WoH for 1-28-19: Calling Jram....Calling Jram...Maybe?

Comments

• SantashelperSantashelper Registered Users, Member 58 Posts
    Anyone else having issues with the app crashing? It crashed on me mid round on 4.9. I sucked it up, spent some gold and got to 5.9. Hard closed the app before starting to make sure I got a fair shake. Had Abbott at 5-4 with no outs with Holiday Baez. CRASHED AGAIN! WTF is this shit???? And CS won't refund my gold...pathetic.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Fully maxed Holiday Ted with 20/20 skills and 80 gold boost each time is 0 for 3 vs Max. Hopefully it's just bad luck...
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Fully maxed Holiday Ted with 20/20 skills and 80 gold boost each time is 0 for 3 vs Max. Hopefully it's just bad luck...
    It took me 3 tries with 490 Harper capped in diamond and both skills at 16. 
  • newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts
    I’m 0/3 to start on 5.10.  Using bf yelich with 2 skill active and 80 boost. Over 700max
  • Biceson44Biceson44 Registered Users, Member 79 Posts
    0-5 start at 5.10 in plat with a 600 boosted Holiday trout vs. Max at around 360 is madness that I haven’t beat him. 
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    There's no way today that Scherzer's ratings match what he is actually doing.
  • SantashelperSantashelper Registered Users, Member 58 Posts
    There's no way today that Scherzer's ratings match what he is actually doing.
    It's all a game of "chance."

Chance = Algorithm
    Algorithm = Skills and Stats don't matter. In other words, each round we pull from a hat. If the piece of paper says "easy," we get fastballs that are hittable and a round that is winnable. If we get a piece of paper that says "impossible," which most pieces of paper are at 5.10, even fastballs can't be hit.

To sum things up, nothing in this game means ANYTHING. Numbers mean NOTHING, except in the form of the algorithm. Stats mean nothing. Every outcome is predetermined.
  • NAPREDATORS46NAPREDATORS46 Registered Users, Member 68 Posts
    Its absolutely ridiculous how the batter can out number the pitcher by 200 plus but because some nerd in his mother's basement writes a code that predetermined the outcome you dont have a chance. At this point spending any real money on this game is foolish. 
  • stevebalbonistevebalboni Registered Users, Member 108 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    It’s bad luck. I’m 2-2 against Max with Holiday Ted 80 gold boost 15/15. Only 2-2 because I’m slow playing goldy
  • ProbodybuilderProbodybuilder Registered Users 337 Posts
    2-4 against max.  Zobrist and realmuto
  • jclarrick3jclarrick3 Registered Users, Member 35 Posts
    So far cycled twice on two tries on Max. Using Holiday Ted at gold 10, 15/15 skills. Haven’t even made an out on 5-10 yet. However I am kind of struggling on the autoplays in the early parts of level 4 and 5.
    I just ran into the wall today. 2 tries on 5-10, Harper only saw fastballs 2 at bats. 2-8. All sliders. Looks like I’m done for today :(
    Finally beat it. 1-8 now. Pulled JT. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I just ran into the wall today. 2 tries on 5-10, Harper only saw fastballs 2 at bats. 2-8. All sliders. Looks like I’m done for today :(

Every time I think about going diamond, I'm reminded that Bryce would also be my best option vs a righty. :(
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I must be getting lucky my D9 EE is 2-3 vs Scherzer, skills both at 16, wanted Goldy but got the other two (Zobrist and Realmuto) so far.
    Its absolutely ridiculous how the batter can out number the pitcher by 200 plus but because some nerd in his mother's basement writes a code that predetermined the outcome you dont have a chance. At this point spending any real money on this game is foolish. 
    My guy for 5-10 outranks Scherzer by a whopping 300 full points, and neither of his boosts deactivate at any point (late innings). 

I don't expect to have a perfect percentage, but 0 for 10 and haven't come closer than 5-2?  Give me a freaking break.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I'm sure regression is coming, but so far, LL Trout is 1 for 4 with the 40g and 4 for 5 with the 80g.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    edited January 2019
    DFBB said:

Every time I think about going diamond, I'm reminded that Bryce would also be my best option vs a righty. :(
    This was the matchup that went 0-3 and then 2-5 with 2 singles. Since I’m stuck I’m just gonna plow through tournaments and bonus games to try and get more gold before Wednesday. 

• BigHurtBigHurt Registered Users, Member 157 Posts
    2 for 3 so far with Hol. Ted + 80g boost  (skills each @! 15). Pulled JT and Goldy. 

How many more C's and 1B's do we need, really?  
    BigHurt said:
    2 for 3 so far with Hol. Ted + 80g boost  (skills each @! 15). Pulled JT and Goldy. 

How many more C's and 1B's do we need, really?  
    And third basemen 
    edited January 2019
    The bad -- Scherzer destroying me today, which seems odd because I have 300 points on him with EE -- 764 vs. 464.

The good - Just got Goldy from the free box and he's the only guy I wanted.
  • aaronchennaaronchenn Registered Users, Member 455 Posts
    I made the mistake of leveling rizzo from last wednesday, if i pull goldscmidt idk what im going to do.
    havent invested anything in rizzos skills yet though so still open to changing lmao
    just realized zobrist is a 2b fuc yes!
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    havent invested anything in rizzos skills yet though so still open to changing lmao
    I have them at 16/16 in plat.  Was psyched to use him as my 5.5 sim but now of course 4 of the last 5 are righties so he has to be 5.6.  I'd say hes done ok there tho
    I have them at 16/16 in plat.  Was psyched to use him as my 5.5 sim but now of course 4 of the last 5 are righties so he has to be 5.6.  I'd say hes done ok there tho
    probably gonna hold on to both, as they have a similar skill set, and wait for another 1st baseman
    and im also too scared to level Zobrist up in case Baez is in Wednesdays box
    OMG GUYS AN OBSERVATION! FIRST TIME IN MONTHS VERLANDER ISNT ON LEVEL 5!
  • BobbyFlayBobbyFlay Registered Users, Member 53 Posts
    I just pulled Scherzer on my first cycle. I'm shocked lol.
    Gratz, hes the only reason I'm grinding my ass off today.