Little Help from Vets please...

EndpointEndpoint Registered Users, Member 67 Posts
Can a pro here explain to me how this lineup is not scoring well in CvC? Take away bonuses, because I spend 100g every round for the max bonuses and it still doesn't help. 

How do I have a nice lineup and cannot seem to score well in CvC and I struggle in WoH as well. 

Comments

• EndpointEndpoint Registered Users, Member 67 Posts
    Mind you when I say struggle I mean I get to 5.7 or 5.8 each week in WoH just can't nail down the full cycle and my scoring in CvC whether autoplay or active play is around 60k-120k unless I have a massive boost multiplier 

These are my subs by the way
  • ProbodybuilderProbodybuilder Registered Users 337 Posts
    There is no rhyme or reason to CVC.  My line up is better than yours and also does poorly.  I do cycle woh regularly tho.  
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    I was so horrible at CvC for the longest time that I had 1 career mvp/high round score in more than a few months spent in a lowly scrub club. I went to Gold tier and inexplicably started crushing CvC all of the sudden. This past Thursday when I went to Platinum I scored my highest round ever, almost 11 million. I did have the two bonus players, LL Arenado and Rizzuto, however they were both still at Gold and hadn't even been leveled up yet. Will be interesting to see what happens to my scores now that I am at Diamond.
    I ended up cycling WoH and getting Blackmon and I put his CVC skills at 6/20 on each hoping that helps. I read that those skills matter a LOT in CVC.
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    I suspect that CVC is set up with the same anti-sandbagging system as bonus games. Meaning if you stay at a tier too long you will have a hard time. What do I mean by this? I’ve been at gold for quite a while and when I go to play bonus games to try to advance I am drawing substantially better diamond tier opponents more than half the games and getting crushed by them. I think CVC has the same handicapping but I can’t tell for sure.
    As for WOH I don’t know. My top five is slightly better than your top five and it’s still a challenge for me to beat. Yesterday was the only time I beat it twice in one day and of course Glu claims to have made it easier. I only won once ever at silver.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @Endpoint Even when I don't know who the pitchers will be, I will stack either vs left or vs right. Going with a balance lineup greatly reduces your upside. Keep in mind that for CvC, late innings/woh skills don't work. Conversely, the blowouts skill is your best friend. And double boosted players are awesome!

@JEDDDOGGY Your CvC will tank. :(

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    @DFBB my initial results as of 12:01 today would suggest otherwise lol 

But yes, I've heard that. Maybe I'll taper off, who knows.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @JEDDDOGGY Clash can be a bit misleading. Plus, the pitcher difficulty is dependent on your opponent. On Thurs, you'll have a good idea of where you stand. Fwiw, this is the only thing holding me back from going diamond.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Having an all left or right lineup of at least 490’s +...and then skills that will be active like vs l/r, blowout, cvsc, risp...dramatically effect how well you will do, you should also manually play as much as possible, although continuing a good autoplay is also necessary when you bat for 15-20 minutes straight manually playing a single entry.