The official JeddDoggy run to Diamond thread

Comments

• chainblueltngchainblueltng Registered Users, Member 188 Posts
    i stopped paying attention to team upgrades. i never saw the point to upgrade them too far because you can use the cash elsewhere for better reasons such as player leveing and tournaments. you still get bonus games for rewards until d6 then it switches to the evo. you shouldn't have too much problem getting bonus games till d6 but playing them and buying club boxes should get you a good return on cash for tournaments. just hope you fair better than me and don't get 80% franchise coins over tickets 
  • rmouse511rmouse511 Registered Users, Member 185 Posts
    I agree about not spending cash on team upgrades. Use your cash for player upgrades and buying tournament boxes when you get low on bonus games. You will also have a ton of gloves and balls to donate for club boxes to build up your cash.
  • PINKYSTARFISHPINKYSTARFISH Registered Users, Member 99 Posts
    Thanks for the great info guys .
    Question though,  does CvC completely go out the window when leaving gold until a full maxed roster in platinum can be achieved ?
    Thanks again .
    toss up but i dont remember how i was for cvc in platinum. best bet is to hope for bonus players and have guys with high hit ratings 
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I’ve yet to run out though I’ve gotten under 200 games a few times.  Don’t worry about the upgrade tab you’ll want to use the cash to play tourneys which will fuel your bonus games.  You’ll find that while you might struggle in your first WoH week, (I went 1 for 27 my first week) once you get to and through the D6 wall a few times you’ll be able level up enough players that it will get a bit easier every week.  I try to balance my bonus games to a certain amount then play tourneys (I tend to hover between 250-300 games left after each 1000 win cycle.). Monday and Wednesday WoH days also help tremendously with both of those, I got through 7 times this past Wednesday which netted almost 2M cash and 75 games.  Even Monday when I struggled with Scherzer I still made 800k and 65 games.  
    any way you look at it. youre going about it the right way. take it from me. i went diamond with absolutely nothing and no player remotely good. took me months to start cycling woh. youre set to be cycling right away if not next week or two. im no hot shot here but ive been around struggling long enough to know you're going to get the job done. plus ive picked up a good bit from bigpred so hopefully we can keep his teachings alive till his sabbatical is up lol
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Well, I've now plowed through most of Diamond. I have two left to go. Haven't even leveled anybody past Platinum yet and still winning 95% of my games. I plan to start leveling some guys up tomorrow in preparation for WOH. I started with 32k gold and I'm at 55k gold now. I blew through 32k gold trying to get Boggs, which in retrospect was pretty dumb. But, eh, new shiny stuff.... I did get the 515 max Molina who has nice skills and is my favorite player not named Ozzie Smith so in the end I'm not too disappointed.  

I should hit the next tier before I start leveling guys so I'll be at right around 63k gold when I start. I plan on taking Ted to probably D8, taking the two blue XP guys up as high as I can (Kemp, Yelich) and I probably need more more left handed bat so it's going to be either Harper or Mathews. I'm really hoping Boggs is in the WOH box this week so I'm a bit skittish on committing to Mathews at this point. Maybe I just suck it up and spend the gold to reuse Yelich and/or Ted on level 5 where needed.

edited February 2019
    Woke up and banged out 400 games with morning coffee and SportsCenter. I’ll say it again, the bonus games aren’t as bad as people think. I did 1300 yesterday and was on my phone far, far less than I would have been if I were watching videos to try and get my 1k gold daily from that. Instead I got over 7 times that amount and also wasn’t glued to the phone all day. I’m loving it so far. Oh, and the 2x club points are nice too.

Started leveling guys this morning. Got BF Yelich and Teddy both to D7 and Baez and Molina both to D4. I’m hoping Xander is WOH reward this week so I’m going to wait to level him until I see. I need one more lefty but I guess I can part with the gold to reuse Ted and Yelich as needed this week.
  • snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts
    The franchise coins in the tournament boxes at diamond level are annoying. Spending that amount of cash to get that junk in return is ridiculous. I hope that changes in the next version of the game. Other than that, I love diamond. The competitiveness. Made the jump last night. At diamond level 2 right now. Yeah I wont be able to cycle woh for a few weeks, but I am having fun leveling up my players again. Thanks for the advice of not worrying about wasting cash on team upgrades and concentrate on using the cash for leveling players. 
    Just decided to buy one of those $19.99 bundles and got this on 4th box:

Looks like i figured out who my 3B is... :)
  • HuskerHusker Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Just decided to buy one of those $19.99 bundles and got this on 4th box:

Looks like i figured out who my 3B is... :)
    Well deserved luck - this is my absolute favorite thread in the forums. Thanks for continuing to let us know how it's going.
    Not sure how much legend XP you have after leveling Holiday Ted, but I would try to find a club with the 0.3 leveling discount and level Boggs as much as you can. This will be the only time you get a discount for leveling him.
    I would even look into trading in some legends that you won’t be using anymore and buying legend XP boxes to help level Boggs even higher. 
    My club actually does have a leveling discount, the 20 percent one. We got 3rd on Thursday. So that is helping a ton. I have Ted at D7 and have 700k LXP left and Boggs is sitting at Gold 10 already so I can probably get him a ways up into diamond too. I’ll have them both capped after Wednesday if I’m still able to cycle 10+ times. We’ll see! I’m pretty nervous/anxious for tomorrow.
  • duckk123duckk123 Registered Users, Member 296 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    My club actually does have a leveling discount, the 20 percent one. We got 3rd on Thursday. So that is helping a ton. I have Ted at D7 and have 700k LXP left and Boggs is sitting at Gold 10 already so I can probably get him a ways up into diamond too. I’ll have them both capped after Wednesday if I’m still able to cycle 10+ times. We’ll see! I’m pretty nervous/anxious for tomorrow.
    good luck tommrow man
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    Don't be afraid to re-use Teddy or BF Yelich as needed in WOH if you're struggling to beat it otherwise.  D8 is probably ideally where you want to be, but D7 is for sure doable with a boost if their skills are high enough.  Hopefully you have both at 16 at least.  
    edited February 2019
    Thanks @duckk123 prob gonna need it! 

Wicked- I went ahead and bumped Teddy to D9 but shouldn’t have because between that and leveling Boggs I’m now out of LXP and need 50k to get Baez’s skills to 15/15. So you saying either D8 or skills at 16, I’m in for serious trouble if 5.10 is a lefty tomorrow. Baez is at D5 and skills 14/14 and he is my best righty. My guess is we will see the new 525 Snell and I’ll be completely screwed.

EDIT: Got Baez’s skills to 16 by scraping up enough LXP by trading in literally like 15 legends I’d been hanging on to/collecting. Can probably get him to D6 too before event starts with next tier rewards.
  • ThumbstersThumbsters Registered Users, Member 267 Posts
    @JEDDDOGGY I wish you the best of luck tomorrow 
    ive got baez at d7 with skills at 16 and hes fine
    @chainblueltng right now Baez is at D5 and I did get his skills to 16/16 after scraping up some LXP last night. Maybe I will wait to see what the pitchers are today on last 4 before I level him up any more. I have 13k gold so I can get him to D7 if I get in there and it's Abbott or Tommy John and I'm having trouble with them.
    I have the opposite problem, I have plenty of right handed options but lack elite LH bats.  It’s mitigated somewhat that EE and Holiday Trout both have 2 skills active even vs RHPs but at least from my experience the platoon advantage is not a small one, which is why I’m probably going to gamble leveling double blowout Jose Ramirez to give me at least one option since I don’t have any LH bats above the 475-490 thresholds.
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    Went Platinum over the weekend thanks to @JEDDDOGGY and all the other helpful info from this thread. It feels good to beat down all those Plat teams that destroyed me while in Gold. Better yet, with my entire lineup at P10 sans Mickey (G10), I have the firepower to beat P10 Legend Kluber when all hope seemed lost!!! Thanks so very much guys...
    @redlegs2018u yeah, I should be set with left handed bats. I have a couple 515 blue xp right handed batters in addition to Baez, Bogaerts and Kemp, but they aren't leveled up yet because blue XP is now the most scarce commodity (who knew lol).

Just wanted to add to this thread, for anyone fearing the time consumption of 1000 bonus games, here's how my day went yesterday:

Woke up at 7 am, got breakfast, then had my morning coffee while watching ESPN - 400 bonus games
    Took my son to basketball practice at 10 am that lasted an hour and a half - 200 bonus games
    Waited at Meineke for about an hour while I got new tires on my vehicle - 150 bonus games
    Watched some college basketball while the wife went grocery shopping in the afternoon - 250 bonus games

I had my 1000 games in by about 3 oclock yesterday.
    @fahhq2 nice man! It's a breath of fresh air and makes the game fun again.
    ted at d3  made easy work today. must be easier lol
    edited February 2019
    I started 0-4 with Ted at d9 using 80g boosts (skills both 20) and was getting very scared. He didn't lose once the rest of the day though and finished 12-16. Funny how streaky it's been for me lately. 

I finally hit the evo jackpot at D6 last night. Will never need to worry about it again, or spend an hour every night hunting with the wackjobs on global.
    I had a much different and painful kind of day, I eventually said screw it and attempted to win with a diamond 4 player (Joey Gallo) and actually cycled twice in 6 attempts giving me a total of 6 in 30 attempts.  Now I know given yesterday’s rewards that was dumb but yeah I’m stubborn.  I did however collect 1.2M cash and nearly 70 bonus games so it wasn’t all bad.
    Good to see you had very good success in your first diamond WoH collecting that level of resources in that many wins will fuel getting the gold and evo to make things a lot nicer for you as you continue on.
    edited February 2019
    @redlegs2018uFunny how that works! I see people all of the time saying things like they were doing gold boosts and couldn't beat it and then started going no boosts at all and beat it every time after that. This game makes no sense a lot of times lol.

And yup! First day worked out well. I wasn't seeing Kluber at D4 like people were saying, he was D6 for me. Weird. Anyway, he is 25 max overall lower than TJ or Mad Max so a wee bit easier in that regard (and no juggernaut at 5.9 like they've been having for the past 2 months or so; it's been almost like two 5.10's lately with Abbott or Marichal there).