Is leaving your team capped fun?

80d80d Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
edited February 2019 in General TSB Discussion
I personally think it's stupid and gives you no challenge at all. I see people post these huge numbers and than I see they are silver or gold level. Honestly, it annoys me because that isn't something to be proud of. It's like bragging about correctly answering the trivia on the back of a cereal box. Where's the fun? The challenge? The enjoyment of ACTUALLY accomplishing something?

And yes, I am leveled at diamond hall of fame, if you wanted to know. Better pay outs in events; currently get x2 of points. Unlocks your players full potential. Not to mention the gold that comes with leveling...

Is leaving your team capped fun? 23 votes

Yea
26%
MattattackmynolesrockDPKSLonzoBallingetthesehands108BlueOx8 6 votes
No
47%
dabartlenym5fanmatt_sackettslafrance2MulderkenMadswagooMws_5767TRABUKOCEOPADRESSUCK61980d 11 votes
It's all about winning
26%
BigpredfanProbodybuilderHaraycarayBabybombers9CHITOWNBOMBER50jampaladin 6 votes

Comments

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited February 2019
    I don't see TSB as a challenge. At least, not in the traditional sense. It's a game that rewards those with time and/or money. Even then, you're not getting very far without 'common sense.' I'm currently in P6 and I've put myself in a position to jump to Diamond. However, here's why it's on an indefinite hold:

I see TSB as a game that's fun. Very, very fun. Whatever 'fun' means for one person shouldn't have any bearing on another. I have a few diamond friends that really enjoy being in diamond. Some have said that they wished that they would've made the jump sooner. And some continue to egg me on to this very day. I have fun with it. It makes me laugh and I think it's cool that they enjoy diamond so much that they want to share it with me.

Here's the thing, it's NOT my idea of fun. I absolutely loathe bonus games. It was an absolute chore for me just to get to P6. I LOVE LOVE LOVE getting new players and being able to cap them instantly. However, even more than anything, I love to actually play the game. WoH is fun, but CvC is currently my flavor of the month. I just love the heck out of it. Those are the only two events where manually playing gets rewarded. I mentioned CvC because there's a theory that uncapped teams get nerfed and having talked to a few diamond teams, their results are consistent with that theory. 

Don't get me wrong. There are definitely some things about diamond that are very appealing. First and foremost, being at the top tier is always cool. And of course, it's major eye candy! However, challenging? Personally, I wouldn't see it as a challenge. Instead, I see it as a grind. And for the time being, I'd rather coast to the finish line than grind for the last few weeks. 

EDIT: To answer your question, capping new players is fun. :)
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    edited February 2019
    DFBB said:
    I don't see TSB as a challenge. At least, not in the traditional sense. It's a game that rewards those with time and/or money. Even then, you're not getting very far without 'common sense.' I'm currently in P6 and I've put myself in a position to jump to Diamond. However, here's why it's on an indefinite hold:

I see TSB as a game that's fun. Very, very fun. Whatever 'fun' means for one person shouldn't have any bearing on another. I have a few diamond friends that really enjoy being in diamond. Some have said that they wished that they would've made the jump sooner. And some continue to egg me on to this very day. I have fun with it. It makes me laugh and I think it's cool that they enjoy diamond so much that they want to share it with me.

Here's the thing, it's NOT my idea of fun. I absolutely loathe bonus games. It was an absolute chore for me just to get to P6. I LOVE LOVE LOVE getting new players and being able to cap them instantly. However, even more than anything, I love to actually play the game. WoH is fun, but CvC is currently my flavor of the month. I just love the heck out of it. Those are the only two events where manually playing gets rewarded. I mentioned CvC because there's a theory that uncapped teams get nerfed and having talked to a few diamond teams, their results are consistent with that theory. 

Don't get me wrong. There are definitely some things about diamond that are very appealing. First and foremost, being at the top tier is always cool. And of course, it's major eye candy! However, challenging? Personally, I wouldn't see it as a challenge. Instead, I see it as a grind. And for the time being, I'd rather coast to the finish line than grind for the last few weeks. 

I think it's just a matter of personal preference.  Each level has different challenges and benefits and it's really just about what is the best fit for the individual.

I am Diamond like the OP and I absolutely love having essential unlimited access to gold and EVO, but your point about the grind of games is true.

I wouldn't personally recommend Diamond unless you're willing to put in the time for 500 or more bonus game/tourney game wins every day on average.  

On that note though, I should also mention I'm not a pay to play player, I spent 99 cents to get rid of ads and then $20 once when I got a Google play gift card from someone, so for a player like me to be able to haul in mass amounts of gold is pretty appealing.
  • HuskerHusker Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
    edited February 2019
    I like bonus games and tournaments myself, so Thursdays are my favorite after Wednesday and Monday, but I also like being able to cap bonus guys right away. That's still taking precedence for me. Once those are done, I'm hustling to Diamond. I'm also squarely in the camp of everyone playing for their own reasons, with their own idea of what's fun, and think it's awfully presumptuous to think that any one way is the only way, or even superior to others. I'm not trying to be disrespectful - I don't care about my team strength, for example, I like to put up event points. But it doesn't mean I'm not jealous a little bit of guys who have crazy strong strength. Or (especially) who are cycling Diamond 6 - I just think that'd be less fun for me personally. 
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    80d said:
    I personally think it's stupid and gives you no challenge at all. I see people post these huge numbers and than I see they are silver or gold level. Honestly, it annoys me because that isn't something to be proud of. It's like bragging about correctly answering the trivia on the back of a cereal box. Where's the fun? The challenge? The enjoyment of ACTUALLY accomplishing something?

And yes, I am leveled at diamond hall of fame, if you wanted to know. Better pay outs in events; currently get x2 of points. Unlocks your players full potential. Not to mention the gold that comes with leveling...
    Can you cycle?  118k at diamond is fun for you?  Would not be for me.  At 177k gold I really have unlocked the potential of my players and get heaps of rewards in all events because of it as well as putting in valuable work for my club.  For me that’s where the fun is.
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @80d what is your team strength at Diamond? 
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• AcesehAceseh Registered Users, Member 37 Posts
    DFBB said:

I’d be very curious to hear more about your theory on uncapped teams being nerfed for CVC. I think something is up with that for sure.

and isn’t WOH really just getting fastballs or not getting fastballs? Now that everyone has multiple capped guys over 500, it’s really just a game of luck. Not that their is anything wrong with liking that. :)
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @Aceseh Having talked to a few people, I believe it's a theory that holds water. I believe you're diamond? If so, I'd be curious to hear about your experience too. Yeah, WoH is about luck, but we can put the odds in our favor. With the right bonus skills....and some gold, all things are possible. lol
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • AcesehAceseh Registered Users, Member 37 Posts
    DFBB said:
    @Aceseh Having talked to a few people, I believe it's a theory that holds water. I believe you're diamond? If so, I'd be curious to hear about your experience too. Yeah, WoH is about luck, but we can put the odds in our favor. With the right bonus skills....and some gold, all things are possible. lol
    I’d say you’re theory holds a lot of water, that’s for sure. When I went to diamond my CVC scores went wayyyyyy down initially. No reason for that because my players were actually better, right? There is definitely something going on haha.
  • cubschampions2016cubschampions2016 Registered Users, Member 117 Posts
    Aceseh said:
    DFBB said:

I’d be very curious to hear more about your theory on uncapped teams being nerfed for CVC. I think something is up with that for sure.

and isn’t WOH really just getting fastballs or not getting fastballs? Now that everyone has multiple capped guys over 500, it’s really just a game of luck. Not that their is anything wrong with liking that. :)
    Not really luck because Holliday Ted Williams with 16/20 for both skills with 80 gold boost beats it on first on second try more than 95% of the time. Must be baecause he is the best guy to have versus right handed pitchers on 5-10 
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    ☝🏼but your TW is getting fastballs, right? It’s not luck if he is somehow hitting those curves...