Weekend boxes are drool worthy!

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
That Gagne is fiyah! And the Scioscia is ridiculously good! Gimme!!  

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
Prev1

Comments

• JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    I'm looking at running to Diamond here in a couple of weeks (just need another 300k-400k LXP for Holiday Ted before I do it, and to save up some more Evo). 

Mantle and Mays will be dropped and Comeback Kemp looks like a fine replacement as he is blue XP and has good skills for WOH. Hope I get him.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @JEDDDOGGY GL on the jump buddy! Despite heavy peer pressure, I decided to stay in plat to end the year. I just really, really enjoy CvC and I love getting and capping new players. This, of course, would change if we get carry-over news that benefits diamond players. Anyways, when you make the move, be sure to let us know how it goes!
  • ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
    How much evo does it take to go from Gold to Plat for BXP and XLP/PXP players?
    bxp=50; lxp/pxp=150 each from gold to plat.
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    On my 20th box!

Was almost at my limit on box purchases and got this:

• ReclinerRecliner Registered Users, Member 114 Posts
    edited February 2019
    I’m still failing to see the relevance in the blowout skill. Perhaps you can enlighten me DFBB? Unless someone proves that skills at the start of WoH are active all the way through, what’s the point in spending resources on the blowout skill?
  • ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
    It's great for CVC,  It does not take long to get enough runs to trigger and would be active through the rest of the inning.  Whether or not they are active, or randomly active is another story.
    If you don't factor in WoH, Blowouts is far and away the best skill in the game. WoH has become fairly routine while CvC is really, really fun. Blowouts activates in CvC after four runs have crossed the plate and of course, you'll put up monster numbers in other modes as well. 
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Was almost at my limit on box purchases and got this:

That's how i was with getting Brantley lol, but i'm jealous of Kemp I wanted him so bad.

Wanted to know, what is that second skill Kemp has?
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Lots of guys I wouldnt mind.  Odor and Brantley from the Comeback box and then Hill, Turner, Gagne and Scioscia from the Dodgers box.
    @slafrance2 That LL Brantley is pretty sweet. I was going to buy 20 boxes - enough to get Anibal Sanchez from fan rewards. I had bought 18 boxes and pulled only Venters......... 3 times.......

Needless to say I was getting pretty angry but pulled Kemp on the 19th one I opened.

PS- he has vsL skill and the other one is the WOH skill (always active... we hope anyway lol).
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Got my lefty 2nd baseman and my rotation is now complete...odor should be a monster once fully leveled 
  • LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    Got this from the achievements tab/freebie box.

• whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    That’s how I got hill, first time a pulled from video achievements 
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    edited February 2019
    Note to self: Never, ever, go on a spending spree after having knocked back a few brewskies on a Friday afternoon. Got me again GLU (you bastards) but at least my lowest starter is now a 510. Got 3x375 scrubs from the Dodger box as well which I won't waste the EVO on as well as 2xMikolas which won't be leveled either.

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• ProbodybuilderProbodybuilder Registered Users 337 Posts
    From the free gift.  Bought Bought zero boxes
    And now with Today's pull I'm just gonna sport this Featured section for a while. No reason the batters should have all the glory all of the time.

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    @houmy how many pulls dude?
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    @dkarski87 enough pulls for my financial advisor to call me from jail telling me to stop. 

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    cant be as bad me my friend....;(
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    Dangggg! So jealous of you guys. In particular, @LudwigMonster, damnit. I want that Gagne bad! Congrats dude!!!
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Gagne is the only one I’m interested in. It’s pretty difficult to be interested let alone excited about any of the boxes these days. Lots of high max guys but mostly with cvc skills or worse prime event skills and mostly close copies of other players already released with similar or the same numbers. The lack of info about tsb19 is making me more disinterested other than to help with club points.
    It's all done with mirrors
  • HuskerHusker Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
    I wanted Brantley and Gagne. 34 boxes in and only 375 players so far. Will spend to get Sanchez so I'll have a decent bonus guy for the weekend, but this is two weekends in a row I've just gotten killed (or more accurately, not got lucky, because we know the odds) on the boxes. Not that everyone else hasn't been there...
  • getthesehands108getthesehands108 Registered Users, Member 33 Posts
    2 for 2 on free boxes. Gagne and monogan or whoever, I want kemp or brantley damnit
  • ROCKIESFAN303ROCKIESFAN303 Registered Users, Member 8 Posts
    I went 1-10 on the Dodgers boxes only getting seager! Not sure how many more I'm going to buy lol
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    edited February 2019
    Was able to nab this guy from the late night cvc round yesterday.  Rotation finally has all 2 skill pitchers now.

However unfortunately its finally time to say good bye to signature Kershaw.   He's had a great run as I've had him since I was in silver.

• BlueOx8BlueOx8 Registered Users, Member 33 Posts
    Would love Scoscia or Odor.  Would really like to upgrade my RHP matchup for 5.10.
  • JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    Houmy said:
    @dkarski87 enough pulls for my financial advisor to call me from jail telling me to stop. 
    50?  Over under?  Wink once for over lol.