Woh for 2-11-19: this can't be true.

Comments

• BigHurtBigHurt Registered Users, Member 157 Posts
    edited February 2019
    Do we at least get BXP for duplicate player, lol? I do actually need loads of it to make my (hopeful) jump to Platinum. 
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    I understand why everyone is disappointed with the lack of rewards today. However, as a diamond team that doesn’t spend money, I’ve never beaten WOH, though I do get to 5.9/5.10 regularly without using gold.  I’m pretty excited at the prospect of finally beating this event for the first time ever
    Best of luck @manbearpuig
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    DFBB said:
    @benny100 Restart the app.
    DFBB said:
    @benny100 Restart the app.
    Just did - hope he is at lvl 4 on second time around lol..... might be my last!
  • JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    A bit easier on gold.  It was fun to beat 5.10 with Bags with the blowout skills.  Got legend xp in all 3 boxes so Glu made up for it a bit.  
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited February 2019
    So this is my first WOH at Diamond. 

All the pitchers are still Gold level. I just beat a 97 rated Hamels with a 800+ rated Baez. Let's just say he had no trouble winning that matchup.

Maybe it's just level 1?
  • OakGroveRcktsOakGroveRckts Registered Users, Member 71 Posts
    My first WOH at Diamond also.  It gets harder at level 4.7
    Yeah... its really weird today. Level 3, Rizzo was 180 but then Hendricks after him only 146.
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    Today's WOH should include apology gift.
    And in case if anyone wants to see the skills

Today's WOH should include apology gift.
    Yes! Like Club Captain Boggs. 
  • TheLegend17TheLegend17 Registered Users, Member 373 Posts
    Swing and a miss on this one GLU. I appreciate the effort in trying to keep it interesting but the fun in woh is trying to pull the legends from the walkoff box. 

And beating woh to get better players for woh is what it's all about...a double cvc skill guy is absolutely useless 
  • KCCardKCCard Registered Users, Member 20 Posts
    Anyone that usually struggles able to break thru today? It was way too easy for me but I’ve been cycling for a few months. 
    Holiday Ted capped at Diamond, skills 20/20, 80g boost every time. 

0-4 vs Kluber.

GMAFB.
    Finally beat it.

Can't wait to see who I got, the suspense is killing me.
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Whatever HS reason they post is not the real reason for anything they do imo. I need lots of lxp so if it truly is easier I can take solace in the extra chances for lxp, considering I get 75% or higher pxp no matter what. If I remain motivated to multi cycle at least the chuck I already have will get leveled higher. Otherwise, it sure looks like 18 is officially over.
    It's all done with mirrors
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Finally beat it.

Can't wait to see who I got, the suspense is killing me.
    Do @dfbb's 3 shake thing. You may pull one of the 100% ones!!!

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @Houmy You'll never guess how many shakes it took for Mr Boggs..... B)

*disclaimer* Only works if you truly believe.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • YEARONYEARON Registered Users, Member 10 Posts
    Pretty disappointed in this WOH today.....It's hard enough finding a reason to play this game anymore this time of year, especially since there has been no confirmation on whether or not we will be able to bring any players over.  
  • nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    @JEDDDOGGY are you keeping a tally on everyone's pulls today to make sure Glu's %ages are accurate?
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    how do we give them feedback about this crap? Just here? in-app ticket?
    tocopan18 said:
    how do we give them feedback about this crap? Just here? in-app ticket?
    This could just be a sign of them having given up on 18 already and not wanting to create new* players. As you may have noticed no Gamechanger boxes in the store either. And of course now they have added the "Fan Rewards" with a "we're sorry you don't like WOH today" message which is extremely messed up as all those that already spent on WOH today are now missing out.

*same players with different themes

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    This made me laugh....

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    I have never cycled WOH. Mainly because I leveled up to Diamond too quickly. Lately I have been able to get to 5.10 but come up just short. I was willing to pay gold for boosts and restarts just for a try at the WOH box. Now that there is none, easier or not, I’m not spending any gold just for the Chuck Nasty. I think Glu swung and missed on this one.
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    edited February 2019
    Lol that’s too funny not to mention it didn’t feel all that much easier, though a lot of that was not restarting but in diamond it’s just a one level difference in all other divisions it’s a 2 level difference, but I’m just being whiny I guess lol. At least in prior weeks when I got through there was still an option that either leveled up a player I had which in diamond is huge, or a nice blue exp guy like Kemp that will soon be a very good RH option for me.  I’m playing because I need cash and bonus games.
    "We're sorry you don't like WOH today"

"Now go ahead and spend some gold for these tiers"
    edited February 2019
    On Sale Now
    Walk Off Hero Controversy Deals!  

"We're sorry you don't like WOH today"

You have to be freaking kidding me. Glu, just admit that tampering with one of the most popular aspects of your game does not serve your interests well-- you're going to lose everyone. Also, framing it like we're the bad guys for not "liking" the changes doesn't help. 
  • gdc23gdc23 Registered Users, Member 42 Posts
    I understand why everyone is disappointed with the lack of rewards today. However, as a diamond team that doesn’t spend money, I’ve never beaten WOH, though I do get to 5.9/5.10 regularly without using gold.  I’m pretty excited at the prospect of finally beating this event for the first time ever
    1) there's no glory beating a nerfed version of an event

2) it's not anyone's fault you made a bad decision with your account by going diamond, making this game hard on yourself. 

GLU pandering to the lowest denominator is sad. 
  • NAPREDATORS46NAPREDATORS46 Registered Users, Member 68 Posts
    Gdc23, Coming from someone who has cycled,  you calling him out is ridiculous! What's the harm in letting those who haven't cycled regularly have a week. Just because they haven't been as lucky on pulls or spent alot of money on the game doesn't mean they dont play just as much or more trying to get there. Stock up on xp today and move on. I'm certainly not thrilled seeing how I already had the player for today, but I'm certainly not going to call out someone for being excited about the prospect of their first cycle.
  • superbaldy77superbaldy77 Registered Users, Member 144 Posts
    There quick turn around response just shows they are pandering to the VIP's and anyone who is already cycled and paid big money to play. Not offending anyone out there or trying to start a debate vs those who have cycled and those who have not. IMO, the event difficulity and rewards should be tier based on what team your level is on to encourge us to move up. Keep the reward box like before but BXP players for bronze/silver, PXP players for Gold and LXP players for Plat/Diamond. Glu is trying to get more people engaged in their app. Trust me as a software developer I am very hard on them regarding stability and quality and hold them up to a higher standard than most. The lack of communication regarding 2019 is troubling. If things don't live up to their promise I think most will not make the transition including myself.  
  • gdc23gdc23 Registered Users, Member 42 Posts
    Gdc23, Coming from someone who has cycled,  you calling him out is ridiculous! What's the harm in letting those who haven't cycled regularly have a week. Just because they haven't been as lucky on pulls or spent alot of money on the game doesn't mean they dont play just as much or more trying to get there. Stock up on xp today and move on. I'm certainly not thrilled seeing how I already had the player for today, but I'm certainly not going to call out someone for being excited about the prospect of their first cycle.
    Because part of a grind game is giving us a new carrot to chase every week. What's the incentive for me to improve my team when it doesnt matter? 
    It's < 1 month away from tap 2019. If youve been playing all year and still cant' cycle, it's not the game's fault.