One final boost for ATGs...and a sneak peek of....

Comments

• jgrousmcjgrousmc Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    Do you think any of these guys will transfer to 19? Glu kind of hinted to it. 
  • thickagethickage Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    jgrousmc said:
     I think so. The new game interface has an all star button, which I believe will function like the current franchise players do. I’m not sure how many of our current players will transfer, but I’ve seen speculators quote anywhere from 2 to 5 or 5 to 10.
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    jgrousmc said:
    Absolutely not!
  • PINKYSTARFISHPINKYSTARFISH Registered Users, Member 99 Posts
    I can't see full access to any players from 18. Maybe inside a separate mode, or possibly by the use of franchise coins.  That would give some meaning to those pos items. 
    I do think its kinda BS that its being kept so quiet at this stage .
  • Babybombers9Babybombers9 Registered Users, Member 212 Posts
    edited February 2019
    Basically, the Glu developers and the rest of the Shadow Council sat in a board room and said, "Damn, now we are getting to that point like last year where people don't spend any money because they're just waiting for the new version to come out." Then one of the knights rose out of the chair and was like, "What if we release a tweet saying that they CAN keep players for next year, then we develop a way to make that happen!? People will keep spending money." Then at the other end of the table someone was like, "Um, just make it super cryptic and vague and don't explain anything until the new version is out. Will accomplish the same thing. Oh, and this way we won't exactly HAVE to make it so players can carry over since we never committed to that in public."

OK maybe not... but at least this is how I'm starting to feel like it went. 
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    Looks like ATG's are staying at 530 and gaining lots of company...... 🤨
  • JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    Since franchise coins will probably stay, they need to be upgraded to all star coins and the 2019 version will allow us to use the coins to buy and insert our previously carried over 2018 team all star players into our lineup for X amount of games or for an event.  That would be a subtle change that would actually make a lot of active players happy.  Get on that, GLU!  
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    Boosted to 540.... end of season but nice to have for a couple weeks I guess. Bring on a 5.10 lefty on Monday!!
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Man....I miss them a tad more today. :(
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    That’s more like it!, now here come 540 legends and 535 blue xp players 
  • Babybombers9Babybombers9 Registered Users, Member 212 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Man....I miss them a tad more today. :(
    I hope in 19 they make all time greats easier to take with you to diamond. I mean how great can they be if they have the same rating as other just harder to level up?
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Mantle is the only one thats semi reasonable to take into diamond but still thats over 30K gold just to get him to Diamond 1
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited February 2019
    I have Mantle at Gold 10 still. I believe even with the MM Evo at 50 percent off it would still take about 60k gold to buy all of that in the store. Not to mention the 1.7 million LXP to take him from Gold 10 to Diamond 10. Trading him in at Gold 10 doesn't help you much at diamond either because you still need another 175 to get him into diamond even with the 310 you get from trading him in. Then there's the 48k gold just to take him up diamond levels to cap him out there. Oh yeah, and good luck pulling him a 2nd time anyway...
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    Yeap, nice 540 max now but I still think Lowrie at 525 is better for WOH than any of the ATGs. Those 15 extra points are no match for having a CONSTANT stacked 2 skills vs ANY pitcher. Not to mention the blue XP.
    Do you guys agree/disagree?

tocopan18 said:
    Yeap, nice 540 max now but I still think Lowrie at 525 is better for WOH than any of the ATGs. Those 15 extra points are no match for having a CONSTANT stacked 2 skills vs ANY pitcher. Not to mention the blue XP.

Disagree.  Both of Mantle’s skills stack against lefties. And Holiday Ted is in the same boat. I believe the hit rating is significant.

I have Lowrie and think he’ll be best suited at 5-9 or below. 
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    The point @tocopan18 is making is that Jed’s skills are both active vs ANY pitcher(being a switch hitter). Mantle only has 1 active skill vs RHP and Teddy none vs a lefty. And he always has use of the platoon advantage as well.
    thickage said:
    tocopan18 said:

Disagree.  Both of Mantle’s skills stack against lefties. And Holiday Ted is in the same boat. I believe the hit rating is significant.

I have Lowrie and think he’ll be best suited at 5-9 or below. 
    Keep in mind that Ted's hitting is higher but power is lower than jed's, and most people agree than in 5.10 power is a bit more useful than hitting.
    With Mantle I agree, but only vs lefties. But then my original point was that Jed was the best overall who player in the sense that he can take ANY pitcher with his 2 skills stacked. Mantle can switch position at the plate but loses one of his skills vs righties. 
    I didn't mean that Jed is the best lefty or the best righty, just best overall combined. 
    If you’re going into a round and not sure of the matchup, Lowrie is a great  option. After that, you know the matchup and I believe there are better individual options. Many better options at this point. 

I understand the point of one guy both sides and agree he’s probably the best in that regard. With the ability to have 12 batters lined up in WOH, I think it’s a moot point. 

I didn’t see much love for Lowrie at 5-10 last week. I’d like to hear how he fared for y’all. 

• fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    I agree...1 round for all the marbles w/o knowledge of the pitcher? Jed is the guy for sure. And w/o a doubt there are better guys vs LHP and vs RHP. It’s like a guy who can dominate at both the slam dunk contest AND 3-pt competition, but by no means is he champion at both!
    Like I said before, not everybody has a strong player for each side of the plate (one with always stacked skills). For them, lowrie can fill-up the weak spot. 
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    This is awesome. ATG boosted to 5-10 more max than some BXP/PXP players for a lifespan of 2 more weeks. Consider me excited*

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

Forgive me if it's just a little bit silly to me. 

We have ATGs at 540 and Shawn Green and Dusty Baker of all players at 535. I just... can't.

So in the last 2 weeks we have Holiday Ted unseated by Clubhouse Boggs then unseated by Jed Lowrie who now has been unseated by Shawn frickin' Green and Dusty Baker? I mean what's next? I can't wait to get my hands on a 540 max Darwin Barney!
    Everyone: “Glu, we’re tired of all these variations of players.”

Glu: Boom! Here’s studly Tony Kemp, Jed Lowrie, and Shawn Green!
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    edited February 2019
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Forgive me if it's just a little bit silly to me. 

We have ATGs at 540 and Shawn Green and Dusty Baker of all players at 535. I just... can't.

So in the last 2 weeks we have Holiday Ted unseated by Clubhouse Boggs then unseated by Jed Lowrie who now has been unseated by Shawn frickin' Green and Dusty Baker? I mean what's next? I can't wait to get my hands on a 540 max Darwin Barney!
    Why are you stealing @DFBB's thunder buddy? HE is the one in charge of ATG always being super higher max comments. SMH :)
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

edited February 2019
    I was looking forward to buying boxes this weekend but I'm just going to use my resources to level up my current players. I think I can settle for using Holiday Ted on 5.10 and winning 50 percent of the time instead of using Shawn Green on 5.10 and winning 55 percent of the time.
  • duckk123duckk123 Registered Users, Member 296 Posts
    I'm guessing Shawn Green isn't that good? I'm 15, so idk old baseball players
  • BobbyFlayBobbyFlay Registered Users, Member 53 Posts
    duckk123 said:
    He had a few good seasons and hit 4 hrs in a game once. He's certainly not a legend.
    With the release of Banks at 540 overall, could it be another ATG bump is in order? 
    I keep saying they’ll be eventually bumped to the 550 that we’ve seen before (albeit mistakenly, as they’ve added new players like Tommy John and Hank Aaron at that overall and then quickly corrected it)
    BobbyFlay said:
    duckk123 said:
    He had a few good seasons and hit 4 hrs in a game once. He's certainly not a legend.

As a matter of fact, more than half of the so-called legends in this game (according to GLU anyways) are not even near "legend" status in real life. No idea who came up with the legend-qualifying selection