Evening WOH

SakaV2SakaV2 Registered Users, Member 124 Posts
Anyone just baffled at the degree of difficulty playing in the evening late afternoon is?  I mean all day how far I get decreases.  I can't even get a sniff at scherzer since about 7p eastern time because of the pitch sequences I'm getting.  At event start I got to Max like 10 times straight it seemed.  I just don't get how the guys who were good enough earlier seem to not warrant the "good sequences".  I've never seen any pitcher throw 5 straight curves let alone 9 lol.  Maybe I'm just beat down and frustrated at no cycles today yet last Wednesday I had 4.  I felt like I was making progress but the game has other plans.🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

Comments

• stevebalbonistevebalboni Registered Users, Member 108 Posts
    I’ve noticed this too. Especially in the last hour when you’re trying to get your last cycle in. It’s as if it’s programmed to induce rage spending. 
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Had 2 pretty fast the first 4 hours, 2 the last hour to 90 minutes 2 from 4:00 to 10:30 I think it was more coincidence than anything then again the last one came at 11:58 with just a video boost because I had no gold left.
  • PaxtinPaxtin Registered Users, Member 33 Posts
    The past few weeks I’ve noticed between 4-7 pm MST things get weird, losing autoplays to people I haven’t lost to all day, pitchers throwing constant breaking balls. I call it the “glus gold rush” just seems like they wanna make you spend gold on level 5 during that period. 
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Has been this way for awhile.  First two hours is easier then it is like a d
    Difficulty screw is turned at glu central.  I believe they do crank it up by design.  
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    edited January 2019
    So I can only make it to the last 4 pitchers on level 5 (hitters are not there yet), but I typically beat the first 3 levels within the first hour or so and then put it down until later at night 9-10pm and can get through 4 with some ease. I agree its very tough in the late afternoon/evening
  • K0SM078K0SM078 Registered Users, Member 39 Posts
    I always play the last level in the evening and its so aggravating because the pitches are almost unhittable . Ive never cycled but make it to the last round almost every week. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I know I'm in the minority, but I do believe it's random. I usually find it easier early on and at the end whereas I've seen others say that it's at it's most difficult in the last hour. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • HuskerHusker Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
    We all strive to see patterns, which may or may not exist, and remember things that support our notions while rejecting those that do not as an outlier, or the exception that proves the rule. I was only able to start playing around 5 CST yesterday and didn’t notice anything unusual through the end of the event. Had a couple rounds where I lost a couple autoplays where I usually don’t, hello Tanner Roark and Garret Cole, but pretty consistent as I’ve always found it. But maybe I’m just rejecting a pattern that exists.
    DFBB said:
    I know I'm in the minority, but I do believe it's random. I usually find it easier early on and at the end whereas I've seen others say that it's at it's most difficult in the last hour. 
    First and last hour the game opens its legs .....definitely easier at those times.  
  • SakaV2SakaV2 Registered Users, Member 124 Posts
    Husker said:
    We all strive to see patterns, which may or may not exist, and remember things that support our notions while rejecting those that do not as an outlier, or the exception that proves the rule. I was only able to start playing around 5 CST yesterday and didn’t notice anything unusual through the end of the event. Had a couple rounds where I lost a couple autoplays where I usually don’t, hello Tanner Roark and Garret Cole, but pretty consistent as I’ve always found it. But maybe I’m just rejecting a pattern that exists.
    The only reason I give it any merit really is cause like you've stated certain pitchers in certain rounds seem to have this "you gotta play me forreal" mentality like Cole, roark, cessa, hill, Olsen.  
  • hackdoghackdog Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    Long time cycler and reader of this site but never registered until I read the post above this 👆👆.  Cole can make the laid back type want to throw a phone threw a wall and I can't remember beating Hill via the auto pass so that's where I've started the level 5 play me for real lol.