XP amounts awarded from draft picks

Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
So like many others I'm sure, I have an enormous collection of unopened 2nd and late round picks from WOH.  Finally needing the blue XP, I figured I would start chipping away.  

When opening the 2nd round picks I noticed most are worth really low amounts like 18 to 20, but some higher at 70 or 80, and then for no particular reason every once in awhile one is worth 600 or 700, etc.  

These aren't necessarily higher picks -- sometimes still just 2 stars or so.  Not duplicates or anything like that.  Any rhyme or reason as to what the XP award is when opening picks?

Comments

• stevebalbonistevebalboni Registered Users, Member 108 Posts
    The two star players might be pushing out higher value players to make room. 
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    Example, just opened a 1.5 star Ty Kelly for 527 XP.  And then a 3.5 star Brian Duensing for 18 XP.
  • chainblueltngchainblueltng Registered Users, Member 188 Posts
    akways wondered the same thing. i believe when you start seeing the additional xp next to the picture its auto trading in a player cause your bench is full. occasionally youll pull a platinum max guy but im not in the analytics department so i cant be certain 
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    The two star players might be pushing out higher value players to make room. 
    I don't think so because none of these guys are still there when I go to check my trade-in inactives.  They just go straight in for XP.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    edited January 2019
    I’ve actually done hard math research in 2nd and late round picks. 

Late round picks average about 25XP- 3-star players bringing the average up since they are a little over 200

2nd round picks average around 75 XP- 3.5 and 4 star players bringing that average up 

I never have a full bench and open these picks daily. On days where I’m getting a lot (walk-off and bonus games), I opened 20 in the past at a time and kept track of how much XP every set of 20 picks gave me. Walk-off days I could get 30K just in these picks