Options

Big Butts Box

SantashelperSantashelper Registered Users, Member 58 Posts
This weekend, Glu will be releasing a Big Butts Box, featuring a special edition Rafael Devers and Living Legend Bartolo Colon. Bonus points will be BIG.
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    A Legendary Cecil Fielder should be offered in that box.
  • Options
    Pablo Sandoval
  • Options
    C.C. Sabathia
  • Options
    Terry Pendleton for sure
  • Options
    nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    I would think the big butts box would be full of Pitchers... since you know pitchers got a big butt... then another pitcher box full of belly itchers… 

From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • Options
    Maybe the best would be Kirby Puckett
  • Options
    TRABUKOTRABUKO Registered Users, Member 45 Posts
    Legendary El Guapo Rich Garces or Prime Willians Astudillo
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Why Y'all ignoring Kirby Puckett? 
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    maybe if they did do a pitchers box for belly itchers and big butts they would toss a decent RP in the bunch since we can hardly come by a decent RP these days....
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    meh they already have had a few versions of legend Jon Kruk
  • Options
    These are the types of boxes that make me wonder if Glu is actually wants to make money.
  • Options
    whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    In the old days you used to wait all week to play the “Main Event” on the weekend, now it’s a complete snooze fest.

One thing I know is Glu’s only goal is to get our cash.  The fact that they continue the weekend model tells me people are still throwing their money at it.  Makes me wonder about how addicted people are?
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • Options
    Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    Weekend boxes have become a poo-poo platter of 375 max players, which is enough motivation for me to spend my weekend doing other things and hanging onto my gold.
  • Options
    TRABUKOTRABUKO Registered Users, Member 45 Posts
    Got Wendle. Guess I'll ride him this weekend and dump him first thing on monday
  • Options
    whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    ^^^^^^^ Proving my point
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Weekend boxes have become a poo-poo platter of 375 max players, which is enough motivation for me to spend my weekend doing other things and hanging onto my gold.
    I might even vaguely be more interested if the players were temporarily boosted during the weekend, like a game changer. The 375 players could be 490 like a game changer only to drop to 375 Sunday night. I had a cvc bonus player a few weekends ago and that player was worthless for cvc. My game changer at gold 10 is still productive for cvc 
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    @whynot agreed. Royale should be moved to the weekend. No one in our club plays the prime events.

Glu’s model has forced the majority of people to play solo. What is supposed to be a team game has turned into a solo battle for rewards (because prices are so high and resources are so scarce). Notice, they don’t reward clubs with boxes for cvc, just individuals. So everyone goes solo to win the boxes. Same thing with events. Unless you’re in a top club, you are more likely to get a winnable bracket if you go solo. Game is definitely broken.

I didn’t mash one bonus game yesterday. Or one prime game on Tuesday. Likely won’t open the app again this weekend. Such a drag.
  • Options
    Well I actually got lucky on the Road Warrior box. Did my max 2 pulls for any event ONLY if there is a player that I would need for my regular roster and got the only guy I was looking for. I'll take a 520 max BXP any day. I know the skills are useless but for match me games skills don't matter to me as much as 1: they would not be active in all situations and 2: even if the situation is to activate the skill we have learned that they won't necessarily be active anyway.

• Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    @houmy I took 2 as well for kicks, got Goldy... bummer. Just worked on rizzo this week
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    thickagethickage Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    Anyone buy EMart from the specials and have him at Gold 10? Looks like the RH Teddy Ballgame
  • Options
    @dkarski87 at least Goldy is a CVC bonus player so there is always that.

• Options
    LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    edited January 2019
    I took a couple pulls and ended up with this scrub...

This is where GLU puts me in a pickle though. Already have DSkill Legends Banks & Lindor, who I've been trying to build up recently.... figures.
  • Options
    Houmy said:
    Why Y'all ignoring Kirby Puckett? 
    @LudwigMonster yeah you DID have to agree with me there with your profile picture and all buddy :wink: . Man I miss seeing that guy bat.

• Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Not gonna get a box but i had to buy my dude 
  • Options
    Babybombers9Babybombers9 Registered Users, Member 212 Posts
    thickage said:
    Anyone buy EMart from the specials and have him at Gold 10? Looks like the RH Teddy Ballgame

• Options
    thickagethickage Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    thickage said:

Thanks for posting. ATG Mantle is 328 / 339 / 184 with LHP and Late skills, so this is Mantle, Jr. 
  • Options
    BigHurtBigHurt Registered Users, Member 157 Posts
    thickage said:

Holiday TW (at Gold) is 337/311/202, so similar but TW still has the higher hit rating (plus obviously double RHP skills). I'll note that TW is parking one every 6.4 AB (Insane), and OPS of 2.124 (it just keeps going up and up, lol). 
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    That's a cool player poster! I kind of want him just as a collector's item. I already have Mantle and he is DH only so it would really limit his use.... hmm...
  • Options
    benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    my Holiday Ted delivering similar numbers - 6.3 AB/HR
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Holiday Ted seems to be in that range for most. Gotta say though I'm loving my Chipper even more and especially so as I watched him play live when he was up-and-coming as a rookie .