Ideas for new Skill boosts

Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
Please, please stop giving out so many of the 'prime event' boosts that has for some unknown reason been making a huge comeback.  It is useless.  People generally don't like the Prime event and they like the Prime skill boost even less.  

Ideas for new skill boosts:

Runners on - Active with any runner on base, does not need to be RISP.

3 ball count - Active anytime the hitter has 3 balls in the count.  Everyone's new favorite as it will be active in both WOH and CvsC.

Comments

• JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Bonus game boost!! 

Just kidding, but they'd probably roll that out.

I'd like to see something that involved some skill/strategy in order to turn it on, like maybe a "patient hitter" boost where it activates after taking a breaking ball or something like that.
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    ‘Hit a curveball with the chance of it being a hit’ ability would be the best one I can think of😉
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @Wicked0Wildcats I love the 3 ball count! 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Babybombers9Babybombers9 Registered Users, Member 212 Posts
    I want the “when batting” boost.
  • Cripple22Cripple22 Registered Users, Member 67 Posts
    Manual play boost 
  • Babybombers9Babybombers9 Registered Users, Member 212 Posts
    Isn’t it funny how the prime games symbol looks so cool even though it sucks something awful? Like when I first started playing the game I thought, damn that must be nice!
  • paidoffpaidoff Registered Users, Member 106 Posts
    I think a "Leader" skill for single players that carries an intangible for increasing the entire team might be something interesting.  There are plenty of ways to implement it into game benefits if the tech/development team has the programming requirements available. The context here is there is no need to make all player skills focused on in-game moments when things can be applied to matchup advantages for opponent draw in bonus games, or Prime games, instead of just the formula of number of wins that @DFBB has posted.  And options that can control rh or lh pitching draw in c v c might be attractive if the c v c skill does not currently govern.  

Some players really like the guess work that goes in to the game, but these things can be governed by programming too.  Use the "this" and "that" and decide for yourself.

• MadswagooMadswagoo Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
    So we want to add more skills but Glu continues to back their "Not Guaranteed to Activate" policy on skills. Lets dump more resources on skills that aren't guaranteed to work. I was just playing a bonus game yesterday facing a southpaw, Bryant w Dbl LHB skills at 13. Both did not activate. 
    Madswagoo said:
    So we want to add more skills but Glu continues to back their "Not Guaranteed to Activate" policy on skills. Lets dump more resources on skills that aren't guaranteed to work. I was just playing a bonus game yesterday facing a southpaw, Bryant w Dbl LHB skills at 13. Both did not activate. 
    New topic?
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    A topic exists for that.  And we shouldn't let it die.  Because they did in fact, screw us all, and continue to do so, and it should not be forgotten.

https://communities.glu.com/tap-sports-baseball-2018/discussion/5448900/skill-boosts-only-active-on-a-random-basis#latest
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    How about a 2 strike skill similar to what the pitchers have. This would be active in WOH and you might have a chance to make contact with the unhittable breaking ball
  • MadswagooMadswagoo Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
    paidoff said:
    Madswagoo said:
    New topic?

Skills are the topic in this discussion. I'm simply stating skills are not guaranteed to work, therefore my idea for new skills is to make them activate for each player acquired.
    edited February 2019
    I have an idea. 

How about double WOH skills?

And they could also name the player Jed so I would have the same name as him.
    2003cobra said:
    How about a 2 strike skill similar to what the pitchers have. This would be active in WOH and you might have a chance to make contact with the unhittable breaking ball
    Okay, but don't batters usually cut down on their swing a bit in order to make contact more achievable?  In the case of improving the chances to do just that, make contact rather than k for ex, the skill would need to NOT be associated with the "Hit" or "Power" of a batter as this would only make the batter a more dangerous hitter in a pitcher-friendly situation.  Probably got a better chance of seeing La La Land win the oscar this year than seeing this skill @2003cobra.
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Superman Skills, 100% active guaranteed when activated by using a franchise coin during boost menu, supercedes glu RNG, requires 1 franchise coin to activate per woh level
    It's all done with mirrors
  • HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    @JEDDDOGGY this guy? 😛
    @Haraycaray NICE.

Super jealous but hoping either he or that 520 Goldschmidt are in WOH box this week with decent odds.
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    @Haraycaray NICE.

Super jealous but hoping either he or that 520 Goldschmidt are in WOH box this week with decent odds.
    Lol Jedd, “decent odds” 😂
    It's all done with mirrors
  • thickagethickage Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    Pick your skill. Let the user pick which skills they prefer so they can maximize it based on how they play. I’ll take a double late innings guy since it will activate in all modes but CVC and not arm-dependent. Works for me.