Non paying players Highest Ranks and strategy

sauerdeezlesauerdeezle Registered Users, Member 15 Posts
just curious who else is out there, not coughing up real cash on this game. I am currently still climbing and broke the 100k overall team strength last week but it was an extremely long and grueling grind. Forced to enter diamond ranking souly for cash and gold payouts, winning season mode has become utterly impossible at this point as the Houston Astros will beat me no matter what I do. If I post 10 runs top half of an inning they counter with 11. I have found great success in running a low ranking club with no other participating members. In Cvc I encounter non participating teams almost every time and would say it’s a rarity if I ever lose, thus giving me tons of prizes every single time which I live off of. In turn I donate my club items to fuel my cash flow which is always high however in diamond as I climb the tiers cash is running a little low (400k). I will say the biggest benefit to being a non cash player is actually being good at the game lol I constantly destroy obviously money fueled teams in head to head which I rely upon. What other techniques do the non cash guys implement ?

Comments

• Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    Early in the game, I was constantly doing videos when I had slack time, just watching TV, hitting that watch video button whenever.  

During double gold I consistently did the game offers.  Most all of them are achievable without spending anything once you understand the game.  

Early on in the game,  when Slugfest was important, I was building my Slugfest team first in the interests of Blue and Prime XP.  My only regret is that I feel I wasted resources early on in skills that weren't worth investing in, simply because I had a guy with an investable skill.  

I was patient leveling up.  I stayed Silver until I had enough resources to beat WOH at Gold, then I moved up.  I waited until I had enough resources to beat WOH at Platinum.  I'm now a 160K Diamond team, and I have never not cycled WOH ever since I was Silver other than 1 or 2 flukey days where I just didn't have time for the game.  

I know there are much better teams out there but I'm pretty happy with where I'm at as a guy who has chosen to spend his money on other things.
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    So, I’ve only spent maybe $60 total of real money (only spent money for gold, and accidentally $20 at 2am with my screaming 2 year old 😂). Anyway I am Diamon tier 2  with 117k team strength. I can only make it to the last four pitchers in WOH, but what I typically do is just play that over and over to resource hunt. My biggest secret is that while at work I just watch videos and rack up about 1k to 1.5k gold per day this. 
  • sauerdeezlesauerdeezle Registered Users, Member 15 Posts
    I’ve almost bought gold so many times by mistake by just clicking so fast, then an add will pop up and next thing you know I’m at a purchase menu it’s horrible. The videos are a lifesaver however they can be a slow, life sucking process! Just glad to know there are others out there like me !
  • mynolesrockmynolesrock Registered Users, Member 45 Posts
    I'm there with you.  I've not spent a cent so far on it but have watched a LOT of videos to try and compensate for not spending cash.  My team is just shy of 120k and I've managed to wrangle 9 legends that actually have value, I've dropped a couple that were worthless for the lxp.  it is harder but I think more rewarding to slug through instead of just buying a better team.  Then again though maybe I'm a sadist. 
  • sauerdeezlesauerdeezle Registered Users, Member 15 Posts
    Definitely more rewarding ...so many times I’ve gotten legends but had to trade them in souly for xp but it’s just the reality of the situation and I understand I don’t have the resources to keep everyone. Im also more privy to keeping starting pitchers and relievers opposed to hitters as they are less common and more impactful in my opinion. I didn’t start to see drastic increase in my winning % until I focused on and built a strong bullpen. Too many times I’d remove my starter and the bullpen would cough it up! It was hard to take my hard earned prime and throw it at relievers but it has made a big difference in closing out games.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    You definitely don't need to spend much or really, even any money to build a really good team. Time spent playing and thinking about the game is actually the best way to build a good team. Of course, money will speed up the process exponentially, but it's my opinion that time is even more important. 
    Aside from time, good management skills and an understanding of game mechanics is a huge component of building a good team. All year, I've been a huge advocate of videos. I do videos constantly as part of multi tasking. During 2x gold offers, there are many cheap ways of racking up gold as well. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    Totally agree with everything that @DFBB said.  I've seen nearly free solid 150K+ teams, and I've seen junk VIP teams under 100K.  Money helps, but you can throw all the money you want at the game and it won't help you if you don't understand how to use it productively.

Resource management is far more important than how much you spend.  
  • Kak88Kak88 Registered Users 16 Posts
    Anyone else having issues getting the rewards for watching videos for gold? Past hour or so the videos will play but will only get 4 gold for watching 20 videos. Can glu track this and fix the issue?
  • NAPREDATORS46NAPREDATORS46 Registered Users, Member 68 Posts
    I'm having the same issue,  put in a ticket. Now just waiting for some standard BS response about how they can't help me. Lol
  • ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
    Kak88 said:
    Anyone else having issues getting the rewards for watching videos for gold? Past hour or so the videos will play but will only get 4 gold for watching 20 videos. Can glu track this and fix the issue?
    I'm experiencing the same issue
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Same here with the video problem. Quick check of Twitter and seems like it isn't working for anyone.