ATG value

SakaV2SakaV2 Registered Users, Member 124 Posts
I appreciate their max overalls being significantly higher...but yesterday I pulled Babe and he's a masher for sure.  I have LL Votto and I just don't see how with a few months left in this game it's worth the gold and resources to pump him up.  Anyone think differently?  I did take him to silver 10 but gold seems steep unless it's absolutely a game changer 

Comments

• thickagethickage Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    I dumped my Babe pitcher for the Babe evo in hopes I pull him again. I would have done the same for the hitter had I pulled him. The latest offerings of Teddy Holiday and Legend Betts are much easier to level and provide better hit number than all the ATGs. It’s really a shame that Glu watered down the ATGs...
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    As is, the ATGs are definitely not worth the resources required to level them if you're Plat or higher. At gold? I think they're still worth it. Regardless, as @thickage pointed out, there are better(and cheaper) alternatives. For example,  Holiday Ted>Babe and the LL Betts>Hank. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • thickagethickage Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    DFBB said:
    As is, the ATGs are definitely not worth the resources required to level them if you're Plat or higher. At gold? I think they're still worth it. Regardless, as @thickage pointed out, there are better(and cheaper) alternatives. For example,  Holiday Ted>Babe and the LL Betts>Hank. 
    I recently leveled ATG Mantle and jacked both skills to 20 and he’s been a WOH beast. He absolutely embarrassed Snell, Vida Blue and fared well against Tommy John (was 8-16 overall) with no additional boosts needed. 

Mantle’s 339 power rating proved clutch many times that I was down three runs with two outs with two runners on and jacked a tying HR. For Mantle, he has LHP and Late skills, so both are active the whole WOH experience. 

That said, I’m at Gold. If I decide to go platinum, I’d probably dump him for evo in hopes that I pull him again. 

What are Babe and Hank’s skills? Does anyone have them leveled in Gold? Would like to see them. 
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts

To me you're better off investing in WOH than spending 7k-8k on an ATG, especially with two months left in the game.  To illustrate this, look at Mookie v. Mantle, both of whom I have capped at gold.  The raw difference between Mookie and Mantle is almost imperceptible -- only 3 rating points (310 v. 307).  If you break down their stats, Mookie has a higher hit rating.  Mantle has a marginally better power/speed combo.  Both murder lefty pitchers thanks to their LHP skill. 

Mookie only costs LXP.  Mantle costs LXP plus 7K or 8K in gold (for specialty evo).  These numbers suggest it isn't worth leveling Mantle.

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    edited January 2019
    Metsicans said:

To me you're better off investing in WOH than spending 7k-8k on an ATG, especially with two months left in the game.  To illustrate this, look at Mookie v. Mantle, both of whom I have capped at gold.  The raw difference between Mookie and Mantle is almost imperceptible -- only 3 rating points (310 v. 307).  If you break down their stats, Mookie has a higher hit rating.  Mantle has a marginally better power/speed combo.  Both murder lefty pitchers thanks to their LHP skill. 

Mookie only costs LXP.  Mantle costs LXP plus 7K or 8K in gold (for specialty evo).  These numbers suggest it isn't worth leveling Mantle.

Mantle also costs about 150K in legend XP to cap in gold while Mookie is around 100K I believe 
  • PINKYSTARFISHPINKYSTARFISH Registered Users, Member 99 Posts
    Maybe the Atgs are the hinted at carryover players to 19....
    Maybe they are neutered at the start and slowly increase...
    But maybe they need to be capped at a certain lvl for this to occur . Platinum or dare I say diamond....
     Who knows . 
  • stevebalbonistevebalboni Registered Users, Member 108 Posts
    edited January 2019
    Everything everyone says is true. But I’ve had mantle since early september. He’s the only one from that team still in my lineup. And still kills 5.10. Still ok on 5-10 vs righty. 

So the reason I would keep any ATG is they are garuanteed to be a cut above, plus possibility they will carry over to 19 
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Nobody has mentioned the eye-candy/cool factor yet. I know that doesn't do it for some people, but I am a huge baseball fan in general so I love having these guys on my team just to see their names/photos and be able to use them in games and hit towering home runs, etcetera. It just makes the experience better for me.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @JEDDDOGGY I'm a slave to eye candy. :(
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    DFBB said:
    @JEDDDOGGY I'm a slave to eye candy. :(
    MMMMMMM candy...….. gimme gimme gimme
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!