The official JeddDoggy run to Diamond thread

JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
edited February 2019 in General TSB Discussion
That said, maybe I'll chicken out and not do it. But this thread also exists so that you guys can double dog dare me and stuff like that because I might need a little heave-ho to make the jump.

Anyway, here's my current roster and who I plan to keep and who I plan to substitute

C - Wilson Ramos 495 - he is blue xp and has decent skills, so he's perfect here
1B - Holiday McGriff 510 - I have blue xp 500 max Goldschmidt with WOH, RISP skills and happens to also play for STL so McGriff is gone.
2B - Holiday Baez 510 - He is prime XP and I do have the 520 blue XP Baez but he has worse skills so I'll probably try to keep Holiday Baez.
3B - LL Arenado 525 - Will likely have to put 480 blue XP GG Arenado back in at this spot.
SS - Unstoppable Rizzuto 525 - I have the 470 blue XP Freddy Galvis so I'll have to consider him here. Galvis is still bronze 1 so that's an issue.
OF - ATG Mays 530 - Will have to move 500 blue XP BF Yelich up from DH here as I will bench Mays
OF - ATG Mantle 530 - Will replace with 515 blue XP Comeback Kemp as I will bench Mantle
OF - Holiday Ted 525 - Will level him
DH - BF Yelich 500 - Moving him to replace Mays so I'll stick 490 blue XP Encarnacion (double Late Innings skill) here

SP - 520 blue XP Verlander
SP - 515 blue XP Kershaw
SP - 515 blue XP Sanchez
SP - 515 legend Nolan Ryan
SP - Will have to choose between 500 LL Kluber and 495 Prime Holiday deGrom
RP - who cares?

I was going to wait until next weekend when I have more Evo (currently only 115) and Legend XP (currently 760k), but I have enough Legend XP to get Holiday Ted to Diamond 7 so I'm not sure if that's good enough for WOH or not, but I am considering doing this anyway.

Any insight here?
Prev13456

Comments

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @rmouse511 should be able to give your his insight. He's successfully made the transition and cycles WoH at will. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Nice. I’ll have to hit him up for some advice.

I have Holiday Teds skills at 20/20 so I’m hoping only getting him to diamond 7 for now will be enough. 

• rmouse511rmouse511 Registered Users, Member 185 Posts
    WOH skills were the most important factor for me when I moved to diamond because I think it is the best way to get resources and players.

If your pitchers are platinum 10, then you don’t really need to wast many resources on leveling them up to win bonus games at diamond. Take the blue XP starters to diamond 1 and then leave your pitchers alone and focus on the hitters.

You will need 4 batters at diamond 7+ and 2 batters at diamond 4-6 to have the best chance to cycle WOH without spending gold to reuse players. Diamond 8 is the best stopping spot because the last 2 levels cost just as much gold as the first 8 combined.

blue XP- 8k for levels 1-8 and 8k for levels 9 and 10.

Legend/Prime- 24k for levels 1-8 and 24k for levels 9 and 10.

Need to use your gold wisely at the start. Since blue XP players cost 1/3 the gold of primes and legends, I suggest only bringing one legend and one prime to start. This is who I would bring up first. That way you can also focus all your prime/legend XP on one player.

Holiday Ted
    Prime Baez
    BF Yelich
    EE
    Goldy
    GG Arenado

if you don’t have enough blue XP to level up 4 players. Get 2 of them as high as you can and use gold to reuse players for the last 4 levels of WOH.

I got most of my advice from BigPred when I moved to diamond.
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    You are set.  You are loaded with high end Blue XP guys.  My 5-10 guy is Edwin E, cycled 4 times in about 8 tries against TJ at Diamond 10 with skills at 15/20, which I now have at 20/20.  I have 490 Machado and Galvis at Diamond 7(16/20).  Still working on Mauer and Goldschmidt.  

Really Diamond is not that hard.  The hardest part of it is having the patience to crank out 500+ bonus games/tourney games on a daily basis.  If you can do that, you'll be rolling in Gold and EVO in no time, getting Fan Rewards every weekend, and throwing around gold for boosts/etc. like it's nothing.
    Oh man I forgot... I also have that 490 max blue XP Machado. I could use him instead of 480 max GG Arenado. That Arenado actually has the WOH skill though so that might be a tough choice between those two.

Anyway, thanks for the help and insight you guys! I might wait until Thursday to get started at this point. Will give me two more WOH events to stock resources.
    edited February 2019
    Question: 

Ive heard about people being jailed for simply having too much gold, spending too much gold at once, etc. even if they are legit. Now, I know this could be nonsense but the thought of it scares me with how much time I’ve spent on this team.

So my question is- how much gold do you guys keep on your accounts at any one time? And how much gold are you spending per day/week?

Maybe I am crazy to even be worried about this, but again it’s just from stuff I have read. If I’m going to have all this gold it worries me after reading that stuff.
  • HuskerHusker Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
    Not a response to your question immediately above - I never have THAT much gold - but I think this thread is awesome and appreciate your creating and sharing this. I'm way to event-centric to move past gold now, but my plan is, depending on what 19 ends up looking like, is to start hustling to Diamond once event bonus players are done in 18. I'll then enjoy playing and leveling up my team and slow play 19, if I play at all, until we're much farther into the year. I'm looking forward to you documenting your progress.
    I try to have around 20k to spend each weekend. This allows me to get the bonus player to help my club in the weekend. I spent about 70k at once when I cleared all the levels of Diamond and moved my first players to diamond. 
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    edited February 2019
    One thing I'd like to add -- a huge key to Diamond is being able to sustain enough resources to continuously cycle the playoffs without ever running out of resources.  To that end, you need to be efficient with your resources.  

With that in mind, tournaments are much more efficient than bonus games if you ever run out of bonus games.  A tourney at Diamond is 30K.  I typically win about 90% of my tourneys, so we'll factor the 10% losses in and call the price 33K, but average cash rewards for round wins knock that back down to 30K.  

Four games costs 20K if you're buying bonus games, but I typically draw the 10 bonus game prize, worth 50K in cash+ my 4 games worth 20K that I've already played.  Much more bang for your buck.  And you also get 235 gloves at Diamond for a tourney versus 160 for 4 bonus games.  Those add up at Diamond, big time.
    edited February 2019
    @Husker yeah, I was actually going to do the same. But the game is getting so stale and boring I want to just do this now. I’d probably be smart to wait until bonus guys are done being released because we will probably see some increasingly better blue XP guys in the coming weeks. But oh well, if I get a guy I just gotta have, I’ll deal with that later.

@rmouse511 thanks, sounds like if you went through 70k at once I probably have nothing to worry about.

I am really really fighting the urge to just go right now, but I could use another week to gather resources. Right now I only have 633k Blue XP but I have 1.8 million PXP and 760 LXP. My biggest shortage is evo as I only have 120. I understand I’ll be picking some up along the way and can go hunt for it too so that is probably not as big of a concern as I’d originally thought. I have 1,500 bonus games.
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Question: 

Ive heard about people being jailed for simply having too much gold, spending too much gold at once, etc. even if they are legit. Now, I know this could be nonsense but the thought of it scares me with how much time I’ve spent on this team.

So my question is- how much gold do you guys keep on your accounts at any one time? And how much gold are you spending per day/week?

Maybe I am crazy to even be worried about this, but again it’s just from stuff I have read. If I’m going to have all this gold it worries me after reading that stuff.
    Ok, so two things. I went diamond not long ago (not too worried about WOH cycle), and I’ve managed fine with my 114k team. Now, With that said I watch videos while at work (about 2k ish day), and it’s enough to spend about 7-10k for weekend players or XP or EVO to level up players. I have never been jailed or in trouble for watching videos for massive amounts of gold this is only me, but I wanted to share my story. 

I keep 4k at any given time, and by Friday I want between 8-10k to buy fun boxes. Today after buying 20 boxes I got Brantley.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Question: 

I wouldn’t exceed 100K in gold at one time. Just my suggestion. I’ve heard of someone who cracked that mark and Glu used their instajail pot and that person was jailed rather quickly. 
    edited February 2019
    @Bigpredfan thanks! I like spending gold way too much to ever have that amount, but I’ll steer clear of that number haha.

After reviewing leveling costs for the umpteenth time, I may be way short on blue xp as I only have 633k. Will have to figure out a way to quickly get about double that haha.
  • PINKYSTARFISHPINKYSTARFISH Registered Users, Member 99 Posts
    I have maintained well over 100k gold since September with no issue. I'm sure they can propperly track purchased or video accumulated gold from magically appearing loaded gold. 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I wish you luck dude.  As much as I would like to give it a shot, I'm just not sure I can make it work given my weekly schedule.  I know bonus games are a huge part of it.   Seeing how much work it was land first in a club on the other day, im not sure im cut out for that lifestyle.  But Im rooting for ya 
  • chainblueltngchainblueltng Registered Users, Member 188 Posts
    i started cycling last week with just baez at diamond 5 and teddy at diamond 1 so it can be done. i thought the bonus games were gonna be an issue since you need a ton to level up but they add up quick enough. not as difficult as everyone thinks to be diamond and the rewardz are nice. 
    So it seems like when I spend gold leveling players that it doesn’t count toward fan rewards. So am I seriously going to spend 50,000 gold leveling Holiday Ted and have NONE of it count toward fan rewards?
    Leveling players does count towards fan rewards. 
    it definitely should. i leveled teddy up today and it counted 
    Really? Weird... I am still at 20,000 flat this weekend from boxes and have spent 200 or so leveling bonus players, but that amount  doesn’t show on my fan rewards. 
    its supposed to be for any gold purchase i thought 
    It was my understanding that there were some things that don’t count? And I thought leveling players was one of them. Maybe boosts being another? Anyway it doesn’t appear I’m getting credit for the gold spent leveling Kemp and Sanchez. Guess I should ask CS for clarification.
    yeah because i just leveled holiday betts and it added to the total
    Leveling players adds when you do it, but then disappears. You have to contact customer care and let them know. They’ll track it and add it AFTER fan rewards expire. Last 2 weekends I’ve had to have them do it because I was over next tier - they did it both times. 
  • PINKYSTARFISHPINKYSTARFISH Registered Users, Member 99 Posts
    My app crashes with almost every tier I level on every player since July .  Gold spent always disappears from fan rewards after restart, unless I crossed a reward tier and was able to collect it before I crashed .

LOL

So it counts and then goes away? Awesome. I’ll have to make sure and keep track of it then.
    Exactly what @PINKYSTARFISH said - app crashes a large percentage of the time and you lose it. But customer care can track it - I think they actually gave me extra credit last weekend.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Husker said:
    Leveling players adds when you do it, but then disappears. You have to contact customer care and let them know. They’ll track it and add it AFTER fan rewards expire. Last 2 weekends I’ve had to have them do it because I was over next tier - they did it both times. 
    It adds in temporarily, but disappears. I’ve noticed that if you collect a reward shortly after using gold to upgrade a player it sticks around. 
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I was apprehensive about Diamond at first but once I got in there and started blasting through D6 and repeating it 2-4x a week depending on resources, and still able to cycle as much as I did in gold and plat I’m glad I made the move.  When I got there and got my hands on the 650 evo for my first trip through D6 I immediately was able to push EE to D8 and Holiday Trout to D7.  After only one cycle my first week I’ve averaged 5-6 an event since.  I took advantage of Mauer being a bonus draw and pushed him to D8 as well this past week and Goliath Bryant is D7 and rising.  I’m missing that elite left handed bat but EE and Holiday Trout have helped a lot even still.
    edited February 2019
    It seems like Thursday will be a good day to get started. Get two more WOH in the books to build more resources. 

Should I try to just jet all the way through Platinum straight to Diamond and all of the way to D6? Or would you guys try to stay Platinum for a while and build more resources and level more guys there before moving on to Diamond?

Im just wondering because I see that 650 evo all the way at D6 and if I could just get there I’d be good to go.