Woh for 2-11-19: this can't be true.

124Next

Comments

• marela520marela520 Registered Users 65 Posts
    edited February 2019
    The only difficulty of woh is unhittable breaking ball. Adjusting 5.10 pitcher from diamond 5 to diamond 4 will not help the situation. I don't know if any developer in tsb team testing this change before publishing, it is clearly that the change doesn't help much. The crappy reward makes it worse. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Yesterday was probably the easiest WoH I can remember. Myself and most of my club didn't spend any gold and we cycled at will. 
    Once, I lost to Diaz 30 straight times before finally breaking through on my 31st attempt(potm Andujar). Believe it or not, that was more fun. Well, maybe fun isn't the word, but definitely more exciting. I love it when things are not guaranteed. WoH has been watered down for quite some time, but the boxes did a great job of keeping us engaged. I'm hopeful that yesterday's WoH format will forever be talked about in past tense, much like Mr. Diaz and Mr. Neris. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    marela520 said:
    The only difficulty of woh is unhittable breaking ball. Adjusting 5.10 pitcher from diamond 5 to diamond 4 will not help the situation. I don't know if any developer in tsb team testing this change before publishing, it is clearly that the change doesn't help much. The crappy reward makes it worse. 

It's been my observation that pitcher vs batting ratings directly influence the pitch sequence. If you're constantly getting unhittable pitches, it's a sign that your batter(bonus skills included) isn't ideal for that pitcher. On that note, lowering the levels of pitchers will increase the odds of getting better pitches. I agree that one level isn't a game changer, but for some, it could be the difference between winning or losing. 

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    My first cycle might have been way too easy but after that I went 2-7 using holiday ted. All of a sudden the breaking balls started coming in hot and heavy  so I’m not sure what changed after the first time. 3-8 is pretty much a normal walk off day so I can’t say that it was easier. It would have been more appealing if it was a new player instead of one that so many of us had. 
  • newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts
    Silver lining today is that I was able to cycle 10 times and take Chuck to Diamond 10.  Resources saved:  1,378,020 cash,  48,000 gold, 938,000 PXP.  

It may not have been the most fun I've had in WOH but overall it was one of the most productive.
    I’m with you @W@Wicked0Wildcats.  I am diamond and cycle 2-3 times usually with great difficulty at 5.10.  Today I was 4/9 against Kluber and seen much better pitches then usual.  So the excitement of getting a real chance at pitches to hit was better to me then a chance for another player I don’t really need!!   
       So I am for the new difficulty!!   More then the old boxes reward!!   But of course the best case senerio I’d say KEEP THE NEW DIFFICULTY WITH THE OLD REWADS!!     Then most of us should be happy!!!    Exception to those who will complain about something either way!!!
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    This was my most exciting thing that happened yesterday 

• HuskerHusker Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
    Count me amongst those that felt yesterday's WOH fell flat. I usually use 40g boost at 5.8 and 80g at 5.9 and 5.10 because I'm impatient and figure better safe than sorry. Yesterday I used only video boosts and only had to use video restart twice in 8 cycles. I ended up buying a game changer to hit the evo fan rewards tier because I had only used 300 gold reusing Natzy for club points after I got tired of truly slow playing. But it was boring - I didn't realize how exciting the boxes were to me. 
  • AcesehAceseh Registered Users, Member 37 Posts
    To each his own in this, but for me I liked it. At Diamond I do not have the resources to level every new player I get. I was able to do the 9 cycles (my most at diamond) to get Blackmon to D10 instead of getting 2 or 3 new guys who will never be on my team and only tempt me to waste resources on them. 
  • HuskerHusker Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
    Aceseh said:
    To each his own in this, but for me I liked it. At Diamond I do not have the resources to level every new player I get. I was able to do the 9 cycles (my most at diamond) to get Blackmon to D10 instead of getting 2 or 3 new guys who will never be on my team and only tempt me to waste resources on them. 
    Excellent points - just adds to our recent theme that we all play for different reasons, enjoy different things, and I'm glad that people were able to take advantage (and identified there was the advantage). For me, the most striking thing was how blah I felt not chasing boxes - and I have terrible luck at boxes, so I'm usually happy to just get those resources. 
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    My biggest gripe with yesterday is the player given as the reward, while a high rated player isn’t one that folks who would normally struggle with the normal difficulty can use to win future WoH events.  Most of us who cycle normally found the point where we broke through and got a player whom made the next WoH easier to win.  I got Trout, then All Star Freeman, all Star Judge and so on and was on my way before the hiccup that was the Diaz/Neris days that were hard for almost all of us.
  • AcesehAceseh Registered Users, Member 37 Posts
    My biggest gripe with yesterday is the player given as the reward, while a high rated player isn’t one that folks who would normally struggle with the normal difficulty can use to win future WoH events.  Most of us who cycle normally found the point where we broke through and got a player whom made the next WoH easier to win.  I got Trout, then All Star Freeman, all Star Judge and so on and was on my way before the hiccup that was the Diaz/Neris days that were hard for almost all of us.
    Definitely agree with this. Blackmon was such a blah guy to get. 
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    Hopefully all this talk will fade in this thread and the upcoming WOH will be back to normal. It would be a shame they just let it die slowly as they did with slugfest. I mean, CVC is good and all but the rewards usually suck big time.
    Just let WOH stay the way it was and if anything, make rewards different based on team level. 
    That would be pretty fair, I think.