Season mode

besomeonebesomeone Registered Users, Member 16 Posts
I really hate the fact that my team is over 109k team strength yet still get whooped in season mode to teams half my strength no matter the pitcher or batters I use. Same problem anyone?

Comments

• slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    This was talked about in several other threads. I’m currently diamon with 17-19 season record and 83k team strengths are crushing my 117k team lol. 
  • mynolesrockmynolesrock Registered Users, Member 45 Posts
    I stayed at Gold 10 and have went through the last 4 seasons undefeated.  I think it has a lot to do with what level you are and not necessarily team rating.  I'm a shade below 120k but was less than 100k when I went through undefeated the first time.
  • cubschampions2016cubschampions2016 Registered Users, Member 117 Posts
    besomeone said:
    I really hate the fact that my team is over 109k team strength yet still get whooped in season mode to teams half my strength no matter the pitcher or batters I use. Same problem anyone?
    I have lost maybe 1-2 games total including playoffs  in my last 9 seasons. But I’m silver and my team strength is 134k. 
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    I'm done with season mode, I cant even beat Baltimore, I outrank them by 30K  yet a 3.5 Star Pitcher one Hits my Lineup that is 113+ I am Diamond 3 and I throw everything at them (ice wraps, double skill players, everything) whatever team it is, even though my blue bar is halfway through theirs (ill screen shot it) I lose. I even Played a game live, not auto play, to no avail. GLU has some sort of fix in place. I am 8-20 and lead the league 2 categories Stolen Bases (Trout 23) and Strikeouts (Signature Prime Kershaw 58)
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I’m in diamond with around 179k team strength and it seemed at least in my first diamond season after leveling up that it was going to be impossible winning only 42% of my games and barely making the playoffs after carrying from plat a 46-2 start.  I did go 76-40 the second season and won a playoff series, and am currently 64-16 this season but I use a lot of ice wraps to make sure the few pitchers I have that have a shot are the ones pitching the games.  My relievers are basically gold 1 with a few plat 1 guys closing because I don’t want to use limited resources on guys who pitch about 10% of the innings in other modes because my offense scores 20 a game.  In the other divisions there is a point you can get to that you’ll probably win 98% of the time and only lose an unlucky game or two to the very best teams.
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Isn't season mode useless in Diamond anyway when it comes to the 18 version? So much EVO & XP is required to level players in diamond that you pretty much have to finish 5 seasons and win the playoffs to even make a dent. It was different in 17 when draft picks were at your tier and you wouldn't need as much XP.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    No you’re not going to cap guys very fast but an extra 10k blue for at least winning your first round series is nothing to sneeze at.  Once you’re going through D6 a few times a week evo is useless, I’m sitting on almost 5000 of that now and that’s after having 10 or 11 players reach diamond level with my main guys at 16/20 in their skills.  I use WoH and CvC to get my prime/legend exp but you’re usually just concentrating on one prime and one legend anyway.  I have enough prime to cap Holiday Trout for instance but needing 24k gold to do it means he sits at D8.  When you’re at that level it’s just about just making decisions on who gets what and while evo was the limiting factor at gold and plat now it’s exp.  Knowing what I know now I’d would have maybe waited till I had a little more blue and legend exp but it’s treated me well.  I have a poor 2B (445 overall) and my catcher is 470 Mauer but my lineup heading in was pretty well set with 485+ guys everywhere.  In ‘19 if leveling and draft picks stay similar other than working on sluggers better to make sure I can cycle that event (I went gold too fast to compete in that mode) I’ll probably follow the same formula I did in ‘18 I have had good results overall.
  • sauerdeezlesauerdeezle Registered Users, Member 15 Posts
    I feel you ....as a non paying player with a team strength over 100k I have to play diamond souly for gold and prizes as the awards for each tier are too good to pass on...I can easily coast into playoffs, but yes I have literally manually scored 10 runs in one inning then seen the computer score 11 the next (bottom of the 9th) to win and eliminate me from the playoffs......rediculous and heart breaking but it happens every time and I am the mad man for continuously trying.