Looking for a Club

HuskerHusker Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
edited February 2019 in General TSB Discussion
I apologize in advance for posting this here rather than in Play Ball, which I believe is the appropriate place. I also apologize for the lengthand the “whinyness” (not a real word but you guys know what I mean). However, I’ve had a completely crap weekend, 0 for 54 on boxes for any 445 or above. Worst run of the year although I did have an 0 for 50 months ago so been there and I know that happens. I’m absolutely sick about it but the fault is all mine. I’ve been running solo since September with pretty great results. I’ve been outside of top 10 exactly twice in that time. But it’s been exhausting. I play seven different teams and it’s not uncommon for me to be sitting with three phones and two tablets and playing all of them on prime or bonus days. I need to change. I’m not quitting - I just need to step back from the madness. I play every event absolutely as hard as I can and plan to continue to do so. But I want to cut back and just play my main team.  That means I could use a club. Was in a good one with good guys and miss the camaraderie. I honestly moved on because I got frustrated because everyone else didn’t go as hard as they could. So, I’d like a top club where everyone does that. I’ve never sniffed the top 30 in the VIP events - I don’t have the resources that takes and want to be completely transparent. I’m not sure I’m good enough for the type of club I’m looking for, and I’m sure openings in them are few and far between, but I’d like to check. What I’m looking for is a club that NEVER misses the top tier - I get there a decent percentage of the time myself and have missed the next to top tier exactly once. I don’t want a club that goes hard Monday and Wednesday, but only CVC other days. I am okay if the club strategy is to run two clubs, depending on event. An club evo plan is a plus as well, but I’ll buy it if I have to. I can’t be in a club that cheats - I’ve spent thousands of dollars on this game and I can’t lose my team. If anyone has made it this far and wants to have additional conversation in that regard, please let me know. If you guys/gals want me to delete my pity party post let me know and I’ll do that. 

Comments

• JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    I didn’t see this as a pity party type of post at all. I’ve seen people post club wanted/players wanted here often. In fact, this forum is how I found my current club and I know we’ve picked up others here. Have to say, seems like the guys we’ve gotten from this forum have worked out a lot better than other places guys have came from. 

We’re not a tippy top club like you’re looking for. We get top 10 often but can’t compete with the clubs that are full of teams that just run out to the store and buy 100 boxes as soon as the horn sounds for event start and have a billion points by 11:15 haha.
  • HuskerHusker Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    I didn’t see this as a pity party type of post at all. I’ve seen people post club wanted/players wanted here often. In fact, this forum is how I found my current club and I know we’ve picked up others here. Have to say, seems like the guys we’ve gotten from this forum have worked out a lot better than other places guys have came from. 

We’re not a tippy top club like you’re looking for. We get top 10 often but can’t compete with the clubs that are full of teams that just run out to the store and buy 100 boxes as soon as the horn sounds for event start and have a billion points by 11:15 haha.
    Thanks for this comment - much appreciated.

Some recent weeks - bottom one is current. Like I said, honestly not sure if I’m aiming too high.
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    May I suggest you join Tap Anon, we’ll keep the light on for you!

If you ever want to take another step back, HMU.  We are a reset club that finishes in top 2, 90% of the time.  Our focus is to go at our own speed and not pressure guys to play or spend, somehow it works for us.  Most of our members came to us because they were frustrated with working hard, and having slackers in their club collecting.  We also enjoy the camaraderie and use line chat.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard