Options

WOH righty vs righty

oaktown01oaktown01 Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
Looking for a little advise. All of my best players bat right handed. Are there any right handed batters that can beat WOH when 80% of the time the 5-10 is right handed? I have Mantle, who yes is switch, with skills at 16 but only late inning is active. Holiday mookie skills at 16, both active but still can’t get through. My only other lefty I’d holiday Pesky but again only one skill is active. The other option is LL mookie. I have tried everything and can’t get through. Any advise would be appreciated. When 5-10 is a lefty it’s easy, just getting frustrated without having a good lefty. 

Comments

• Options
    duckk123duckk123 Registered Users, Member 296 Posts
    LL trout is usually good but today he is not as good since scherzer has RHB Skilll
  • Options
    im 2-5 with holiday boggs
  • Options
    i'd say the best player you could have today for WOH Is Holiday Ted
  • Options
    Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    I use EE all the time against Scherzer and he does ok.  Not great, but I'd say 25-30%.
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @oaktown01 if you have the right batter then yes it is very possible. I have done it with Mays and Aaron before in 5.10 when I was expecting a lefty on the first cycle and came up against a righty. If the pitcher starts throwing unhittable balls then it doesn't really matter if you have the lefty vs. Righty or vice versa. 
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    Houmy said:
    @oaktown01 if you have the right batter then yes it is very possible. I have done it with Mays and Aaron before in 5.10 when I was expecting a lefty on the first cycle and came up against a righty. If the pitcher starts throwing unhittable balls then it doesn't really matter if you have the lefty vs. Righty or vice versa. 
    Totally agree
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I’ve had days where EE goes 6-15 vs a righty and days like yesterday where both he and Holiday Trout go a combined 2-20 it can be done if you don’t have any better options but a lefty with 2 skills active is usually best vs a right hander.  As far as pitchers skills we’re not 100% sure they’re even active I go back and forth.  I used to play to the pitcher skills and then haven’t recently because I feel they’re not active and my results have been basically the same either way.
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Ratings and bonus skills are much more important than having the platoon advantage. Yesterday, my 20/20 LL Trout, with the 80g boost, went 23 for 36 vs Max and those numbers are fairly typical of his success vs a right at 5.10.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Like @DFBB, Im also have a capped LL Trout that I use vs righties and it usually works very well.  Almost always over 50% success against 5.10
  • Options
    cubschampions2016cubschampions2016 Registered Users, Member 117 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Ratings and bonus skills are much more important than having the platoon advantage. Yesterday, my 20/20 LL Trout, with the 80g boost, went 23 for 36 vs Max and those numbers are fairly typical of his success vs a right at 5.10.
    I think platoon advantage is also important. I believe holiday Ted Williams probably does better than double right handed skill trout at 5-10. Yes you can beat it with both but holiday Williams gives more like a 70-80% chance of beating it versus a little over 50% for trout. That increase is because of the platoon advantage in my opinion 
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Holiday Ted also has better ratings than the LL Trout. 😁
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited February 2019
    Well yesterday I lost 16 in a row with capped Holiday Ted with skills at 20/20 and 80g boost. So there's that lol.

I mean, I was 10 for 17 otherwise. I keep wondering if the losing 16 straight was some kind of weird anomaly or if there is programming deliberately setup to do that. lol
  • Options
    effschmoo2effschmoo2 Registered Users, Member 184 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Well yesterday I lost 16 in a row with capped Holiday Ted with skills at 20/20 and 80g boost. So there's that lol.

I mean, I was 10 for 17 otherwise. I keep wondering if the losing 16 straight was some kind of weird anomaly or if there is programming deliberately setup to do that. lol
    Same here. I won the first without a restart. Then went 0-10 or so and then 9 more cycles without much problem and only a couple video restarts. 
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited February 2019
    Same here. I won the first without a restart. Then went 0-10 or so and then 9 more cycles without much problem and only a couple video restarts. 

Maybe from now on I'll just stay outta there from like 1 to 4 PM lol.
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:

WOW.   Thats some ridiculously bad RNG.  I would assume thats a one time thing because that is absolutely nuts
  • Options
    cubschampions2016cubschampions2016 Registered Users, Member 117 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:

Maybe from now on I'll just stay outta there from like 1 to 4 PM lol.
    I agree that time especially from 1-2:30pm is when the game is on impossible mode. You won’t win no matter what you do. At least that’s what it seems like and it always happens at this time. At this time I start losing 270 vs 70 pitcher matchups in level 2 round 6 vs Roark 
  • Options
    BlueOx8BlueOx8 Registered Users, Member 33 Posts
    Encarnacion, Bagwell, and Arenado all are good right on right options in the game as both skills are active thru the round.