TSB Confesions: Let's hear the stories!

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
edited February 2019 in General TSB Discussion
I know I can't be the only one that's done crazy/questionable things in TSB. Let's hear about our addiction, err love, of the game. I'll go first!

Hello, my name is Alex....

-I once spent about 2 and a half hours playing a set of 4 games in season mode. The thing is, I started at around midnight. My team had recently 'leveled-up' and I was scoring a ton. At first, I had a goal of averaging 10 runs an inning. Then, I got into a game where I had a chance to break 100....I went for it and got it! I was pumped! I took lots of screen shots and went to sleep. I woke up and posted it on Fb. I logged into TSB and I was jailed. Yeah, not exactly how I was hoping to get my morning started. I was quickly unjailed, but it was definitely memorable. 

-Earlier this week, I started a CvC entry 15mins prior to the event ending(9:43pm central time). I sim'd a decent score and used my video continue. I wanted to see how high I could get(match win was in the bag). I just kept batting and batting. At 10pm central time, I noticed that Will Clark was no longer getting credited with the bonus multiplier. I just kept going anyways. At 10:45pm, it finally ended when Clark grounded out. Basically, I manually batted for over an hour. 

-'In '17, I once accidentally bought a franchise coin for 300 gold. It made me so mad. To this day, I still think about it. Obviously, I have a bit of trouble letting go.

-I take a s/s of my team's resources every night for two reasons: 1)as evidence that my team naturally leveled up and 2)to track exactly what was gained that particular day. 

-I wasn't going to mention it, but for months, I'd play WoH from begin to end. I don't remember how I was able to fit food and other 'necessities' in, but I'm sure it involved multi-tasking. Don't worry though. I've taken a step back. I usually take at least two hours off now. :)

If you're not having fun, you're losing.

Comments

• snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts
    Hello Alex. My name is Sara.

-One time I spent over $800 in one weekend on this game. My daughter is 5 and told me I was cray cray. Lol. You got me good Tap with your sometimes delicious deals. Never again. 

-I had the day off one Monday and spent the entire day through the night playing WOH. I had to set time limits after that. 

-I used to spend an endless amount of gold on CVC. #neveragain. 

-This one is the best. When I first joined my brothers club in the 2017 version (first time playing TSB) I was manually playing season mode. He went wtf. Auto play. Oh you can do that? Lol! Yeah it comes up in front of your face. Duh! I was a newbie. 😂 FYI- no I am not blonde. Lol. 

-Pulled Babe Ruth the first shot at his box. My club is still in awe over it. They still talk about it. Lol. Heard many players spent thousands trying to get him.

I am sure there are many more. 

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @snowy24 That's hilarious. Ty for the 'I'm not a blonde' clarification. :) I kid. LOL I spent well in excess of 100k gold chasing the Babe. Everyone has their kryptonite. :( Love hearing that I'm not the only one that's crazy. haha
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited February 2019
    That’s funny you say that about Babe! Same exact thing happened to me with Willie Mays. Very first box (received from CvC win). The Glu Gods shined down upon me that day LOL.
  • Babybombers9Babybombers9 Registered Users, Member 212 Posts
    I love how they show the Babe on the ads for this app. Like the person who downloads it is ever gonna play with him.
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Remarkable... batting for an hour in a single round of cvc, spending $800 in 1 weekend,... I’m obviously only half committed
    It's all done with mirrors
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    Hey now Alex and Sara...I’m Kevin

I once slow played the 4th inning on from dark Saturday to sunrise Sunday cuz I had bonus Stringbean RP. Almost put up 900mulkuon and our club was comfortly ahead when they woke up. 12hours only stopping, briefly, cuz it was hard to hold a bottle to my sons face and hit😀 I was feeling so pumped to finally beat one of ‘clubs’. BUT, within an hour of me stopping the hated 20 overcame the deficit and put up another half a billion within 25mins. That was the last time I ever tried to be hero for my club. We did finish second, butI think I spend WAY. TOO. MUCH. for the ridiculous rewards that we earned. #never again
  • ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
    Hello Alex, Sara, and Kevin .. I'm Dan
    So I like to play by myself and do commentary on the games, especially WOH.  I always have my team as the underdog.  I talk about the game being over, fans leaving, how the pitcher has dominated all day.  On the later rounds where it it more runs, I look at each at bat as a different inning, I mean how can the same guy keep coming up.  When I get close I talk about the fans running back in from the parking lot, how historical the comeback would be, make excuses for why the pitcher is still out there (expect when it is a Phillies pitcher, my favorite team, there are no excuses or reasoning behind Gabe Kapler's decisions).  If they played against each other in real life I talk about real statistics.  If not, I use the fake in game ones.  Some times I celebrate too loud on 5-10.  Which brings me to the normal conclusion of:
    My wife or kids walk in, and ask who I'm talking to, and I just give the head down in shame.
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Hey forums friends. Houmy here (yep that is my name). Craziest thing I have done in this game? The list would be too long but the story of how I got hooked on it to begin with goes like this:

back in 17 google released this doodle game of cricket during the cricket championships and for those that don't know cricket has some similarities to baseball so I found myself sitting there playing it and had lots of fun. Not having played a baseball game since the SNES/SEGA console days I figured I would find an app and so came across TSB17. Long story short I was a VIP in a few short months having spent the required, albeit secret, amount in 17 which I believe was in themed $500 range back then and was hooked. Damn you google doodles is all I have to say about that. The doodle is still fun though and I wish I'd stuck playing that which you can find through the link below:

https://www.google.com/logos/2017/cricket17/cricket17.html?hl=en
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    Hi My Name is Matt and I am a GLU Sniffer..

F...sorry wrong glu Board

Hi My name is Matt and I am a TSB addict.
    at one point this year I was playing the game of 4 Devices, 2 iPads, a work Phone of a service Tech that resigned and my personal device. I have only spent money on one device however. I lost track of what was what.
    (for the record my iPad #1 my team is really good but I have to play in shame in the bathroom because my wife saw my screen time report and laughed at me)
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts

I played too much for too long, but am (mostly) reformed now.  Currently planning on skipping 2019, but we'll see.

That said, my number one claim to shame is the time I lost like 5 gold battles in a row (2017 game) and threw my phone up in the air so hard that it hit the ceiling and smashed my screen.  Held on to that phone for a bit but eventually had to buy a new one.  Really embarrassing. 

• BigHurtBigHurt Registered Users, Member 157 Posts
    @Metsicans, smashed my phone about 2 or 3 months ago after losing on 5.10 of woh for the 10th time in a row or something like that. I forget exactly how may losses it was, but I was so just so angry I was in an uncontrollable fit of rage. Played right into Glu's hands, lol.  After that day, I recognized I have an addiction problem.   
    Luckily, I work from home, so no one heard me, or saw me, I think. I was so embarrassed- let's just say I wasn't completely honest to my wife on how I busted the phone. 
    @Metsicans & @BigHurt I am sure GLU would make a lot more $$$ selling device replacement warranty instead of mountains of gold based on what you guys have gone through. Maybe it'll be a monthly subscription feature in 2019? :trollface:

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Houmy said:
    @Metsicans & @BigHurt I am sure GLU would make a lot more $$$ selling device replacement warranty instead of mountains of gold based on what you guys have gone through. Maybe it'll be a monthly subscription feature in 2019? :trollface:
    “I’m sorry, throwing your phone into the ceiling is clearly not covered” 
  • BigHurtBigHurt Registered Users, Member 157 Posts
    Houmy said:
    Thank god I had a replacement warranty, only cost me $50 bucks to replace, but I still cringe at how silly I was. I've gotten a little smarter (lol, like throw the phone into a pillow dumbass!). 
    Houmy said:
    “I’m sorry, throwing your phone into the ceiling is clearly not covered” 
    @Bigpredfan it will be for VIPs but not the peasants. Their subscription will be limited hence more of an incentive to spend the $1,118 to become 2019 VIPs. 

• effschmoo2effschmoo2 Registered Users, Member 184 Posts
    After I cycled WOH for the first time, I used leave at work for the next few Monday’s just to play walkoff. I’m not proud of that, but I’d do it again.  
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I’ve gone to the bathroom many times and also play in my car before I come in from work so that u don’t have to hear about it. Also bought a new phone so that it would load videos quicker and play games quicker. That’s enough money to get VIP status
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Decided I would spend on those $20 POTM boxes in July that were 50% player.   After an adult beverage or two I was up to around $80 and only pulled Sale twice in the 8 boxes.    oops 

edited February 2019
    So yeah, I think it's safe to say that I love me some CvC. I entered a score of 672k, which I felt would be enough to win the round. I then started another entry. I clicked the 30% video boost and the 25x multiplier. I then manually played. I had no bonus players and no gold was used. Here were the highlights:

-After 60 mins, I had about 40 million.
    -My 2nd out came after I hit 85 million. My multiplier went from 10k to 5k.
    -Earnie made both of my unintentional outs and both occurred without a runner in scoring position. 
    -114 minutes later, after a Babe homer, I decided to call it quits. I was gassed and had already reached my goal.

• SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Unreal @DFBB
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Babybombers9Babybombers9 Registered Users, Member 212 Posts
    Lol I’m pretty sure my 160k team has never even made it once through the lineup on manual play let alone that far!
  • HuskerHusker Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
    At one point in 17, I had two full 20 team clubs full of only teams I created - which I played every weekend. It took about four hours to collect rewards and open them. This year I volunteer to work extra non-traditional hours on other days so I can flex the time on Monday and Wednesdays (I'm a state employee and can't earn overtime). I also won't schedule any appointments on Monday and Wednesday afternoons. I got a new phone which tracks screen time (I'm technology challenged so I'm guessing that's probably common). Showed I spent 92 hours on the game over a 10 day period - vowed to cut back - last report I had it all the way down to 82 hours - baby steps...
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Had to bump this thread because this morning I've been playing the same bonus game for the past hour or so and just lost 37-36 in 11 innings. 

I obviously autoplay these as you need 1,000 wins to cycle the last Diamond tier. However, I can get a little upset if it looks like I'm going to lose too badly. After a few innings I had noticed that the other team jumped out to a 28-9 lead and I said to myself "awwwww hell nawwww!" and jumped in that b**ch.

It was the bottom of the 5th inning and I was facing a 398 rated Kershaw. Over the next few innings I was able to cut the lead to 28-22 going into the bottom of the 9th. Now, up to this point it was still Kershaw and I kept wondering when/if 22 runs scored against him was enough for him to finally get the freaking hook here LOL. So to my delight 237 rated Jonny Venters entered in the 9th and I thought I had this one in the bag. I got the score to 28-26 and had a runner on 2nd with Molina at the plate and 2 outs. He homers to make it a tie game. Next batter made an out and we go to extras.

10th inning they score 3 runs so I am thinking I have this one pretty much in the bag as I'd had no problem scoring to this point and had the lesser task of hitting against Venters as opposed to Kershaw. However, I only match their 3 runs. On to the 11th!

They score 6 runs in the top of the 11th and even with Venters on the mound I know it's a tall task. My #9 batter Votto leads off and grounds out to 2nd base. My leadoff man, BF Yelich flies out to shallow center. Looks like this one is in the bag for the opposition, folks. Two down and nobody on base and I still need 6 runs. 

Batting 2nd, Boggs doubles off the wall in right. Next up, Holiday Ted homers to cut it to 37-33. A pair of singles by Baez and Bogaerts gets me runners on 1st and 3rd for Molina. Another clutch piece of hitting, Molina doubles both runs home. Score is 37-35. The next batter, Kemp, singles and I get the popup asking to send Molina home (hell yes, send him home!). He scores to make it 37-36. 

BF Harper singles which sends Kemp to 3rd. Two on, two out and down 1 run I pinch hit LL Arenado for Votto to get the platoon advantage. Arenado shoots a ground ball up the middle just left of the 2nd base bag! But wait!! The shortstop makes a diving play and fires to first to end the game.

I was so sad.
    @JEDDDOGGY Idk if it's a good thing, but you've gained my respect. Hahahaha
  • duckk123duckk123 Registered Users, Member 296 Posts
    Votto wouldve gotten a hit.