Glu is out of ideas for NEW VERSION of players!!!

newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts

I seen comeback boxes are in for the weekend.   GREAT, I got 1 or 2 on the bench!!    Oh wait no I don’t.  I got COMEBACK venters 370 max.   Today is COMEBACK venters 375 max.     
   I guess they just didn’t know what else to call it anymore after the 15-20 versions they made of these players

Comments

• slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    newfy said:

I seen comeback boxes are in for the weekend.   GREAT, I got 1 or 2 on the bench!!    Oh wait no I don’t.  I got COMEBACK venters 370 max.   Today is COMEBACK venters 375 max.     
       I guess they just didn’t know what else to call it anymore after the 15-20 versions they made of these players
    Maaaaaaaaaan I have that Venters too and go so damn excited to only find out its a new version ugh lol.
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    I guess if they were going to bring any one version back as a second version of a box,  its appropriate for it to be the "comeback" box.
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Yeah the 1st time I saw them do that on this version was for Kimbrel with a 5 max difference but have never seen the same theme name player with different numbers. 
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• MadswagooMadswagoo Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
    Especially because they gave almost everyone that 370 Max Johnny Venters. The game seems very stale right now. 
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    How about fan rewards Baylor with CVC skill matched with late innings skill....will never stack.
    It's all done with mirrors
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    Ive had Kimbrel 4 different times this season, all different 2 of them were non skill primes just different by their max..and not to mention the 14 Different Harper's, 1 skill, 2 skill, Walk Off Harper, Bam Bam, Stars and Stripes, Cool Hair, Prime, Prime with a Skill, Red White and Blue, Goliath, Prime with 2 Skills, Which way did he go?, Cool Shades Harper, Great beard gold cleats snot rocket shooting harper, (made that one up), Harper basic, Kung Fu grip harper....CMON.

Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    I have two Kimbrel's right now actually. They're both primes except they have different beards.
  • BigHurtBigHurt Registered Users, Member 157 Posts
    Ive had Kimbrel 4 different times this season, all different 2 of them were non skill primes just different by their max..and not to mention the 14 Different Harper's, 1 skill, 2 skill, Walk Off Harper, Bam Bam, Stars and Stripes, Cool Hair, Prime, Prime with a Skill, Red White and Blue, Goliath, Prime with 2 Skills, Which way did he go?, Cool Shades Harper, Great beard gold cleats snot rocket shooting harper, (made that one up), Harper basic, Kung Fu grip harper....CMON.

Hahaha. Don't forget "Prime Prime" and "In it for the Money"
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts

Just as bad as collecting baseball cards getting 200 different short print versions of the same player from the same set. It waters down the values of the cards just as the multiple versions of the same player waters down the game. It doesn't make it so exciting when you get that top player from a mystery box to find that there is another version that is better a week or so down the line.
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    I get the different versions of the same players.....sloppy and lazy to name two editions by the same name.  
    edited February 2019
    Coulda went with “deja vu” as the edition name............Hey someone get me a job over there!
    Part of the issue is that many of us are on more hours per week than they work per week over there.....maybe they forgot or need to pay as much attention as we do.  
  • newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts
    bigvivec said:
    Coulda went with “deja vu” as the edition name............Hey someone get me a job over there!
    I love it!!   Good name!!