Event box and achievement rewards for 01/29/2019

HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
I guess even GLU wants a day off. That's the only thing that would explain these boxes and achievement reward.

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

Comments

• SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    @Houmy I’m thinking a msg is being sent and maybe even an attempt at trapping
    It's all done with mirrors
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @Sandpipers maybe it's a social experiment to see just to what degree we've become creatures of habit watching videos for almost non-existent rewards and spending money on items we don't need.

Maybe, just maybe, GLU is not really a gaming company and rather a secret government agency conducting these experiments on an unsuspecting audience. Makes perfect sense too when you consider that "G Men" get bonus points today.

Either I am wrong and there is nothing sinister (other than box odds & inactive-active-skills) going on with GLU or you'll never hear from me again after I post this :hushed: 

• whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Only thing I can think of is the beta went live and they accidentally gave the 2018 version 2019’s event boxes...
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Anyone seen @Houmy???  

Houmy!  Houmy!!!  Where did he go?
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    whynot said:
    Anyone seen @Houmy???  

Houmy!  Houmy!!!  Where did he go?
    @whynot appreciate the concern. Still here but late in responding as it is a pain typing and trying to get away from that dark sedan following me at the same time. What's the quickest way to Canada again?

• MadswagooMadswagoo Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
    Man, they could of made Bryce Harper the bonus. He will announce his Mega Deal with the Fightin Phils today !!!

• thickagethickage Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    Houmy said:
    @Sandpipers maybe it's a social experiment to see just to what degree we've become creatures of habit watching videos for almost non-existent rewards and spending money on items we don't need.

First thing I thought of (social experiment) - this box hasn't stopped the usuals from playing. The addicts. My club, normally in the top 3 around this time, is in 10th. Seems like even more active than normal despite the overwhelming backlash of complaints or unimaginative box. 

I think the graphics guys finally stopped wanting to put words across players' pictures and said, "Ah, how 'bout we bust out these old ratty dudes." Still hoping Boog Powell and one-skill Reggie Legend are in the weekend box since I still have those guys.

Meanwhile, Glu cash is STILL in the store. $240,000 Glu bucks for $49.99. It MUST be selling...
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    Just not worth the time! They even cut the amount of pxp and lxp in these event boxes. I noticed that yesterday. 
  • Babybombers9Babybombers9 Registered Users, Member 212 Posts
    If I ever see someone with Jack Clark I am going to have ALL THE RESPECT for them. 
  • PINKYSTARFISHPINKYSTARFISH Registered Users, Member 99 Posts
    he da man!  LOL
  • thickagethickage Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    he da man!  LOL
    That 292 hit rating for a 266 overall is impressive! 
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    40k in bucks, I accidentally spent it on 1/2 of a catcher upgrade
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• K0SM078K0SM078 Registered Users, Member 39 Posts
    Yeah not very good today. I guess they cant be good all the time.
  • Biceson44Biceson44 Registered Users, Member 79 Posts
    My videos won’t load anyway. Between this and the shitty box, I guess I have a night off!
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Hey I turned that 40k cash into 10 bonus games, but yeah not too good.  Wouldn’t have bought the box anyway if I had gold or not.