MLK WoH: Let's Speculate. Again!

Comments

• aaronchennaaronchenn Registered Users, Member 455 Posts
    Dont have a reason today to waste my time cycling anymore!
    Nevermind I need that xp
  • ProbodybuilderProbodybuilder Registered Users 337 Posts
    Got Blackmon on first cycle
  • ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
    It took Gold 454 Holiday Schmidt 3 times (1 video, 1 gold restart) to beat Abbott.  Got Dee Gordon.  Officially started crying
    I pretty much traded 700 gold for a Phil Rizzuto SS to replace stupid GG Simmons, i am overjoyed/
    Guys whats Rizzuto's hit at GOld 10?
  • lpoheronlpoheron Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    Sitting at 0-4 on Abbott with holiday mcgriff. Getting maybe 2 fastballs per try
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    Finally some dividends from the Mickey investment.... 2 for 2 so far
    LL Betts is 1-5 on him. Probably because his skills are only at 15/5
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Six cycles in and all 30% players. So yeah, my last 50 cycles has produced exactly one 10% player. :(
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    Mantle 2-4.  Blackmon 2x
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    @DFBB surely you've seen my 0-for-250 posts the last week?

I've only gotten a handful of the 10 percent guys since Black Friday, and it is always the lowest rated one available. 

Seems like they may be penalizing folks who are cycling 15+ times per event.
    @JEDDDOGGY Yes, yes I have! I just want any 10% player though(ok, not really.). 
    First time in Gold.  Cycling is going easier than normal.  I'm not sure if it's not the change in pitchers though.  Holiday Schmidt is 3 for 6 vs Abbott - 1 Dee Gordon, 2 Charlie Blackmon
    @ReadingFightingPhils Combination of both. :)
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    First time in Gold.  Cycling is going easier than normal.  I'm not sure if it's not the change in pitchers though.  Holiday Schmidt is 3 for 6 vs Abbott - 1 Dee Gordon, 2 Charlie Blackmon
    Glad it’s going well for you today, not so much for me. I have only one player capped and have a very poor chance against a 5-10 lefty as Holiday Baez at diamond 5 is my best bet. 
    Blackman 3x
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I’m 2 for 3 with a Diamond 9 EE, Blackmon x2 so far I’m playing for the exp the players don’t really excite me, I already have the Ted and I can’t afford to level the Rizzuto and I already have LL Lindor I can’t afford to level either lol.
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    I got Lindor and Gordon.  I probably will call it quits as there isn't even anyone in the box I would even want to burn the XP and EVO on.  

The resources are the only motivation.  
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Christmas Mookie doing a good job, 6-12 only video boosts
  • Malkin1171Malkin1171 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    I envy you guys who can cycle over and over. Keep up the great work guys. I'm hoping Goliath Jones and LL Votto can pull through 9&10 for me today finally. 
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Best of luck @Malkin1171
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

Good Luck @Malkin1171 The first one is always sweet.  I got Cano, who I can't stand with my first cycle (because he used drugs and cheated).  I keep him just because he was my first cycle.
  • lpoheronlpoheron Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    I've only cycled 2 times and got cano the first time also. Gotten him 2 more times since it seems like he is in every box glu gives as gifts. 
    Just pulled LL Trout from the free boxes!!
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    Cycled and got Gordon. Crap but at least he is bonus. 
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    edited January 2019
    Gotten Gordon twice and Lindor once today.  

To be blunt, just truly an awful box today.  #1, thought they were done with 445 max guys as the bottom reward after last week, but apparently not.  #2, the Lindor is a strong downgrade in both max and skills from the numerous versions of him that already exist.  

I guess if you're really focused on CvsC and willing to spend resources on a CvsC-only player, today is your day.   Other than that, it's just resource farming.  Even an average WOH cycler is not going to find a single asset in today's box that will improve their WOH roster.

CvsC skills are rather meaningless to me though I can understand why they'd be important to some.  In my club, hoarding MVP and High round rewards is frowned upon.  So even if I drastically upgraded at CvsC to the point where I could win every round, I'd have to either tone it down or find a new club.
  • dontgodontgo Registered Users, Member 63 Posts
    I was able to cycle today for the first time in months!  I'm 1-2 vs Abbot with Goliath Kris Bryant.  Nice they have some lefties in the final 4.  Pulled Blackmon who is the left-handed slugger I very much needed.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Well I didn’t think Baez would be good enough, but I guess he was. 

0 for my last 4 ugh