devs to create a replacement. If such an animal miraculously appeared and offered a similar game that addressed 1/4 of the issues that routinely get pointed out on here, I believe there would then be a mass exodus. It’s a tall order but maybe....
    I’m with you on that.  There is so much potential lost on this game at times.  It’s like they developed the game, but never actually play it much from the bottom to the top.  If they did, they’d realize the struggle and what major issues need to be fixed.  Instead, it’s always a money grab.  Situations like this are what cause games to stop their production for the next year.  Especially if guys start getting refunds from Apple for their purchases and have proof of false claims and advertisement.  Fingers crossed for the much needed improvements, or for a dark horse to swoop in and steal the game!  
  • Options
    Cripple22Cripple22 Registered Users, Member 67 Posts
    Not a vip but I will hammer them as much as possible, main reason I stayed silver. Flat out stealing, skills take up so much, my skills always light up when they should but you can tell when they work and when you're getting screwed. At least I won woh 2x today, then pulled bench players. Never ends with glu, reccomend not going past silver next year, saved me a lot of headache.
  • Options

Hi JdotChristopher,

I understand your predicament, but we were really advised by our development team that the skills are not always activated.

Do not worry, as they will also get a chance to review this a feedback along with the others.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let me know.

Regards,

Jay

Glu Mobile Customer Care.

Sounds legit to me!

• Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Now they're just trying to insult us. "Though not indicated in a verbatim statement"? How about IT.WAS.NOT.DISCLOSED.AT.ALL!!!!!!

The response below is just a sorry attempt at them trying to cover up the fact that they screwed up coding the skills feature correctly. I do not buy the skills being random for a second as it makes no sense whatsoever for something that is pretty much the same as leveling up your players.

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    AcesehAceseh Registered Users, Member 37 Posts
    You know, I’ve noticed this a few times, but never really thought anything of it. Now to see that this is basically a full on Glu cover up I won’t let it go. This isn’t some free to play game where I’m just wasting my time. This is a game where many of us have spent a lot of our hard earned money. For CS to just try and brush this under rug is shameful, what kind of people are they? The scariest part is the thought of your skills just going away during WOH without you ever knowing. As if WOH needed more luck involved...  don’t let it go guys, shout it from the mountain tops. Tell your club mates to send in tickets, post it in global, the only way thu sheets resolved is if more people know than don’t. #SkillGate
  • Options
    @Aceseh I was soooooo close to hashtag #skillgate yesterday. I like the way you think :smile:

• Options
    nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    @Houmy with #skillgate taking a bad turn for Glu I don't see how we can lose our campaign lol
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • Options
    AcesehAceseh Registered Users, Member 37 Posts
    Houmy said:
    @Aceseh I was soooooo close to hashtag #skillgate yesterday. I like the way you think :smile:
    Been a lurker for a long time. You, DFBB and Predsfan have been some of the most positive guys about this game and helped me a lot in many ways (WOH, going diamond etc). When even you guys are mad about something, Glu should be shook. They must pay. #Skillgate
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    This has and will continue to receive a lot of attention, but the pitcher skills also need to be revisited. As many of you know, I play an embarrassing amount of TSB and it's my observation that pitcher skills are NOT active in WoH. Furthermore, I don't believe they are active in any mode. I would seriously love to be wrong, but I'm afraid that that we've continued to seek and pour resources into skills that don't even activate. Ever. Keep in mind that for most of the year, pitcher skills had no effect on team strength. There was an update that factored it in. Maybe one day, they'll update it and make them active. Again, to be clear, this is my observation and I would absolutely love to be wrong. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    DFBB said:
    This has and will continue to receive a lot of attention, but the pitcher skills also need to be revisited. As many of you know, I play an embarrassing amount of TSB and it's my observation that pitcher skills are NOT active in WoH. Furthermore, I don't believe they are active in any mode. I would seriously love to be wrong, but I'm afraid that that we've continued to seek and pour resources into skills that don't even activate. Ever. Keep in mind that for most of the year, pitcher skills had no effect on team strength. There was an update that factored it in. Maybe one day, they'll update it and make them active. Again, to be clear, this is my observation and I would absolutely love to be wrong. 
    So it's entirely possible that the enormous problem of our skill boosts that we paid for only sometimes being active is just the tip of the iceberg and in fact pitcher boosts that we paid for may never be active.  Incredible.  

#skillgate
  • Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    DFBB said:

I'm not sure how we would know pitcher skills are active, one way or the other.  We never get to see our pitchers take the mound.  You absolutely could be correct, I'm just not sure how we would know. 

I'm not that fussed about skills not activating in various game modes, but if they tell me my skills aren't active in WOH -- perhaps deactivating mid-round -- then I will be absolutely livid.  Those are the really high leverage at bats where I would fully expect the skills to be working.  Those are the at bats that motivated me to spend precious game resources on those skills.

On the other hand, it would explain nights like last night, when I was hammering Ryan with Holiday Ted, until it got to 8-6 and I mysteriously became unable to get a hit. 

• Options
    Imagine if all the VIPs took the money they spent on TSB and used it to crowdfund a NEW game with a DIFFERENT developer. Hmmmmmm....
  • Options
    DFBB said:
    What if my skills turned off during a walk-off round and a pitcher’s skills turned on by “chance”?
  • Options
    And now I am on the 4th CS rep and this one is backtracking on the previous rep's statements and basically admitting that the information about how the skills work is not available. 

• Options
    lpoheronlpoheron Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    I guess in a tie game in the bottom of the 9th is not a good time to activate.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    So, we are essentially playing slots with this game...investing real dollars into a game that is strictly built on RNG. In other words, every aspect of gameplay is built on random chances. The only aspect fully under our control is team building. But why build if the outcomes are predetermined? 

I figured it was all rigged once I learned the sequence of the “Learn To Play” tutorial. Always the same sequence. So every matchup is like pulling some predetermined outcome from a hat. 

I’ve been migrating from TSB to Golf Battle lately, and it’s built on user skill. Not sure why this game can’t be the same way. I guess because defense is a computer.
  • Options
    BigHurtBigHurt Registered Users, Member 157 Posts
    Houmy said:
    And now I am on the 4th CS rep and this one is backtracking on the previous rep's statements and basically admitting that the information about how the skills work is not available. 

Where's the "We're sorry for unapologetically scamming you out of your hard earned money most of the year, either through greed, negligence, or intentionally not-disclosing vital information" gift? ;-)
  • Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts

I will say this, though -- the outrage is bit overstated.  We all would have spent resources on even randomly activated skills, because it boosts team strength and increases the chances of our overall success.

We were misled, which is wrong, but the net effect on us is marginal.  It's just another example of Glu's shady business practices and/or programming deficiencies. 

• Options
    Metsicans said:

I will say this, though -- the outrage is bit overstated.  We all would have spent resources on even randomly activated skills, because it boosts team strength and increases the chances of our overall success.

We were misled, which is wrong, but the net effect on us is marginal.  It's just another example of Glu's shady business practices and/or programming deficiencies. 

The net effect is not marginal when you are talking about active skills landing you walk-off hero level 5 rewards or not by the score ending 7-8 or 9-8

i don’t care about skills during prime events, nor bonus games, or head to head matchups. But walk-off is all I build the skills for. And I didn’t build them up for them to be inactive when I was told they would be active 
  • Options
    ThumbstersThumbsters Registered Users, Member 267 Posts
    lpoheron said:
    I guess in a tie game in the bottom of the 9th is not a good time to activate.
    Did you bunt?

I would have. Especially with no active skill boost(s)...and take away the double play.
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I've never witnessed a skill inactive when it should be at the start of a WoH AB(please show otherwise if anyone has). I've been  playing WoH from beginning to end for months and I have no reason to believe that skills don't work as advertised for WoH. In the past, I've seen numerous conflicting info from CS and I believe this is yet another example of the disconnect between CS and the game developers/tsb game.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    DFBB said:
    I've never witnessed a skill inactive when it should be at the start of a WoH AB(please show otherwise if anyone has). I've been  playing WoH from beginning to end for months and I have no reason to believe that skills don't work as advertised for WoH. In the past, I've seen numerous conflicting info from CS and I believe this is yet another example of the disconnect between CS and the game developers/tsb game.
    I have not seen a skill inactive when it should be active at the beginning of a WOH round. I know you have talked about the pitch selection kinda being based on your matchup. I feel like skills can deactivate (and we would never know) mid match. I get fastballs for 3 hits and then 9 curves and I’m done. Why the sudden change?  Did my skills deactivate and reduce my hitter to where the matchup dictated curves?  The world may never know, but my lesson has been learned. I’ll either clear it easily, or I’m done for the day. Once I hit the wall, it’s time to back off and enjoy life