Can't bunt a run home - Anyone else

HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
One thing I have noticed about 18 is that I have never been able to bunt a run home from 3rd base. I have had many perfect bunts where I moved the runner(s) over AND have the at bat player reach 1st safely but every single time I have a runner at 3rd my bunts result in either pop outs, runner at 3rd holding with player being thrown out at 1st or runner coming home getting tagged out. Every single time no matter who is doing the bunting. 

Has anyone else experience this? I am not 100% but I vaguely remember bunting the winning run home from 3rd in the 17 version a few times.
"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

Comments

• ProbodybuilderProbodybuilder Registered Users 337 Posts
    Never tried it.   Always wondered. 
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    Doesn’t it usually say infield in in that situation? And what are you doing bunting with the team you have?
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @samtheman even with infield in you would sometimes be able to get the winning or go ahead run home so I really believe it is programmed to prevent it in 18 for whatever reason they seemed fit.

As far as me needing to bunt although I am pretty proud of my team there are a few friends I play that have 520+ maxed pitchers and sometimes bunting is the only way to bring home the winning run after 17+ scoreless innings. We had one game that even went 24 innings at one time. :grimace: 

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    I've tried it many times, but stopped months ago.  Can't be done, I don't think.  Between that and the runner at 3rd running home on a tapper in front of the plate, not to mention the runner on 2nd in WOH who somehow can't make it home on a single to deep center field with two outs...yeah, the base running in the game leaves something to be desired. 
  • thickagethickage Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    Houmy said:
    One thing I have noticed about 18 is that I have never been able to bunt a run home from 3rd base. I have had many perfect bunts where I moved the runner(s) over AND have the at bat player reach 1st safely but every single time I have a runner at 3rd my bunts result in either pop outs, runner at 3rd holding with player being thrown out at 1st or runner coming home getting tagged out. Every single time no matter who is doing the bunting. 

Has anyone else experience this? I am not 100% but I vaguely remember bunting the winning run home from 3rd in the 17 version a few times.
    I’ve bunted two guys home from 3B over the past week against tough pitchers in key situations. It’s possible. :)
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Been trying to do it all year in woh, but no luck!
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard