Noob hello and lots of WOH/silver or gold questions

Soo_Choo_TrainSoo_Choo_Train Registered Users, Member 160 Posts
Hi guys/gals.  I played the game a few years back, took a break, and now I’m back.  I just started around the end of the calendar year so I was lucky enough to get all of those free gifts and get a great start to my season.  I’m around 90K strength in silver VI currently and I feel like I should be ready to get a cycle or two of WOH in.  My questions are:
Should I auto play all rounds?
Is it better to try to hit pull, up the middle, or opposite field(I hate double and triple plays)
Is WOH easier at silver or gold?
Do I need to spend gold in the final rounds of level 4 and 5 to win?
If I went from silver to gold, would I still be able to win prime/bonus games and possibly cycle WOH just maxing the 4 or 5 guys I might use for the final rounds of WOH + my SPs to level 10?
Is leveling up all players, or maxing some of the players’ skills most important?

Thanks for answers to any of those questions and any advice you might have. For reference, I kind of understand the skills and I know to go LvR/RvL, except for maybe with double RHP skill Trout.  I have the only been to level 5 once and I made it to 5.10 but didn’t even manage 1 run.

Comments

• Cripple22Cripple22 Registered Users, Member 67 Posts
    You need to have a 2 skill player with always active skills, need to be capped at silver if that is your current team level, both skill levels up to at least 10 percent each(only upgrade skills if they are always active), autoplay up to r6 or 7 then manual play, use gold boost for l5 r 10, or wherever you're getting stuck.

Woh silver pitcher for 5 10 is around 208 overall, so you would need your best hitter to be around 224 overall, then use the gold boost.
    Any other questions let me know.  

If the shift is on opposite field always, double play on you can try to pull but opposite still works the best or easiest, 

I autoplay up to r7 or wherever you start to lose a round then manual play the last few rounds 
  • Soo_Choo_TrainSoo_Choo_Train Registered Users, Member 160 Posts
    Thanks for the input Cripple22.  I already wasted some resources on skills before I knew what I was doing.  That lesson was learned the hard way.  I’ve got Goliath Stanton, Comeback Odor, Dodger Legend Turner, and LL Trout as my top 4, all capped at silver with both skills around 10+.  Kluber was the guy I couldn’t get past for a while, but I was hanging around the 5.7-5.10 guys near the end of the event last week for the first time.  Maybe I just need to spring for the gold boost, and find a guy that’ll have both skills active.
    The gold boost will give you more fastballs. Just try to be ready for the fastballs, which are rare but they do come eventually, may have to foul off some curves or just take the strike out.  You can win easiest with doubles and Homer's obviously, but going to the opposite field is better average.  Majority of the time it's a righty at 5 10, check the forum for the last few pitchers of level 5.  
    Remember to check the WOH thread on Monday 

Good luck 
    215 player gets me their, gallo both skills active. That's the lowest overall I use for 5 10. Skills both at 13

Thanks for the advice.  I’m looking forward to Monday for a change. : )
    I managed two cycles under the new format.  Thanks for the advice.
    Congrats