Woh for 2-11-19: this can't be true.

Comments

• whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    i was excited for today, was hoping to get judge Boggs or an atg, but happy to build up some lxp, and level my pitching staff up...with the evo today and my season ending tomorrow, I should be capped at every position now with a 500 or better except relievers, which in my opinion is just a team strength thing, and could do without having them capped... I do wish they would change out one of the prizes for 10 evo...then I would cycle like a madman.
  • Cripple22Cripple22 Registered Users, Member 67 Posts
    If you only have one player reward you don't make him double skill cvc.  If it would have been double woh, or double anything besides cvc, I'm sure I would not be as unhappy.
    I don't want cvc skills for a woh reward.
  • duckk123duckk123 Registered Users, Member 296 Posts
    I have a better winrate from last week against TJ than against Kluber today. Easier my ass, glu.
  • woohoo77woohoo77 Registered Users, Member 300 Posts
    Ya I got Rizzo at 5-10 with skills at 16 and 16.  Using video boost I'm only 1 for 8.  Not THAT easy.  As soon as the tying run gets up i get the 9 curve treatment.
  • buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    Hilarious that they upset so many people while making it 0.001% easier or even worse.
    1-6 on Kluber today, while I went 5-15 ish on TJ. 
  • nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    @JEDDDOGGY I see your new tally for Walk Off. Success Rate! Was it REALLY easier today? 
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
    nym5fan said:
    @JEDDDOGGY I see your new tally for Walk Off. Success Rate! Was it REALLY easier today? 
    Wouldn't be surprised Glu just made it up to try to justify the shit rewards.
  • AIC_76AIC_76 Registered Users, Member 57 Posts
    I'm definitely having one of my worst runs against the "easier" Kluber today than in the past few weeks.
    AIC_76 said:
    I'm definitely having one of my worst runs against the "easier" Kluber today than in the past few weeks.
    Heck, my winrate against kluber is about the same as mine against Scherzer!
    Make it 1-8, what the **** is this glu?
  • woohoo77woohoo77 Registered Users, Member 300 Posts
    2 for 10.  I could do better with gold boosts I imagine but not for those rewards.
  • BobbyFlayBobbyFlay Registered Users, Member 53 Posts
    I thought it was easier. I've lost about 6 times in a row against Not Justin. I never have trouble with round 4.
    not justin and 4.10 have started become pains in the asses to me in the past weeks. i feel like they increased the difficulty on them to slow cyclers from going off
  • ThunderstormerThunderstormer Registered Users, Member 215 Posts
    Really like to see Glu tweak barrages of slurves that are two feet off the plate and 99% of the time are called strikes. Even when it’s possible to foul off a few they just get nastier. Please get a clue Glu and listen to your gamers and stop trying to solve problems that don’t exist. 
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I didn’t seem to notice what was easier today than other WOH events. Except putting down the phone because the rewards aren’t worth the stress or spending gold. 2-6 against Kluber with holiday Ted. Worse than a normal day. 
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    I’m happy to know I’m not the only one with Not Justin troubles. 
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I guess it’s a little easier when out of frustration I throw D4 Gallo at him and win with a video restart after Holiday Trout was averaging a win per 6 attempts, I know RNG is RNG but I’m just sitting here wondering wtf.
    I’m happy to know I’m not the only one with Not Justin troubles. 
    My LL Trout is about 75% against him, while I don't think ive ever lost to Felix
    I honestly dont care about cycling anymore today so im just gonna throw double blowout skill bagwell at klubes for fun with skillsat 11
    Just got to 5-4 with bagpipes, gonna video restart and give it another shot. Suprised that I even got that close.
  • NAPREDATORS46NAPREDATORS46 Registered Users, Member 68 Posts
    It's clearly not easier just glu's attempt to explain the crap rewards.  Just go on and say you are done with 18 glu. There are still some who will  amazingly still spending their money on it in spite of the crappy pitches in WOH and odds on boxes.
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    Silver lining today is that I was able to cycle 10 times and take Chuck to Diamond 10.  Resources saved:  1,378,020 cash,  48,000 gold, 938,000 PXP.  

It may not have been the most fun I've had in WOH but overall it was one of the most productive.
  • KCCardKCCard Registered Users, Member 20 Posts
    My feedback:
    Was definitely easier but still too hard for the guys in my club who have never beat the event. In particular, guys at Diamond level said they saw no difference and struggled. I can beat the event every week and won 7 times today.

My suggestion.. I understand that many guys stopped playing because they can’t win but for many of us it’s our favorite day. Make level 5 “easy” to boost guys that struggle and have that level win a player and XP box. But then add a level 6 with a WOH box. Perhaps make this level even harder then previous level 5s to offer a new challenge. WOH is the premier event for most of the dedicated players and we are ready to spend gold and play all day. After almost 2 years of never winning, I still get nervous every 5-10 when I am a swing away from winning or an out away from losing. It is a great game that we have all spent countless hours playing.

• TheLegend17TheLegend17 Registered Users, Member 373 Posts
    I didn't like that I had already obtained Blackmon from a previous woh box and that I could only level him up 4 times before he capped at silver (I didn't have enough Evo to upgrade him)  I hate how you can't bump guys up this year from level 10 to the next available level 1(if unlocked) 
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I got through 6 times, for me though it didn’t feel all that different once I got to 5.10, getting there was almost too easy.  I normally have to boost at 5.9, even 5.8 depending on matchups.  I used videos on 5.8 and 5.9 today after I restarted and found 5.7 and 5.9 pitchers were below 400 (Maeda at 4.10 on Wednesday’s is 383).
  • SupremewolfpackSupremewolfpack Registered Users, Member 74 Posts
    My team is strong enough to get to 5.9 and 5.10, but haven’t come close to beating the final pitcher. You can tell when you have reached your limit when the unhittable curveballs and pop ups to the pitcher appear. I thought that with the reduced difficulty that I had a decent chance of beat woh today. Didn’t happen. 

Did like the better prizes in the earlier rounds. Thanks Glu for the better early round prizes. Hope you do this again. Thanks for the evo too. 

• Cripple22Cripple22 Registered Users, Member 67 Posts
    10x just to level up for free, biggest problem was not justin, holiday ted actually lost to him on autoplay twice. Pretty funny, that's the first time he has ever lost on autoplay.
    Just didn't like the double cvc skills, anything but that, too late in the game to waste resources on that.
  • Babybombers9Babybombers9 Registered Users, Member 212 Posts
    edited February 2019
    I hated this even more because I already had Chuck Nazty maxed at gold. I think going forward the guaranteed player needs to be someone new. Not a retread. And not just sometimes. Every. Single. Time.
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Wouldn’t mind a shot at Gagne again......  ;)