Anyone have a device that plays videos flawlessly?

thickagethickage Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
Can't even count how many times I was left stranded in WOH because the vids wouldn't play or the rogue vid that causes the app to freeze, resulting in a start-over in the round. 

Is there such a thing of a device that you can count on the vids playing correctly at all the right times? 

I have an iPhone 7 and I can't play 10 vids in a row without some issue and was left at the alter yesterday many times in WOH. I've seen some guys post (during double gold vids) their gold tally of 2000+ from one session, which means they'd have to watch 250+ vids without issue. I notice that I have better luck personally if no other apps are open when I launch vids, but there's got to be a better device out there, no?!

Comments

• redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    edited January 2019
    I use a 7+, if I completely close the app and start it I generally can watch as many videos as I want, if I go to do something else then come back to the app and it soft restarts, I now know to just close and restart again as I’ll get one video then nothing.  I can’t afford to upgrade my device so I work with what I have and other than this issue (was not a problem to start the season it started back in I wanna say August) the game itself still runs well.
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    After the updates in early December my iPhone 6+ froze all the time, reloaded iOS and the game multiple times still had issues got so bad just switching between tabs would crash it....upgraded to the xr and I have no issues even take phone calls ect without crashing the app...
  • mynolesrockmynolesrock Registered Users, Member 45 Posts
    I've got the 6t and it works 99% of the time without issue.
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    No....every device will have the potential tohang at the worst possible moment.  So said Murphy.

i don’t do offers so resetting the ad identifier in the IOS settings privacy menu then refreshing the app seems to keep things running good.  I do this a few times an hour during WOH and haven’t had any issues except for the time Monday when I did not reset.  I also have a cleaner app I use for the phone caches and frees up space to keep things running well.  Just go to the App Store and choose one;  they have a few and users seem to like all the ones I looked at.  
  • jpuck6190jpuck6190 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
    whammo911 said:
    After the updates in early December my iPhone 6+ froze all the time, reloaded iOS and the game multiple times still had issues got so bad just switching between tabs would crash it....upgraded to the xr and I have no issues even take phone calls ect without crashing the app...
    I just got the xr as well. in walkoff the other day on 5.9 i got a phone call and thought forsure i was doomed.. once the call ended the game picked up right where it left off. I was in shock haha.
  • KKSUPERKKSUPER Registered Users, Member 11 Posts
    Videos are not related to device. It's just matter of saturation .. nowdays it's too difficult to play videos in succession. So better to save video restart or boost in WOH for top level . 
  • thickagethickage Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    During double gold offers, I see guys posting a run of watching 3000+ Gold-worth of videos (hundreds of vids) without fail. I can barely watch 10 in a row at the same time period. I’m confident the device is a factor. 
  • MIKEYMADMANMIKEYMADMAN Registered Users, Member 8 Posts
    I have a iPhone X if I know I need the video I close th app and redstart it, usually will work after that for about an hour. 
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Based on 2years experience, using multiple devices on both android and iPhone, I am confident that most of the problem is device based and partly on market area. The newer the device, the fewer problems you will have both with videos (getting them as well as playing them successfully) and fewer app crashes/freezes in general. Ram requirements are huge now as someone pointed out to me a week or so ago, as well as running the latest operating system software. There will always be problems at one point or another however, so even brand new devices will have issues sometimes with this game and there will sometimes be market saturation issues or vendor relationship problems (as we all experienced back in September I think it was) to prevent access to videos when we want them.
    It's all done with mirrors
  • nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    Samsung Galaxy S8+ has given me no video issues. 
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    nym5fan said: 
    Samsung Galaxy S8+ has given me no video issues. 
    As advertisers put out ads like the immersive, virtual reality (yes, I know those have thankfully disappeared along time ago hopefully never to be seen again) and even those dreaded two and three step ads, advertisers will bring out cutting edge stuff to get our attention that is front end heavy which is extremely hard and taxing on any phone's RAM especially when it's partnered with this game that has an unstable platform and piss poor coding because these same ads I get on other games don't do what they do with this game (crash, freeze, ect, ect) so that's why I am leaning towards it's how this game was developed. Yes, our devices RAM, storage, market location, wifi/data connection matter but again when you're working with a game that has bad coding and an unstable platform you're already dead in the water before anything else matters.