Out-of-date gifts ?

newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts
So a few times now glu has given us a daily gift that contained boxes for previous events.  I’m not here to complain about it as I’m not one of those people, I’m more less just fishing out some opinions on the matter!!  
    So the biggest thing is WHY?    
  Why do they chose this as the gift instead of giving us boxes for the current event so any luck at hitting any player would be beneficial to us and we be much more greatful for that!!
     My purpose of this post is that I did indeed get a player with today gift. I got posey 375 max. So during the event when he was a bonus player , I would be happy to use him and greatful for a FREE bonus.  But due to him being old , it’s just another way of saying I got xp. He’s useless and worth LESS as a trade in then the xp rewards from that box!!!  
    So what are some posible reasons that glu would give a gift ( show appreciation to us paying addicts that keep them in business).  And ruin the thought by making it an old box that will disappoint most of us ( besides the 1% of us that hit the 500+ player in that box) ?

Comments

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    My guess is because those boxes won’t be bought anymore. They want you to buy current boxes. I actually got Rizzo from one of the boxes today (staying bronze 1 of course), and I actually just wanted XP. 
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @newfy as @Bigpredfan pointed out GLU wants you to buy the bonus boxes of the day so giving them free wouldn't work. They do it from time to time though as achievement video awards (still waiting on my 20 EVO from today BTW). Also if you started late then those free boxes would still be great for building your team even if you won't get any bonus points for that day.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts
    @Houmy and @Bigpredfan. I agree with y’all that it has to be only for the money grab purpose they would give old boxes.  Even if they give 1 current box instead of 3 old ones, it would hold a better gratitude effect on their customers and we all know with the odds, if 1-2 members in a club actually got one of those players, that be the most!!    It just seems to counter against thier good thoughts and gratitude.  
      Glu has made many HATTERS with things they have done over the season and I feel this will only add to it.   I may add I am not one of those hatters and I just ignore all the glu non sense and keep tapping as usual.  But of course some of these things do bother me!!
  • Cripple22Cripple22 Registered Users, Member 67 Posts
    Pretty simple, glu stock price needs to go up, that won't happen if you get something for free
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    newfy said:
    @Houmy and @Bigpredfan. I agree with y’all that it has to be only for the money grab purpose they would give old boxes.  Even if they give 1 current box instead of 3 old ones, it would hold a better gratitude effect on their customers and we all know with the odds, if 1-2 members in a club actually got one of those players, that be the most!!    It just seems to counter against thier good thoughts and gratitude.  
      Glu has made many HATTERS with things they have done over the season and I feel this will only add to it.   I may add I am not one of those hatters and I just ignore all the glu non sense and keep tapping as usual.  But of course some of these things do bother me!!
    I typically don’t complain about free gifts, or the lack thereof, because they are free. 

The only time you will see me upset with a gift are the VIP gifts if they are significantly worse than previous VIP gifts that come at the beginning of the month.