Club Points Gone!!

slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
Hey everyone,

A buddy of mine last night logged in and noticed all 19+ million of his club points were gone and he was zero'ed out. Anyone have this happen? He has emailed CS and still waiting for their reply.
Prev1

Comments

• HuskerHusker Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
    He was jailed. Possibly temporary, possibly permanent, but that is what happens to your points if you get jailed during an event.
  • MadswagooMadswagoo Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
    Sounds like he exploited the game some how. Lots of people getting jailed for taking advantage of system glitches etc. 
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    No way that's crazy. Thanks!
  • HuskerHusker Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
    Madswagoo said:
    Sounds like he exploited the game some how. Lots of people getting jailed for taking advantage of system glitches etc. 
    I agree. I know there is a perception, which I think is based on reality to a certain extent, that 100% legit teams get permanently jailed. However, I have 8 teams - you can’t put a device down in my house for more than 15 minutes before I put the game on it - and none have been jailed. 6 of those I made a nominal ($5) purchase to get rid of ads. They all get a bunch of gold from event finishes because I play a version of solo (all of my teams) and have one VIP team that carries everyone during the week. I play the others if they get a bonus guy. I don’t really watch videos on those because they’re all on crappy devices. This week they all have earned 3500 gold, which is typical - it’s rare if I’m not top 3. No jail. I only knew of one glitch - the season mode - but refused to do it because I’d invested too much to risk getting flagged for something almost worthless. I know now there are more, and a few that are probably easy to do, and I bet they don’t “feel” like cheating (for lack of a better word) but Glu probably feels differently. My teams are a crazy small sample size so it’s only an example, but I’d think one of them might well have been nailed if it was a random type thing. It would actually be more helpful if, instead of denials, someone would acknowledge they used what seemed to be a harmless glitch, so everyone has a better idea of why teams are getting that temporary jail. This is just an opinion and I am not disparaging people who glitch (or even those who get loaded) that’s not my business, but I think a decent proportion of those jailed may well have used a minor glitch and Glu set a oarameter that caught it.
    Yeah I'm going to have to ask him again. He told me he hasn't done anything out of the ordinary, and from knowing him personally he doesn't seem like something that would knowingly do something that isn't allowed.
    I have read about an energy bar glitch that really got exploited on Tuesdays and Weekends. Don't know how it works nor do I really care. So many threads started by claiming "I was jailed for no reason" or "watching too many videos" is absolute BS. And how well do you really know these guys - 9 guys in my club for 3 straight years..I know them very well but..I'm sure you get my point.

Glu can track every move and its in their updated disclaimer. Jail them all..mass exodus style...crooked clowns.
    I hope we don't get jailed watching vids hahaha that's all i do at work for 8 hours. The individual I'm talking about I work with and have known for a while, buuuut that's not to say he didn't try and pull some stuff.

Thank you for your help I really appreciate it.
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    Are Easter Eggs considered cheating? If so Nintendo would have jailed me for sure🤪 still on the fence about it tho. Programmers put those in and are a hidden part of the game. Loading is definitely cheating in my book, but if nothing outside the game was used to improve a players team besides in-game eggs, well I just don’t know. For example-using a bonus guy on each round in Slugfest. We all know after you use said player to just lose the next round and restart using bonus guy on next level resulting in what used to be millions (now billions) of points. BUT was that really how the game was designed to be played?!?!?! I doubt it, but this exploitation has become common place. 

Let me pose this question...if, let’s say, you manually played and struck out 3 times in the bottom of the 8th and won the game with the reward being XX amount of gold each time (rather than a random late/1st rnd or cash reward) and continues as long as you repeat this function (a glitch), would you exploit that Easter Egg in order to accumulate resources? I have a hard time believing those who would say no. Knowledge is power and Glu makes sure no one has more power than they do...
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I had my club points reset once in my old club the app crashed and I’d came back in and had no restrictions or anything I wondered what happened but who knows.  I didn’t knowingly do anything untoward but who knows what algorithms glu uses to detect exploits.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I consider 'hacking' to be something that involves a 3rd party(i.e GG) I consider glitching to be something that involves airplane mode(exploits the connection between the user and the server). Obviously, GLU is the judge/jury, but that mindset has kept me clear of any wrong doing. 

@fahhq2, I don't believe the examples you gave would be grounds for jail. The derby/bonus example is a good one because when you 'slow play,' you also sacrifice time, which will cost you more cycles than you otherwise would have. Was the game meant to be played that way? I'm not certain, but in my club, we rarely advise it because it's counterproductive as far as making our teams better. 

@slafrance2 You won't get jailed for watching/clicking on videos. I'm absolutely certain of it. :)

@Madswagoo The energy bar glitch really pisses me off. What really gets me is that those who are caught are literally given a slap on the wrist. For the life of me, I don't understand that. Or I guess, I'm in denial of that.

I spend an inordinate amount of time on the game and I take it very seriously. That combo has enabled me to build a team on par with the upper VIP teams. There are many who believe that if you don't spend money, you will get jailed if you're team is 'too good.' For what it's worth, I have zero worries about being jailed. Or shall I say, staying jailed. All I've ever asked if that if I trigger any flags, that it gets investigated. Keep in mind that rumors of what can/can't get you jailed are quick to spread and for GLU, that's not always a bad thing. I believe they are intentionally vague because it serves as a deterrent. 

Oh, to OP's point. As has been stated, he was jailed. Hopefully, he simply triggered a flag and all will be good. I do know that they can track your activities. If he's guilty, no offense, but he should stay jailed. GL either way and I hope you get clarity. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    I believe it to be highly unfair jailing players due to exploits in the app itself. If the programmers didn't think something through then that is on them and if player finds those exploits then more power to them. 

Now mind you I am not referring to the airplane mode on/off or something that you do on purpose to glitch the game but rather things that the rest of you pointed out like losing a round in Slugfest or WOH on purpose to replay a bonus batter. Now there is really no way, that I can think of, for GLU to patch that as sometimes you could just strike out and have to restart so if players want to take more time cycling and instead earn points for their clubs then so be it.

Things that they can patch should be, like the ABC/Icewrap "exploit" in 17, and since the fault was on them with coding it originally then they should not jail players for using them. 
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

edited January 2019
    Speaking of which I was loading the app while I was typing my last response and am now stuck on 37% loading. GLU better give me 50K gold to start 19 once they check my spending habits.

Hey @Bigpredfan do me a favor and contact Ted in-game and let him know that I am on sabbatical (soft jail)?

Houmy said:
    Speaking of which I was loading the app while I was typing my last response and am now stuck on 37% loading. GLU better give me 50K gold to start 19 one they check my spending habits.
    Houmy, are you in yet ? There is no way your a 37%-er.
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Try turning WiFi off and load game @Houmy
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
    @whynot tried 4G and still no dice

Is this a sick joke.. I just clicked the video after it played a network error flashed 2x..then the oops we need to restart. Its now stuck at 37 %...are they monitoring our forum chats or something ???
    @Madswagoo same thing here with the error and need to restart.

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Houmy said:
    Hey @Bigpredfan do me a favor and contact Ted in-game and let him know that I am on sabbatical (soft jail)?
    Here ya go!

And here I am ripping the guys who say " I was watching too many videos" and boom, the first video I watch triggers this. They have to be checking everyone's account or something. One clubmate just told me it happened to him yesterday while on his Ipad and got back in after 1 hour. 
    This entire thread got the 37% ? We, the ones that answer peoples questions and keep this forum full of conversation pieces..Are you kidding me !
    I had it and then it went away and came back.
    @Bigpredfan thanks buddy and especially so for saying it like that :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: 

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    So I must have missed something. What is everyone getting the “37 treatment” for?
    So I must have missed something. What is everyone getting the “37 treatment” for?
    I was wondering that as well.

I'm back in and nothing was effected, however, you spend money on this app and they can shut you down like that leaves a bad taste in my mouth
  • nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    @JEDDDOGGY its not just all over facebook. its in here too. 
    @houmy i'm sorry to see you are in the pile of 37%ers.... hope you get back in soon unscathed!
    #freehoumy #glusgonerogue #stopthemadness
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • SantashelperSantashelper Registered Users, Member 58 Posts
    edited January 2019
    New gift. I’m afraid to collect 👀 is this what Communism feels like?
    @nym5fan I guess your hashtag worked. Thanks 2020 running mate.