Inconsistent gifts

slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
I will admit that I as maybe everyone else is spoiled and expect Glu’s gift to come in at 3pm est, but it seems recently that they come at that time or at 6pm or even as late as 9pm sometimes not at all. Has anyone noticed this? 

Comments

• NAPREDATORS46NAPREDATORS46 Registered Users, Member 68 Posts
    Yeah just figured they said to hell with 2018...on to 2019. 
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    They will probably stop entirely as soon as 19 arrives. So will bonus players. 
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    samtheman said:
    They will probably stop entirely as soon as 19 arrives. So will bonus players. 
    If we go based on 17 then yes bonus players would and WOH would be stuck on the same player(s) every week  but I still get the occasional gifts of 500+ gold in 17. With GLU teasing about a potential 18-19 port or something to do with 18 being tied in to 19 we won't know yet.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    500+ gold gifts??!!! Why did that have to stop lol
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    500+ gold gifts??!!! Why did that have to stop lol
    @JEDDDOGGY I still get them in 17 and have even gotten 1500 packages as well. Not sure if it is random, a VIP thing or just based on how long apart you log in.

@Houmy ah, I gotya... yeah, I've heard the "welcome back" gifts are pretty good. Makes sense- get them engaged again immediately.

So what is there in 17 that you can still do that's fun? You can still play games I take it. Are there boxes you can buy / ways to still get new players for your team / etc?
  • Babybombers9Babybombers9 Registered Users, Member 212 Posts
    @Houmy at this point it’s kinda like how the afterparty hosts reward whoever is still stumbling around at 4am and hasn’t left yet. The developers at 17 are like, “Shots for everybody!”
    Speaking of gifts just logged in now to get a screenshot for @JEDDDOGGY of the available boxes and here is the gift that popped up. Bought a signature legends box for 1400 gold using that and other gold I had from previous boxes and got 90K cash which is pretty much all I have ever been getting from those boxes after 18 came out. Below are the only player boxes available and those signature legend max numbers are laughable by 18 standards.

Must be a VIP thing because I haven’t received anything free in ‘17 for a very long time.
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    It's based on a gap between log ins. I will log in now and post a screen shot. I am nowhere close to VIP in 17 or 18 but have seen it the few times I logged back in to 2017 this last 6 months
    My screen shot was send for moderator approval lol! Anyway - it was same welcome back gift as Houmy
    Still some clubs grinding away in 17 today.....
    @Houmy thanks, looks like if you refrain from logging in for a while you'll get some nice gold. One box with a few players doesn't excite me much lol not sure what you'd spend that gold on then?

@benny100 haha that's funny... no bonus players but still playing. Guess the club event rewards still pay out even though there's no bonus guys?
    They pay out but not much that’s useful. There’s one Club that’s still hitting top tier regularly. I suspect they are loading gold to do it because I have a hard time believing anyone is spending that much money on a two year old game.