An in dept analysis of the move from Silver to Gold

ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts

I have been on the fence for a while on whether or not to go from silver to gold.  I have been hoarding resources for the move.  I told myself if I get the bonus player for Thursday bonus games, I will move up.  I got Holiday Cervelli from the High Round of the 1pm CVC match.  So, it was time to jump off the fence.

My Resources coming in:

14k – gold     5mil-blue cash   670k-bluexp    672k-prime xp    425k-legend xp   326-evo   40k-pennants

All of the upgrades were 40/40 and all of my pennants were 40/40     Team strength-119K  Silver

Who I leveled

BXP –cost to upgrade 100 gold, 10 evo, 75300 blue cash – 7 upgraded – 700gold 70evo $527,100 blue cash

BF Yelich(292) OF, BF Harper (287) OF, No Shave Mengden (263)SP4, All Star Hader (249)CL, War Kershaw ( 281), Stats Encarcion Sub/1b(287),  International Ramos Sub/c (290),

PXP – cost to upgrade 300 gold, 30 evo, $80,970 blue cash – 6 upgraded – 1800gold, 180evo, $486,820 blue cash

Prime BF Lindor SS (287), Prime BF Betts Sub (281), Prime OBP Votto 1b/sub (278), Prime OBP Verlander SP5 (261), Prime Holiday Baez 2b (299), Prime Holiday Cervelli  C/sub (290)

LXP- cost to upgrade 300 gold, 30 evo, $80,970 blue cash – 5 upgraded – 1500gold, 150evo, $404,850 Blue cash

Holiday Legend Williams OF(307), Holiday Legend Schmidt 3b (299) Living Legend Kluber SP1 ( 293), Legend OBP Williams DH (287), Legend Vida Blue SP2 (287)

Pennants  it is 760 to go to 41, and 1160 to go to 51

I took the Red Sox, Phillies, Indians, and Brewers to 50/60 on pennants

This is one area where I think I was lacking.  I hope it doesn’t bite me too much

Upgrades it cost 32k to go to 41

I took Hitting Coach, Base Coach, Trainer, Clutch Performance, In the Zone to 60/60

Here again I hope this doesn’t bite me in the end, because that is all I could update

Picked up along the way

3,300 Gold, 25 evo ( I played all the way to Gold 6 playoffs)  My club is diamond and I cashed out 63 Loyalty boxes from updating players.  I got around 100 evo, a lot of cash,  a couple worthless draft picks and franchise coins.  I did buy 8 Evo boxes for 300gold (2,400) got about 60 evo

Since I had the bonus player I scored 175,009,310 points in the event which placed our club 9th, so I got 200gold progress, and 200gold leveling discount and energy refresh rank rewards

Results

I played 646 bonus games went 634/646 .981pct – My bonus guy Cervelli batted .408 with 310 HR, Vida Blue was new to the rotation and he went 127-2 with 1.19 era.  They were the only two new guys that I could track actual stats on.

Whats Left

528k bxp, 305k pxp, 47k lxp, 23evo, 5 pennants,  team strength 139k 12.5k gold 350k blue cash

I upgraded all of my current roster hitters and starting pitchers.  I upgraded my closer.  I did not upgrade any of the other relievers yet.

Top 5 bats for WOH – Leftys - Holiday Ted 307 (16,15 skills), BF Yellich 292 (15,15), BF Harper 287 (11,11)    Rightys – Holiday Schmidt 299 (14,15), Holiday Baez 299 (11,11)

Any thoughts or comments welcome.  I am really interested in how WOH will go on Monday. 

Comments

• effschmoo2effschmoo2 Registered Users, Member 184 Posts
    If the pitchers stay the same you should have no problem with walk off. I’ve been using holiday trout, BF yelich, ATG Mays and holiday Ted for 5-7 through 5-10 and have no problem except when glu cranks up the curveballs in the middle of the day. 
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited January 2019
    @ReadingFightingPhils

Very nice! 

The pennants and team upgrades shouldn't hurt you at all. I went Gold maybe a month or so ago and still haven't made a ton of progress with those sans the 5 hitting upgrade areas that you mentioned (and good that you focused on those as I found they drastically effect performance in WOH).

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    "Top 5 bats for WOH – Leftys - Holiday Ted 307 (16,15 skills), BF Yellich 292 (15,15), BF Harper 287 (11,11)    Rightys – Holiday Schmidt 299 (14,15), Holiday Baez 299 (11,11)"

You should be just fine with those fine and Gold is much easier then Silver for WOH.

Report back monday and let us know the results but i think you got this!
  • rmouse511rmouse511 Registered Users, Member 185 Posts
    That was a great breakdown of what it takes to move from Silver to Gold. I know a lot of guys wonder about moving up to the tier and the resources needed. Your team should do great for the WOH event on Monday.
  • Numb3rsNumb3rs Registered Users, Member 20 Posts
    Thanks for the info @ReadingFightingPhils
    Ive been on the verge of jumping to gold myself for quite a while now. Ive finally decided to do it. Was going to do it this weekend but the 20,000 fan reward put me off. Im now hoping I can raise an extra 10k this week and pull the trigger next weekend and get (hopefully) 2 starters to add to my roster. 
    Interested to see how you do on Monday & Wednesday
  • ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
    Do they do some weird fan reward event when you go from silver to gold?  The players listed are 4 star players with 5star 266 max donaldson as top reward?  Who is everyone else seeing on the fan reward event
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    edited January 2019
    Do they do some weird fan reward event when you go from silver to gold?  The players listed are 4 star players with 5star 266 max donaldson as top reward?  Who is everyone else seeing on the fan reward event
    Yep.  Congratulations on moving to gold! Here are really bad fan rewards so you can’t level up your stadium or get the better fan rewards from the weekend 
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Stuff that makes you go “huh?”
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Cripple22Cripple22 Registered Users, Member 67 Posts
    Thank you for the info, still silver myself and have no trouble winning woh, still on the fence about going to gold though. Thanks again 
    After reading posts on the forum I am very leery of scoring over 100.  I knew this could be an issue with moving up to gold.  If it is too close or if I go over before the game ends, I resign.  I was clicking too fast and had 90 going into the 8th.  I scored 28 runs in the 8th and about had a heart attack.  Thankfully everything was ok.  It sucks to have to worry your legit team could do too well and raise red flags.  I will give my WOH update today.  I have the same team, except I am in process of leveling Goliath Chipper from my last cvc win last night.
    So an update after my first walk off Hero.
    I think this may have been a tough event to judge off of, since it seemed it may have been easier for everyone.  I thought it was very easy comparatively to silver.  What I noticed the most was that the autoplays had much higher sucess.  Usually someone will lose during my run up, and mess everything up.  I had very very auto play loses today.  I had no trouble playing anyone outside of 5-10.  I had mixed results at 5-10, but that is somewhat expected.  
    I think my CVC team scores better and more consistent against better pitching.  Although you never knew what the genie in the lamp will throw you.
    Prime events are way to easy, I am constantly worried about going over 100.
    Bonus games are now fun again and very winnable.
    Season mode was easy for a long time, and still is.  I win by about the same margin. 
    I don't really play slugfest much, because they have WOH the same day.
    All in all, it was a welcome change.  It was getting too boring staying at silver.  I am back to grinding for legend xp, and hoping for evo. The double gold made it a great time to level up.