Someone please help me understand...

thickagethickage Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
edited January 2019 in General TSB Discussion
I know this has been discussed to great lengths, but this is more of a therapeutic post so I can shout out loud... 

1100 gold for Game Changers Box, 50% chance pulling GC.
500 gold for Moustached Men Box; 8% chance pulling Damon or Turner (1% Damon).

Let's say you're lucky and beat the odds, only spending 3,000 in gold and you get a GC and one of the Mustachioed men... Same thing for your entire club, they all beat the odds and got a couple of bonus guys.

And let's assume your club tiers out AND places first in the event, your rewards are:
  • 200 Gold, 2500 LXP and other junk for tiering out.
  • 600 Gold, lots of premium XP boxes, 15000 LXP
Basically 800 gold and a fair score of XP. We know first place is for the loaders and such, so it's unlikely your club will finish #1. 

That said, if you don't finish top 10, you don't get any gold rewards, except the 200 for tiering out. 

Can someone explain to me why and entire club would drop 3000+ each (x20 members) in gold to have a long-shot chance at winning 800 gold and XP? Asking for a friend here, of course.

Comments

• HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    And one of the Moustached men isn't even a bonus guy so the odds are even less. And speaking of which I can't remember how many times I traded that version of Turner back in.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• thickagethickage Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    edited January 2019
    Houmy said:
    And one of the Moustached men isn't even a bonus guy so the odds are even less. And speaking of which I can't remember how many times I traded that version of Turner back in.
    Everyone I know unloaded that Turner at least once. LOL. Don't even get me started on the silliness of why Mengden is in the box but not a bonus guy... :)
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @thickage I am actually glad he isn't a bonus guy because I got rid of him a long time ago as well so that would have been two bonus guys I already had for today :grimace: 

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited January 2019
    Well I had Turner 'stached' in my inactives so that worked out (hardy-har-har)...

But yeah, why would they give you decent rewards? Then you wouldn't need to buy anything...
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Game still seems to be revolved around people just starting out, I don’t understand the rewards for events at all and why people go all out for them. When I seen moustache boxes revived from November I was like well no reason to play at all today.
  • ProbodybuilderProbodybuilder Registered Users 337 Posts
    thickage said:
    Houmy said:
    Everyone I know unloaded that Turner at least once. LOL. Don't even get me started on the silliness of why Mengden is in the box but not a bonus guy... :)
    Not me!   Lol. Guy is bonus player like every other week!
  • thickagethickage Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    thickage said:
    Houmy said:
    Not me!   Lol. Guy is bonus player like every other week!
    Seems like Glu re-uses the signature Primes quite a bit. I'll hold on to those moving forward...
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    The numbers certainly don't add up, but there's a lot of value in simply having fun and chasing a prize. Personally, I don't get involved, but I do understand why many enjoy it. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    We’ve discussed this in my club and wonder the same thing. The rewards need to be better to make it worth your time effort and resources