Double blowout skill

NAPREDATORS46NAPREDATORS46 Registered Users, Member 68 Posts
So does anyone have a definite answer as to whether or not the double blowout skill stays active for the whole round in WOH or does it cut off after a few runs? Has anyone successfully used say LL Arenado or Bagwell in the latter of level 5??

Comments

• BishopReillyBishopReilly Registered Users, Member 14 Posts
    i have been using arenado 5.10 for over a month and hes been doing pretty well for me. Depends on if you get hittable pitches or not. I have double blowout skill at 16 for both. I use 80 gold boost usually but he def gets the job done
  • BlueOx8BlueOx8 Registered Users, Member 33 Posts
    Got a guy in my club that uses Bagwell and works well for him.
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Don’t have the answer but Arenado has been working in 5-10 for me
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • PINKYSTARFISHPINKYSTARFISH Registered Users, Member 99 Posts
    Are double or even with a single  BOs working at a good rate? 
    1/4 of the time or better,  or does the mercy rule come into effect ? 
    1/a phone smashing amount... LOL 

• AccelmanAccelman Registered Users, Member 65 Posts
    I never thought the blowout skill would apply to WOH... unless you mean in the 5.9 and 5.10 when you're down on some of the first pitches?
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Applies to CvC after 4 runs.  Does not apply to WOH. Arenado has a high rating and would have a chance at doing ok in WOH, but his skills aren’t influencing at all.  For a proper comparison I’d want to see what doing pretty well means....running at 5.9 or 5.10?  Against LHP or RHP or both? With or without boosts?  Gets thrubwith or without video restart?  Really hard to make a proper comparison when most weeks 5.10 calls for a lhb.   I imagine you could get by with him. But would be no substitute for Cooperstown Martinez or holiday Ted which are the two gold standards atm.  
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I have double blowout Jose Ramirez (max 515) that I’m slowly leveling up (diamond 2) in a few weeks I’m going to give him a spin because I lack a LH bat at that level and if he works well I’ll have a switch hitting option late (5.9-5.10) could be a case study if skills change mid inning in WoH or not.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    I have double blowout Jose Ramirez (max 515) that I’m slowly leveling up (diamond 2) in a few weeks I’m going to give him a spin because I lack a LH bat at that level and if he works well I’ll have a switch hitting option late (5.9-5.10) could be a case study if skills change mid inning in WoH or not.

From what I have seen, people seem to be faring pretty well using LL Arenado w/ double blowout skill vs Tommy John.