Options

ATG and general TSB shop talk....

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
-Mantle boxes are 50% off and even more interestingly, his evo is 50% off!
Think GLU will honor some type of adjustment for those that spend all their hard earned gold on full priced MM evos? Pretty please?

-Holiday Ted aka WoH God is currently in the elite legends box. 
I'm hoping he'll be in a WoH box because I'd love a shot at him. I sent numerous inquiries to CS and they acknowledged that only a select group received the Holiday Ted offer(For $30) after the initial sale date. 

-ATG's place in the hierarchy of TSB
As is, after factoring cost/effectiveness, they've been diluted down to super nice eye candy. I don't think many of us expected such a demise when we poured hundreds and hundred of thousands of gold chasing them. You know what would be cool? If they acted as a set and their rating were boosted if you had more than one. For example, 2 ATGs would boost each other an additional 5%, 3 would be another 10%, etc, etc. It's an RPG element, but would certainly add to the chase factor and restore their lost glory.

-Pitchers' skills
Please turn the on. Ty. 

If you're not having fun, you're losing.

Comments

• Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I’ve thought about this recently. Think about when the first ATG came out. Babe Ruth back in, what May?  He was 500 and heads and shoulders above everyone else in the game at the time. This is when the best player otherwise were 425 primes. He was a full 15% better than the next best player. The rest of the field grew by max overalls of 100 while the ATG’s grew by 30. 
  • Options
    benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    Holiday Ted is best WOH player in the game IMO as 5.10 WOH almost always a righty... Mantle finally paying back my investment in him against Vida - would.love to see them bring back some lefty 5.10 pitchers but 3 of the 4 ATG have skills versus lefties so probably why we don't see it much. No coincidence that Babe's second skill is RISP - means he starts 5.10 with just one of two boosts. Ted has been almost a sure thing for me on 5.10 once I got his skills up to a decent level.... if they activate that is 😀
  • Options
    whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Yeah that elite legend box is tempting, but without knowing what’s gonna happen for 2019 I don’t know if I can part with $30 for a chance at Ted when I’m currently sitting on a grand total of 50 evo. he might not be that big of a difference maker for me till it’s too late.. I’d probably be better off just capping yellich’s skills...or crossing my fingers he will be a woh pick... also I’ve heard you guys talk about signature legends, it would suck to blow the money and resources and then have a 545 max overall or whatever come out
  • Options
    At this point, I'm not sure if Sig legends will be a thing. I wasn't around this time last year, but I've been told that they were already released by this time last year. Plus, I'm not sure how much time there's left for '18.
  • Options
    benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    whammo911 said:
    Yeah that elite legend box is tempting, but without knowing what’s gonna happen for 2019 I don’t know if I can part with $30 for a chance at Ted when I’m currently sitting on a grand total of 50 evo. he might not be that big of a difference maker for me till it’s too late.. I’d probably be better off just capping yellich’s skills...or crossing my fingers he will be a woh pick... also I’ve heard you guys talk about signature legends, it would suck to blow the money and resources and then have a 545 max overall or whatever come out
    Do they break out the odds for each player on iphone? If not I would guess chances of pulling Ted are pretty low
  • Options
    whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Just 100% chance of pulling a legend
  • Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    DFBB said:
    At this point, I'm not sure if Sig legends will be a thing. I wasn't around this time last year, but I've been told that they were already released by this time last year. Plus, I'm not sure how much time there's left for '18.
    Pretty sure the living legends replaced the signature legends from last year. Living legends are more fun, imo, so that was a rare improvement by Glu. 
  • Options
    Metsicans said:
    DFBB said:
    Pretty sure the living legends replaced the signature legends from last year. Living legends are more fun, imo, so that was a rare improvement by Glu. 
    I’m pretty sure I have seen a lot of legends, who are still alive, but not living legends. How can this be?
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @Metsicans we had living legends in 17 as well as signature legends but I am with @dfbb and don't think they'll release signature legends this year. Maybe they don't want to boost the ATG past 530 as signature legends would have to be in the 540-550 range now that we have 510-525 legends already. 
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Houmy said:
    @Metsicans we had living legends in 17 as well as signature legends but I am with @dfbb and don't think they'll release signature legends this year. Maybe they don't want to boost the ATG past 530 as signature legends would have to be in the 540-550 range now that we have 510-525 legends already. 

Wow, I have no recollection of the glitzy living legends from 2018.  I must not have had one, and then blocked out all the times they likely smashed my team. 
  • Options
    @Metsicans I believe they were black VIP boxes released from time to time in 17 but can't remember for sure. 

• Options
    whammo911 said:
    Just 100% chance of pulling a legend
    I asked CS and they said it is 1/3 for each player in the box. 

• Options
    PINKYSTARFISHPINKYSTARFISH Registered Users, Member 99 Posts
    How many Mantle evos are needed to go from gold to platinum?  Thanks 
  • Options
    How many Mantle evos are needed to go from gold to platinum?  Thanks 
  • Options
    Yikes . So if im planning to bring Mantle to platinum,  now would be the time to buy sale evos. Thanks
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Yikes . So if im planning to bring Mantle to platinum,  now would be the time to buy sale evos. Thanks
    What's not known is how long the evos will be discounted since they dont show a timer like the regular and mini Mantle boxes do.  But yeah ideally if you were ever considering, now would be an optimal if you have the gold.  You will probably have almost enough spent to grab Kershaw at 20K gold once you do.

Thanks 
  • Options
    Yeah bxp kershaw is an added incentive 
  • Options
    Well not a signature legend but man oh man is he a Goliath with those numbers. Teammate tempted me and 4 boxes is what it took. Good thing we have X2 videos for the next 5 days

• Options
    Had to spend 15.9k to accumulate 150 Mickey evo...  punched my ticket to spend a crazy amount more on him . I'm not sure how I feel about that. LOL
  • Options
    Had to spend 15.9k to accumulate 150 Mickey evo...  punched my ticket to spend a crazy amount more on him . I'm not sure how I feel about that. LOL
    He's great vs leftys, but relative to what's available, he's not ideal for the WoH(almost always rightys at 5.10). He