New CvC schedule: Some is good, more is better!

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
I'm loving the CVC schedule today! I really hope it's here to stay. Love the fast pace and of course, more chances at rewards! #thumbsup
If you're not having fun, you're losing.

Comments

• thickagethickage Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    I like the 30 minute rounds! It's not like people are playing the entire round anyway. Keep 'em short and sweet and give us a ton of them!!!
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    edited January 2019
    I only ever really played the first few and last 5 minutes anyways. However I don’t like that I couldn’t manually play if I decided too. I like the mix of both today 
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    Guess I’m the only one that absolutely hates this format. You have either 30 minutes or 1 hour to claim your reward before next matchup or else you lose everything. If you have nothing else to do but have your ummm....device in your hand all day, great. But for those of us that have other things to do during the course of the day, not a good format. I lost out on everything after 1st matchup because there was no way to log back in 30 minutes later. No rewards, no ranking. I never played another round. Hate it!
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • BigHurtBigHurt Registered Users, Member 157 Posts
    edited February 2019
    Some may call it "strategy" or such, but i'm absolutely sick of guys sandbagging until about the last 35-40 seconds of a round and then throwing up millions upon millions of points and taking the round by a landslide. 

To be clear, I'm not saying I have a problem with one club demolishing another. Also,  I'm absolutely fine with someone outright winning the match.  But why be so freaking disingenuous about it???  If you have the team/players, you have 'em and that's that, just play it like respectfully to the other 39 people who are playing.

Please explain to me why it is necessary to demoralize everyone in the last 20 seconds, or are some players just that degree of megalomaniac?   It does a real disservice to anyone who is playing these matches up front.  On the flip side of the coin, maybe everyone should just wait until the last 40 seconds of each match to play all of their entries, because, idk, at least then it might have some degree of surprise, lol.  
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @BigHurt You're not a fan of the art of sniping, eh? I've been on both sides of it and I kind of like it. It adds a layer of strategy not found in any other event because it keeps you on your toes until the clock strikes zero. 

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    edited February 2019
    DFBB said:
    @BigHurt You're not a fan of the art of sniping, eh? I've been on both sides of it and I kind of like it. It adds a layer of strategy not found in any other event because it keeps you on your toes until the clock strikes zero. 

@DFBB, i'm certainly open to other's view points on it so thanks for your input. 

I guess it does; what bothers me is that typically the, for a lack of a better term, perpetrator (player who delivers a knock out punch) is a drifter, so you see the guy leave the club (whatever club we happened to be playing at that time), change their name, etc. Maybe while the club "won", it wasn't really a club event, it was one guy going in for the resource grab it seems.  

While it may keep us on our toes, there isn't really anything we could do about it regardless.  I don't feel like my club is executing bad strategy, it just seems to be completely antithetical to the spirit of a "team" event.  I guess others will feel differently, obviously, but I happen to be on a great club and we all communicate well together. 
    Perhaps it is just  bad luck when we face a club that is open to the public and allows free-roamers with ridiculously stacked teams to come in and out as they please.  I also understand this isn't always the case, but seems to happen with regularity. 
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    You need a stronger club....we communicate and strategize in our club for snipe defense....one or two goes thru the profiles of the other team to figure out the dangerman or we go back to our notes from previous match ups then keep an eye on him and hold some rounds back ready to lock horns in the last minute.  Nothing disingenuous about sniping.....it’s a technique that was born on eBay!
    edited February 2019
    @bigvivec
    before the "buy it now" option, right ;-) I never was any good at winning any of the auctions on eBay, lol.  I guess our club needs to figure out how to combat the snipes!  
  • BlisoxzBlisoxz Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    Yeah I loved the new cvc format!  More chances is better and 30 min per event is perfect. Hopefully here to stay!
  • BlisoxzBlisoxz Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    As for sniping goes...it frustrates me too but is part of the game. I always look at the other teams ranking. If they’re ranked higher (lower number) than us and not putting up any points then I know the ambush is coming at the last minute. If they’re a lot better than us there isn’t much we can do about it anyway!
  • HuskerHusker Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
    I play one entry early so I can use videos twice if need be, but only play as much as I need to in order to win the round. I don’t want to put up 10 million and get a tougher draw the next round if I can win with 2 million (I’m a guppy in the CVC tank but I still like to win). If I do draw a tough matchup I just wait for somebody to play and put up a decent number, then I’ll message them to let them know I’m sitting it out so they can strategize to either pick who they want to get MVP or just save resources. I’m usually going against clubs in the 101 - 500 range so they’re usually not worried about overall finishes. The last round of the event, and play all my entries to see how big a score I can put up.
  • DROPPINBOMBS10DROPPINBOMBS10 Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    I love it, hopefully it's here to stay.
  • newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts
    BigHurt said:
    @bigvivec
    before the "buy it now" option, right ;-) I never was any good at winning any of the auctions on eBay, lol.  I guess our club needs to figure out how to combat the snipes!  
    Just a little tip our club does is crap out your first match, that will better the chance of avoiding those clubs.   That is if you don’t got the fire power as a club to fight back!!    
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Our club went 7 for 7 on the new format and I got mvp and high round in all 7. So I’m loving it. Cvc is the only event where strategy comes in to play and that’s what makes it exciting. Limiting your rounds in order to get a more favorable matchup each time and also stealing a victory in the final seconds are called strategies. I’ve been the victim of both and I’ve been the benefactor so I’ve seen both sides. Cvc and walk off are the most engaging events in this game. 
    edited February 2019
    Totally revamped my CVC lineup, leveled up like 5 guys yesterday. Seeing a difference, maybe not as huge as I'd like, but I think it is real. 
     Also, looking out for those snipes.... saving more entries for the last 2 minutes. 
    2003cobra said:
    Our club went 7 for 7 on the new format and I got mvp and high round in all 7. So I’m loving it.
    Sounds like a teammate not worth having......I’m sorry for your club mates .
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    That to me seems like an unfair designation to make. I’ve been in two clubs this season myself, one where if I didn’t put up as much as possible we wouldn’t win so I did have a lot of MVP and high round numbers and my club mates by and large were just happy to win and get the exp for their teams. My current club is a bit more balanced having multiple WoH cyclers and folks capable of winning matches so we coordinate much more often on ticket amounts and who will win prizes.  If someone puts up great numbers out of the blue and isn’t one of those 3 or 4 regular winners we are more than happy to let them have the prizes.  There are clubs that have a free for all mentality encouraging competition as to who will win too.  It’s all about what clubs value, making value judgment about people because they won all the prizes without knowing how they operate is a bit harsh.  We lost to his team in the first match he actually didn’t win that round for his club by all that much (they destroyed us we’re a 250-400 type club with occasional highs or lows depending on who has bonus players).
  • ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
    I like the club that I am in, mostly because it is relaxed and they don't use the chat alot (I don't have to look at foul language).  Most of them do not play the CVC.  I can't explain the math or reasoning behind it, but my club does really well in cvc.  I can normally get our team around 300 but the end of the event.  I encourage them to play at least one entry so they get the rewards.  If I see a bunch of people put in an entry, I am not afraid to spend gold to win close matchups, because i know it helps all of them with the 5k pxp.   So when we win, I usually get high round and MVP.  I don't look at it as selfish, because they just don't have the interest or the team builds for cvc, but I really like cvc and am willing to spend time and resources for it.  
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Redlegs im with you.  My team is set up really well and more often than not we win because of my scores. There are plenty of times that I don’t even play the allotted 8 rounds. Also if my teammates have a multiplier batter and they put up a nice score then I’ve not played all the rounds so that they get the rewards. It seems like they are happy to be carried during and cvc and get plenty of prime xp
  • NAPREDATORS46NAPREDATORS46 Registered Users, Member 68 Posts
    Am I the only one disappointed with the XP boxes? I really got motivated when the high round prize was a potential player box.
    Am I the only one disappointed with the XP boxes? I really got motivated when the high round prize was a potential player box.
    It changes from event to event, but a potential player box IS a xp box 99.998% of the time anyway. 
    Am I the only one disappointed with the XP boxes? I really got motivated when the high round prize was a potential player box. A 
    IPlay this game a little longer and you’ll get over being broken hearted about going 0 fer with boxes.  Went 0-31 on a weekend not too long ago.....sucks but not an uncommon story.