WoH for 2-18-19: Redemption?

Comments

• woohoo77woohoo77 Registered Users, Member 300 Posts
    Finally got through on my sixth try with Simmons.  Got Gonzales.  I'll have Simmons skills at 16/16 next time around so hopefully he can do better this time.
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    Pretty good so far 4 cycles netted Gonzalez, Simmons, and these 2 guys

• MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    newfy said:
    Well normal bull crap for me. Bf yelich goes 0/6 and didn’t even get winning run to plate.  I just don’t understand why I always seem to get shafted,  in box odds, pitch selections, etc!!!    
       Starting to get very annoyed with this shit!!   It’s been the entire year my luck has been always against odds!!   I’ve watched others hit thinks regularly, cycle easily, etc.. 
        so glu , why me ?  Lol.   

It's honestly not about "you," at least not in WOH.  You may get crappy pulls from boxes, etc., and that could be because it's not your "turn" to hit on a player.  But WOH is almost entirely based on how good your players are.

I have a few thoughts for you:

1) You're trying to win with a 475 player.  Not good enough anymore.  In my experience, you need at least 490 overall guys, but to have a really good chance, you need 510 overall or better, with two skills.

2) Are your pennants maxed?  Makes a difference.

3) What are the skills at?  To really push the needle in your favor, you need 15/15 skills, preferably both active throughout walkoff.  The latter seems to be true for your Yelich, which is good, but again it depends on where you have the skills at.

4) If you fail two or three times in a row, give up and start over.  The best way to dig yourself a hole in WOH is to keep throwing good gold after bad.     

5) Your players are capped.  I know Diamond is cruel in that regard, but you can't really complain unless your losing with capped players.

I'm sure others have good tips too.  These are just my initial reactions....

• thickagethickage Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    edited February 2019

Pennants do not apply in WOH

• newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts
    Thanks for input @Metsicans Your points are very true and if you look at my post after with pics of my batters today is bf yelich 500 max. He is not capped but has cycled with some trouble regularly. 
       But here is a good one , when I looked I noticed his skills were 14/14 not 16/16 like I thought!!   So I up’d them to 16/16 and BAM!!   Beat 5.10 first try !!!    So is the skills that important?   I thought they were, but I hear many say not so much!!    Well this tells me they mean the world of difference!!!
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    thickage said:

How long has this been known?  I cannot believe it.  What a colossal waste of time season mode is, if pennants don't even matter outside of that one event.  The EVO and premium xp are nice, but I've worked hard to max my pennants.  There have even been times I spent gold so that I could earn more pennants for an upcoming walkoff event.  This is nuts.  Freaking Glu.
  • BigHurtBigHurt Registered Users, Member 157 Posts
    We've seen tons of contradictory statements from GLU regarding what does/doesn't work and/or apply in various game modes (i.e. Skills). Who knows what is or isn't valid, outside of GLU developers and higher ups... 
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    Metsicans said:
    thickage said:

How long has this been known?  I cannot believe it.  What a colossal waste of time season mode is, if pennants don't even matter outside of that one event.  The EVO and premium xp are nice, but I've worked hard to max my pennants.  There have even been times I spent gold so that I could earn more pennants for an upcoming walkoff event.  This is nuts.  Freaking Glu.
    Like an old Apple event...... near the end Steve Jobs gives us the old 'and just one more thing'. You have to laugh...... 😂 otherwise you'll go crazy 
  • Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    benny100 said:
    Kluber 4.9 and Diaz 4.10

• Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    benny100 said:
    Kluber 4.9 and Diaz 4.10
    Diaz throws the same amount of curveballs that Madea threw so basically the same crap 💩 

• dontgodontgo Registered Users, Member 63 Posts
    edited February 2019
    I'm pretty disappointed with Simmons' performance vs. Verlander.  I have him maxed out at Gold with skills @ 15/15 and he's 0-6 and hasn't even gotten close, including ground outs on hittable fastballs.

Conversely, I'm 2-7 with max 470 Joe Mauer with RHP skill at 16 and RISP at 12.

Makes me think that Simmons' skills don't make up for the fact that he's right-handed.  Either that or pennants do actually matter in WoH, despite what GLU claims.
    Simmons is 1-10 for me.  0-2 since I your his skills from 14,16 to 16,16.  I'm switching to Rizzo.
  • louisawesomelouisawesome Registered Users, Member 64 Posts
    First cycle ever at diamond for me. Bf yellich at d6 with skills 16/16. MVP Bryant at d6 at skills 16/13. Had to alternate those guys on levels 7,8,9 and 10 for the righty/lefty matchups. I also used the 80 gold boost for  yellich in round 10. Of course I get Gonzalez, but I’m happy to finally break through. Hopefully more to come.
  • ThunderstormerThunderstormer Registered Users, Member 215 Posts
    edited February 2019
    Can someone please post 5.7-5-10 pitchers. Maybe @DFBB or @Houmy Thx
  • KCCardKCCard Registered Users, Member 20 Posts
    R L R L R are last 5
  • KCCardKCCard Registered Users, Member 20 Posts
    My opinion on today's pitchers.. Verlander at 10 may of been the easiest of final 3. Degrom is rough

Can someone please post 5.7-5-10 pitchers. Maybe @DFBB or @Houmy Thx
    4.7. Happ. LH
    4.8. Not Justin. RH
    4.9. Kluber RH
    4.10. Diaz RH

5.1. Gregorson. RH
    5.2. Alvarado   RH
    5.3. Soria.   RH
    5.4. Gray. RH
    5.5. Petit . RH
    5.6. Hunter RH
    5.7.  Hill LH
    5.8  Degrom RH
    5.9.  Blue LH
    5.10. Verlander RH
  • ThunderstormerThunderstormer Registered Users, Member 215 Posts
    Appreciate it @thickage ! Nice to know which righty or lefty will have me pulling out my hair tonight lol
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Anyone having luck pulling atg’s besides the one earlier today?
  • PaxtinPaxtin Registered Users, Member 33 Posts
    whammo911 said:
    Anyone having luck pulling atg’s besides the one earlier today?
    Nope.
  • Babybombers9Babybombers9 Registered Users, Member 212 Posts
    Oh great...looks like the difficulty is cranked up so it’s impossinle to autoplay through a chunk of level 5. It’s soooo awesome that Glu does this.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I wasn't entirely sure how I wanted to approach things, but just finished cycle number 13 to get my first legend capped in diamond! 

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • jampaladinjampaladin Registered Users, Member 10 Posts

after 3 bretts I got a pretty good reward
    The savings!!!
    7x Brett, 4x Gonzalez, 2x Simmons. Williams is about 70% against Verlander, but I’m bored and done. Really wanted Babe the pitcher because I threw him back over a month ago. At this point in the season I guess it doesn’t matter. Have fun y’all! 
    9 cycles 5 Brett, 2 Simmons, and 1 Marco,   But I did Capp Boggs from last week so I was happy. 
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    edited February 2019
    16 cycles-

6 Simmons 
    5 Brett
    2 Machado
    2 Gonzalez 
    1 Gibson 

I hoarded most boxes til the end because I had enough XP to get either Simmons or Gonzalez to Diamond 1.  I chose Gonzalez.  Obviously, I chose wrong.  Oh well, at least I got Damon to Diamond 10, which I am not even sure how because I started the day with very little LXP.
  • jclarrick3jclarrick3 Registered Users, Member 35 Posts
    6 cycles today, 3x Simmons, 2x Gonzales, 1x Machado. Luckily no Brett and I massively upgraded my worst position which was shortstop.
  • Cripple22Cripple22 Registered Users, Member 67 Posts
    Brett 2x, machado 3x, Simmons 1x, Marco 2x, pay back for pulling boggs last woh I guess. 
    Finally have enough resources to move up
    3 Gonzales and 1 Simmons, who I already had from the weekend.

Simmons was disappointing on 5-10 going 2 for 14.  Rizzo did a little better at 2-6.   I lost a lot of auto plays between 5-4 and 5-6 today I actually started manually playing at 5-6.