TSB18 team/progress porting over to TSB19? GLU has teased us with something

13Next

Comments

• Babybombers9Babybombers9 Registered Users, Member 212 Posts
    edited December 2018
    nym5fan said:

You get take “My Legend” with you. He will have a higher ceiling and the ability to add a second skill boost as you tier up.
    Let’s just be real. If Glu does this after posting that on Twitter it would be the biggest Tap to the nuts. 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    nym5fan said:

You get take “My Legend” with you. He will have a higher ceiling and the ability to add a second skill boost as you tier up.
    Let’s just be real. If Glu does this after posting that on Twitter it would be the biggest Tap to the nuts. 
    I don’t know man, a 330 switch hitting catcher at gold 2 with a RISP skill sounds pretty awesome to me!!!!!!!!!!! (Sarcasm)
  • ThumbstersThumbsters Registered Users, Member 267 Posts
    Did we the majority of us create switch hitting Catchers w/RISP? I know I did.

...and to address a few questions, YES this is just one of my opinions of what carrying on dominance could possibly mean.

• SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    What happened around this time of year in 17? Had things died down? We're signature legends released? Were they pushing offers galore like now? If it's the same kind of thing as now then I don't know what to think about their "carry on" msg. If they've ramped things up a little more from last year, then I would be more inclined to believe that our current rosters/resources would be available through some kind of mechanism/offer. Regardless, they've said so little that I think they're mining our speculations to help them finalize how far they can go with it and at what price.
    It's all done with mirrors
  • nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    What happened around this time of year in 17? Had things died down? We're signature legends released? Were they pushing offers galore like now? If it's the same kind of thing as now then I don't know what to think about their "carry on" msg. If they've ramped things up a little more from last year, then I would be more inclined to believe that our current rosters/resources would be available through some kind of mechanism/offer. Regardless, they've said so little that I think they're mining our speculations to help them finalize how far they can go with it and at what price.
    I think it is a ploy to keep you spending thinking you will get to keep your "investment" only to pull the rug out from under your feet when the new app launches. 
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    And that would suck no end @nym5fan
    It's all done with mirrors
    And that would suck no end @nym5fan
    It would suck, but its something I think Glu gets great amounts of Joy out of... 
  • bravesman72bravesman72 Registered Users, Member 19 Posts
    There should b no v.i.p carry over.. I've spent more than others and have better team. Play more and put in more time and effort than others with the status.. maybe they should have a carryover event once a week. All in all as bad as I hate to admit everyone needs fresh start. Square one..  
  • bravesman72bravesman72 Registered Users, Member 19 Posts
    Price should b more reasonable and leveling shouldn't b soooo incredibly expensive 
  • MIKEYMADMANMIKEYMADMAN Registered Users, Member 8 Posts
    I figure I would pay a bit to bring players over just because it will save me from future money and frustration. 
  • thickagethickage Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    For those veterans, did things like cash, evo, XP, PXP, LXP transfer from '17 to '18?
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @thickage nothing other than VIP status ever carried over before so GLU hinting at something is brand new.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

So it's been almost a month in a half since we were told details were "coming soon". When can we officially say "soon" is over?
    Houmy said:
    @thickage nothing other than VIP status ever carried over before so GLU hinting at something is brand new.
    Thanks. Trying to hoard resources as I "think" I might want to go platinum. Gold has been sweet and suits me most days but my club is active in the events and a platinum club has higher event bonuses and, more importantly, better bonus game matchups. I'm at the point in Gold where I'm getting beat during bonus games, even with lower rated clubs. 
    @thickage my pleasure. Just remember that WOH will be harder in Platinum if you don't have enough resources to max your top 4 or 5 batters. I am "hoarding" resources myself and have close to 1mil PXP and about 500K LXP as I have no new players to spend them on hoping that we may get to take some of it to 19. Highly unlikely but GLU has made it a guessing game for us now.

Houmy said:
    @thickage my pleasure. Just remember that WOH will be harder in Platinum if you don't have enough resources to max your top 4 or 5 batters. I am "hoarding" resources myself and have close to 1mil PXP and about 500K LXP as I have no new players to spend them on hoping that we may get to take some of it to 19. Highly unlikely but GLU has made it a guessing game for us now.
    I'm in the same boat. My roster is fairly well stacked - except for pitching, but who cares about pitching? LOL. I'm actually cringing at the thought of leveling some of the relief staff that I have. I've got my current hitters leveled up in skills also so I can really start stashing the LXP. 

I'll likely just wait to see what ports to TSP '19, if anything, before taking on the massive platinum upgrade project. Seems silly to drop 15,000 in gold, 2,500 or so in evo, etc. this late in the game "hoping" that my team will stay intact. 

Houmy said:
    I made the jump to Platinum on the hopes it benefits me somehow going into 19. I made the jump on a Wednesday and through the rest of the week I leveled up in Platinum tiers gaining gold from the tier rewards to upgrade players with. I was able to upgrade 9 of my hitters and 2 pitchers to cap. By Monday I was cycling still. It is a ton of bonus games to play to get through the levels but I was able to manage 1 or 2 tiers a day while still playing the events. 

My resources are very low now but I am on the final Platinum tier as of this morning. I plan to stay platinum until the end of 2018 version and then go Diamond right at the end. I won't have the resources to level any players at the diamond level so going up to early will just make the final days of 2018 miserable. 

It took a considerable amount of PXP, Blue XP, LXP, GOLD, CASH, and EVO to level these players in Platinum. So I really hope it was worth the effort. 
    @nym5fan I would be right there with you only if I had the EVO. Got more BXP, PXP & LXP than I need but no EVO having wasted most of it on those RANDOM SKILLS :angry: 

Hopefully we'll get more information about this tomorrow. What if they released "Port-Over" boxes in the store that had the normal odds of getting XP/Cash but the players in the boxes were from your roster and if you pulled them then they would port over?

Houmy said:
    Hopefully we'll get more information about this tomorrow. What if they released "Port-Over" boxes in the store that had the normal odds of getting XP/Cash but the players in the boxes were from your roster and if you pulled them then they would port over?
    Well, they’ve been telling us to “keep making our team as good as possible,” (it was something like that). So I’d be a frustrated if none of my current players are candidates.
  • cmorelancmorelan Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
    I think we may be jumping the gun a bit.  There is a lot of room for interpretation and disappointment here until we get more details.  A free, full import of your 2018 team into 2019 TSB would shock me.
    Completely agree. If given an option between a pleasant surprise vs a disappointing surprise, GLU will almost choose the latter. Except monthly VIP bonuses. Those are great.