How much time do we have left for '18?

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
I'm in a bit of denial, but I know the end of '18 is fast approaching. Does anyone have a time line of when I should say my goodbyes? I'm definitely going to need some time to let things sink in. TIA. 
If you're not having fun, you're losing.

Comments

• ProbodybuilderProbodybuilder Registered Users 337 Posts
    Usually , the new game comes out around opening day of baseball season or week or 2 after.  Canada got it like a month earlier. 
  • ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
    I think I am staying with 18.  I put too much into this team (not just time and money, and as weird as it sounds I think I am emotionally attached). I am fine tuning skills and starting my next mission of saving up resources for platinum.  I think we are about at a time where they will stop raising the max (so they don't have to change ATG)  and I can finally settle in on a team.
  • MadswagooMadswagoo Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
    2018 is winding down fast. Last year, Glu made the Beta Version (a version of a piece of software that is made available for testing, typically by a limited number of users outside the company that is developing it, before its general release) to Canada, however look how much they had changed from 2017-2018.

Assuming minor changes in 2019, I think we can expect it on or around the MLB Season Start (note: its earliest start in baseball history)
    MLB  2019 schedule. It will begin with the Japan opening series between the Seattle Mariners and host Oakland Athletics at the Tokyo Dome on March 20-21.

6-7 weeks and I'm sure plenty of us have the "What to Do's"  with Glu giving us teasers on a carry over...Do you continue to build, invest in resources etc. with a lingering question mark?
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Madswagoo said:

6-7 weeks and I'm sure plenty of us have the "What to Do's"  with Glu giving us teasers on a carry over...Do you continue to build, invest in resources etc. with a lingering question mark?
    I’m honestly tempted just to stay with 2018. Keep my stadium, keep my team, and find people who are still playing here in this app 
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @DFBB the U.S. release came out on opening day for 18 and Canadians got it two weeks earlier. 

17 version is still going but there are no new boxes and no bonus players for the events with WOH also being stuck on the same player, Silver Slugger Seager, for every event. They also seem to have moved 17 to slower servers. Same thing may happen to 18 or with GLU teasing us about 19 before, it may just be updated to 19 instead of a new install.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited January 2019
    Thanks guys. Sounds like we have about two months left. :(
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @Houmy, I heard that the beta version was released in early Feb last year. If that's the case, we have about two weeks left? How did that work?
  • SantashelperSantashelper Registered Users, Member 58 Posts
    Feb. 9th last year.
    @DFBB the Beta version is invite only from what I understand. 

• Cripple22Cripple22 Registered Users, Member 67 Posts
    Will we still be able to level up team in 18 when 19 comes out? I'm silver and waiting for bonus events to end then I plan to go gold.  First year playing so that's my plan, any feedback appreciated.  117k silver, woh 6x cycle normally.  
    Just want to make sure I will be able to level up 2018 app team.
    Thanks

@Cripple22 if things remain the same as 17 then yes you'll still be able to level up.

• Cripple22Cripple22 Registered Users, Member 67 Posts
    Thanks houmy
  • HuskerHusker Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
    There was an opportunity to get in on Beta if you were in Canada. Or if you changed your App Store address to a Canadian one, in which case the game was available for download. I know people were doing that for about a month prior to the worldwide release, but i think initially it may have been by invitation.
    @Husker the Canadian release was different than the Beta release and only came out 2 weeks before the official U.S. release.

• nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    I say release it now! No time better than the present time! Make it happen Glu!
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
    nym5fan said:
    @nym5fan It's never too early to start taking our $$$ for the 19 version right? Can you imaging how many spring training versions of Trout we would chase if they released it now? :trollface:

• nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    Houmy said:
    nym5fan said:
    @nym5fan It's never too early to start taking our $$$ for the 19 version right? Can you imaging how many spring training versions of Trout we would chase if they released it now? :trollface:
    Oh man, the potential for them to capitalize on spring training are countless... shame on them for not exploiting this time of the year and taking us for all we got in a new 19 version already... Glu is so disappointing lol. 
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • HuskerHusker Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
    Houmy said:
    @Husker the Canadian release was different than the Beta release and only came out 2 weeks before the official U.S. release.
    Thanks Houmy. At least one of us knows what he’s talking about!
    @Husker I only remember because I was so mad that our gentle neighbours to the north got a 2 week head start to gather resources :angry: 

All jokes aside though I believe me being displeased was very justified as 2 weeks is long enough for some to get enough resources and slightly better players to give them just the edge they need to finish higher in events and get, you guessed it, better resources than those that started later.

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Houmy said:
    nym5fan said:
    I want “Winter meetings Yelich” personally 
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Dang I live right on the border of Canada....might have to cross it and download it...muhahahaha....lol