Skill boosts -- only active on a random basis?

13Next

Comments

• ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    edited January 2019
    This is why I never and will never spend a red cent on this game. They are teasing us with the possibility or it may be a reality now that we will carry over a number of our players over, I would gladly start all over again, fresh and have good ethical programming and a stable platform. They will wind up screwing us somehow with the carrying over of players. Maybe like one of our best player on our team that we of course choose might just randomly disappear just before we select him. 
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    A good test for woh would be to use c vs c 525 Ted Williams and see what type of winning % he has for 5-10...would tell us how much these skills matter.
    At least there is a silver lining to this issue even if though they play us for idiots, insult our intelligence and try to screw us every way possible without using any lubricant, they have not put the blame back on us, see there is improvement.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    At least there is a silver lining to this issue even if though they play us for idiots, insult our intelligence and try to screw us every way possible without using any lubricant, they have not put the blame back on us, see there is improvement.
    You mean my internet connection was sufficient?  And I didn’t have too many apps open in the background?  And I don’t have a phone with too much stuff on it?
    You mean my internet connection was sufficient?  And I didn’t have too many apps open in the background?  And I don’t have a phone with too much stuff on it?
    Exactly! It's amazing they didn't pull that bull crap on us! 
  • ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
    So I played a ton of bonus games yesterday.  I pop in on the close ones.  Two clear examples - I have Holiday Baez with both LHP skills facing Blake Snell (LHP) in the bottom of the 8th 1 out man on first.  We are down by 2.  So when I need it most, of couse the skill is not available.
    Later I have Hoiliday Ted Williams with both RHP skills against Kimbrel (RHP) two outs down by 1 man on 2nd base bottom of the 9th.  So when I need it most, of couse the skill is not available.
    The amount of resources it cost to do those skills and you cannot count on them to be active even when they meet the criteria.
    There has to be something we can do.
  • PilgrimPilgrim Registered Users, Member 24 Posts
    Hopefully Mark replied:

Hi Jose:

Thanks for getting back to me and clarifying the issue.  Just have one follow-up question.  Is my credit card charged every time I make a purchase from you?  Or is it just by chance, even when the requirements are met by you providing me what I purchased?

Just want to clarify that as well since you've graciously informed me that the resources I've spent time and actual money to acquire to use on these skill boosts are only activated by chance.

Have a good one,
    Mark
    Thank you, Thank you. My thoughts exactly. 
    So, tell me this isn't gambling. 
  • BigHurtBigHurt Registered Users, Member 157 Posts
    Pilgrim said:
    So, tell me this isn't gambling. 
    It definitely is, except in this case you have a literal zero chance of winning anything back of real value. 
    They had better by God activate for CVC.
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    Metsicans said:

I will say this, though -- the outrage is bit overstated.  We all would have spent resources on even randomly activated skills, because it boosts team strength and increases the chances of our overall success.

We were misled, which is wrong, but the net effect on us is marginal.  It's just another example of Glu's shady business practices and/or programming deficiencies. 

Sorry, I don't agree that the outrage is overstated because 'we would have all spent resources on even randomly activated skills.'

You might buy a refurbished iPhone, but wouldn't you be a little ticked to find out after 6 months that it was refurbished and they charged you full price?
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Noticed noticed the same thing. Since the boost is random it should say that somewhere
  • stevebalbonistevebalboni Registered Users, Member 108 Posts
    Picture says it all 
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    It explains a lot doesn’t it when during game play you can’t figure out why all of a sudden your guy can’t get the job done
    It's all done with mirrors
  • JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    That pitcher must have the special skills that take away your skills lol.  
  • stevebalbonistevebalboni Registered Users, Member 108 Posts
    That pitcher must have the special skills that take away your skills lol.  
    Don’t think so. The guy on first has the same lhb skills. They worked. 
    One had juju the other forgot to buy the chicken....
  • MadswagooMadswagoo Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
    I unfortunately found out about the "Skill Factor' almost 2 months ago. I went back and forth with CS for weeks. I shared every response with my club. CS told me to increase or max out skills to have a better chance of them activating. I was floored. Which straw will break the camel's back? 
    edited February 2019
    This is just really unacceptable.  His skills are boosted to 16/20, so they can spare the rhetoric about maybe increasing chances by leveling them up more.  That's just code for 'spend more.'

This was in a tournament game, in a 1 run game in the 9th inning.  Davis, unboosted, ended up striking out and I lost by 1 run.  As a Diamond club winning these tourneys is really important.  

Don't let GLU forget about this.  They have really screwed us on 'random' skills and not only did they not make it right but they continue to do it.

• HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts

What in the literal F? #skillsgate is getting more and more interesting.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

Bear in mind that most of the CS reps will say whatever just to say something and/or have no idea what they’re talking about. I had issues all weekend long with Fan Rewards this past weekend, requiring them to fix missing gold spent on 4 different occasions. The last time on Sunday evening I was told that the reason I didn’t get credited with gold spent was because fan rewards was already over. I had to send him a screenshot to help to him realize that it was still very much active lol