GLU Please read: Uses for Franchise Coins

rasinrasin Registered Users 77 Posts
I have now rendered (as I guess some of you have) the Franchise Coin obsolete. I have 531 coins that have no value whatsoever. I have all players 5 star and above, and am offered nothing in the franchise slot. So, what am I to do with the coins currently in my inventory, or the ones I get as rewards?

I have a suggestion Blueleopard, TSB, or anyone else that happens to read this post. How about allowing the use of Franchise Coins to purchase upgrades? It would not be my first choice, but hey, at least it's something! I guess bonus games, ice wraps, or energy bars would be better than no use too.

I guess my preferred choice would be trading them in for a nominal amount of gold or cash. How about it TSB or GLU, feeling generous?

Comments

• STYLNDEZZSTYLNDEZZ Registered Users, Member 7 Posts
    That’s a great idea! I have 511 and building. 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    And I actually use them sometimes 

• Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    I pity the individual somewhere out there who has inadvertently tapped the 10 franchise coins for 2500 gold button.
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    I wish they could be traded for evo, the price for 1 you could buy a box of evo...
  • JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    I don’t think they’d do gold for them, but a small amount of evo or cash would be solid for everyone sitting with stacks of franchise coins.  
  • thickagethickage Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    The only use I've seen for these is that rare occasion where there's a franchise player who happens to be on one of the teams who is getting the event bonus (e.g. Cespedes was somewhat useful for bonus games where Mets were the bonus team). That said, many of us have stocked up hundreds of coins. 

If glu at least ensured there'd be a franchise guy who meets the event bonus, there'd be some value in the coins.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    thickage said:
    The only use I've seen for these is that rare occasion where there's a franchise player who happens to be on one of the teams who is getting the event bonus (e.g. Cespedes was somewhat useful for bonus games where Mets were the bonus team). That said, many of us have stocked up hundreds of coins. 

If glu at least ensured there'd be a franchise guy who meets the event bonus, there'd be some value in the coins.
    A player for the event bonus would be nice. But what if they offered *gasps* legends as franchise players.  3 coins for 5 games and those coins would be used a little more 
    thickage said:

A player for the event bonus would be nice. But what if they offered *gasps* legends as franchise players.  3 coins for 5 games and those coins would be used a little more 
    I'm with ya there! 
    Would anyone really even use franchise coins if they did Legends for 3?  Still can't see it unless it was a bonus player.  If they do the same low level legends that they do for franchise primes, it would probably be a bunch of 440 max range legends.  Not going to do much with that, can maybe plug a weak spot in your lineup but since you can't use them for CvsC or WOH anyway it's hardly worth it.
    I think the best use would be relatively "leveled up" bonus players. There would actually be a need to collect coins at that point - if you play 200 event games over a weekend, that's potentially 200-400 coins you'd need to get a bonus player added to your roster. 

I can't see the scenario where I'd EVER buy 10 coins for 2500 gold, though. That's ridiculous...
  • chainblueltngchainblueltng Registered Users, Member 188 Posts
    they came in clutch in 18 when the big bonus points came from rbi or stolen bases and such by a team. used them all the time. 
  • LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    Nothing worse than dropping $30k on a tournament, crushing each game and getting a franchise coin as the reward.
  • BillVeeckBillVeeck Registered Users, Member 8 Posts
    Worthless for several seasons. I should be able to use them to get a cut from parking or concessions.

• Babybombers9Babybombers9 Registered Users, Member 212 Posts
    Or when there’s a 5.1% chance you get them in your club loyalty box and you get them instead of the EVO you really need that comes in a 3.6% chance.
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I would love to trade them in for evo. 1 coin=1 evo. That would help out a lot of us
  • SantashelperSantashelper Registered Users, Member 58 Posts
    edited January 2019
    And I actually use them sometimes 

According to Glu’s comically absurd price point, you have 204,000G worth of franchise coins, or $1,961USD. Oh, and this is a mobile game 👀
    Hello Rasin,

I forwarded your concern to our development team for monitoring. While we're unable to promise any immediate adjustments, please be assured that our development team reviews player inquiries prior to making adjustments with the game.

We are still looking for more ways to improve the game and your message helps us with that. We can't thank you enough in the meantime for your continued patience and bearing with our development.

If there's anything else I can help you with, let me know!

Best,
    Glu Mobile Customer Care
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    edited January 2019
    Hello Rasin,

I forwarded your concern to our development team for monitoring. While we're unable to promise any immediate adjustments, please be assured that our development team reviews player inquiries prior to making adjustments with the game.

We are still looking for more ways to improve the game and your message helps us with that. We can't thank you enough in the meantime for your continued patience and bearing with our development.

If there's anything else I can help you with, let me know!

Best,
    Glu Mobile Customer Care
    When I see a response from customer service it is like listening to Charlie Brown's teacher....blah,blah,blah,blah.....whah whah whah
  • BillVeeckBillVeeck Registered Users, Member 8 Posts
    I told them to eat a bag of poo.... No reply.
  • barnstormbombersbarnstormbombers Registered Users, Member 96 Posts
    Just put atgs in franchise coin slots
    They make a great avatar.
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I vote being able to trade them for evo. I can’t tell you that last time that I used one
    At Diamond it's necessary to constantly play tournaments to continue to cycle playoffs.  We count on the bonus game rewards.  I just pulled 3 out of 4 tourney boxes with franchise coins.  It's beyond frustrating.  They know darn well that they are completely worthless to us and they just don't care enough to do anything about them.  
    @Wicked0Wildcats looks like you and @rasin should send messages to Glu! Here’s mine.