WoH Royale for 2-13-19: The Aftermath!

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
Well, Monday's WoH was eventful. Unfortunately, not in the the way that would bring smiles. To their credit, GLU quickly acknowledged the fallout. It's now been a couple of days and I'm super antsy to see how they will react. I expect a great box today. Last week was actually pretty decent despite only having four different players in the box. 
I fully expect to see the LL Judge today. I can't recall the last time where a LL didn't make an appearance in a WoH box the the week after their initial release. And of course, Judge is CvC friendly. I actually expect the ATGs to get a boost during the day. I wouldn't be surprised if we see two ATGs in the box and I think one of them will be Gibson. Feels like it's been awhile since Gibson and the Babe were in the box. I love the new Yady(clubhouse capt) and even though he's in the 'first report' box, I still think there's a good chance that he'll be in there. Who are you guys hoping for? If you've been cycling WoH a lot, there really isn't many 'must have' players out there. Which brings me to my weekly plea...as always, here's hoping for Ted. 
If you're not having fun, you're losing.
Prev13

Comments

• HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Trout. I am hoping for a new version of Trout. It's been almost a good two months since the 24th version of Trout. Give us Trout.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• cubschampions2016cubschampions2016 Registered Users, Member 117 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Well, Monday's WoH was eventful. Unfortunately, not in the the way that would bring smiles. To their credit, GLU quickly acknowledged the fallout. It's now been a couple of days and I'm super antsy to see how they will react. I expect a great box today. Last week was actually pretty decent despite only having four different players in the box. 
    I fully expect to see the LL Judge today. I can't recall the last time where a LL didn't make an appearance in a WoH box the the week after their initial release. And of course, Judge is CvC friendly. I actually expect the ATGs to get a boost during the day. I wouldn't be surprised if we see two ATGs in the box and I think one of them will be Gibson. Feels like it's been awhile since Gibson and the Babe were in the box. I love the new Yady(clubhouse capt) and even though he's in the 'first report' box, I still think there's a good chance that he'll be in there. Who are you guys hoping for? If you've been cycling WoH a lot, there really isn't many 'must have' players out there. Which brings me to my weekly plea...as always, here's hoping for Ted. 
    I’m hoping for clubhouse caption Boggs. Already have Ted. Btw did you not buy Ted Williams when he was available before new year? 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @cubschampions2016 I didn't buy Ted. :( I did, however, pick up Boggs 2.0 over the weekend!
  • PaxtinPaxtin Registered Users, Member 33 Posts
    Come on boggs!
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    I'm thinking they totally redeem themselves from Monday's debacle with a special WOH box with a chance of either 5 franchise coins or 10 energy drinks.
  • thickagethickage Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    I'm thinking they totally redeem themselves from Monday's debacle with a special WOH box with a chance of either 5 franchise coins or 10 energy drinks.
    I would have taken 10 energy drinks over Monday’s loot!
    Boggs and judge....

• slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    Damn I have Judge. Wish they had rewards for him per hit/rbi
    Maeda back at 4.10

Rich hill 5.6
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    I take it Petit is 5.5 still?
    Verlander 5.7 DeGrom 5.8 and yes still petit 5.5
    5.7-5.10
    Verlander (R)
    Degron (R)
    Marichal (R)
    Tommy John (L)

• Babybombers9Babybombers9 Registered Users, Member 212 Posts
    Tommy John MY NEMESIS.
  • dontgodontgo Registered Users, Member 63 Posts
    Tommy John MY NEMESIS.
    ha, this is exactly how I feel about Marichal
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    Hes your Madison Bumgarner like to the Royals :#
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

Find it funny Stanton has the prime event skill and is the bonus player for....tournaments 
  • JahCoozieJahCoozie Registered Users, Member 114 Posts
    Houmy said:
    Maeda back at 4.10
    Maeda back at throwing 9 straight curves!!  I’ll get it though.  
    Odds on WOH box please?
  • woohoo77woohoo77 Registered Users, Member 300 Posts
    What are the odds of getting Boggs?  I need a top lefty for WoH.
    Paxtin said:
    Find it funny Stanton has the prime event skill and is the bonus player for....tournaments 
    Its hard to think of a bigger waste of resources than Prime boost.  Like oh, good, now I can win Prime games 54-2 instead of 53-2.
    Well Baez at D7 with skills 16/16 and 80g boost seems like he is nowhere near good enough to beat TJ. 
  • dontgodontgo Registered Users, Member 63 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Well Baez at D7 with skills 16/16 and 80g boost seems like he is nowhere near good enough to beat TJ. 
    I have comeback Kemp with WoH & Vs LHP skills at 16 each and haven't even gotten close to beating him yet.
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Mays with both skills at 15% is what did it for me.

• whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Been a while since I got a top prize out of woh
  • woohoo77woohoo77 Registered Users, Member 300 Posts
    I see Glu is cranking the difficulty early on again.
    edited February 2019
    @Houmy @dontgo
    I upped him from D7 to D8 and took skills from 16/16 to 17/17 so we'll see what happens there.

He was 739 to TJ's 464 so not quite good enough. I think this might get him closer to 800 or so.
    5.9: Tie game, runners on the corners and no outs. I hit a liner to the left field corner...and the game freezes and restarts. And just now, 5.10, down 1 with a fastball incoming.I tap to swing and the game freezes...app restarts again. Good times!
    Well that only took him up to 769 but it was enough to whoop him. 

I only have Boggs at D5 right now so I'm going to save all of my boxes until the weekend. Then level Boggs to like D8 so the gold used counts towards fan rewards and then hope I get a level or two out of the WOH boxes.
  • Babybombers9Babybombers9 Registered Users, Member 212 Posts
    Houmy said:
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Mays with both skills at 15% is what did it for me.
    Any gold boost with that? I’m using Cooperstown Edgar with both skills at 17 and having a rough time.