Prime players have become too devalued

Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
At one time, Prime players ruled TSB.  And when the structure of CvsC changed around the middle of last year, the benefit of Prime XP from being in a Diamond club is huge. 

Eventually, regular XP players have caught up to Prime XP players in ceiling.  That was fine, because they were cheaper, and at least the guaranteed WOH reward on Monday was always a Prime which provided a fantastic level-up opportunity, especially for Diamond clubs.

Tonight however that changed, with a lower ceiling Legend than the Primes of the last 2 weeks.  If that trend continues, there is absolutely nothing left for Prime players.  To my knowledge, the top regular XP players are 520 max players where I do not believe the top Primes even exceed 515.  So not only are they much more expensive to upgrade, but they don't even have the higher ceiling that they once did.

At the moment,  is there any real motivation to remain in a Diamond or Platinum club?  As far as I can tell, the answer is no. 

Comments

• cubschampions2016cubschampions2016 Registered Users, Member 117 Posts
    At one time, Prime players ruled TSB.  And when the structure of CvsC changed around the middle of last year, the benefit of Prime XP from being in a Diamond club is huge. 

Eventually, regular XP players have caught up to Prime XP players in ceiling.  That was fine, because they were cheaper, and at least the guaranteed WOH reward on Monday was always a Prime which provided a fantastic level-up opportunity, especially for Diamond clubs.

Tonight however that changed, with a lower ceiling Legend than the Primes of the last 2 weeks.  If that trend continues, there is absolutely nothing left for Prime players.  To my knowledge, the top regular XP players are 520 max players where I do not believe the top Primes even exceed 515.  So not only are they much more expensive to upgrade, but they don't even have the higher ceiling that they once did.

At the moment,  is there any real motivation to remain in a Diamond or Platinum club?  As far as I can tell, the answer is no. 
    I agree. I was thinking about moving up to gold and was surprised to find that from the players I want to level to gold only 1 was a prime. I have 700k prime xp and nothing to do with it. On the other hand only 200k blue xp 
  • matthewarthur3889matthewarthur3889 Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
    It seems as though blue xp players with a potential cap in the 400s or 500s is extremely rare compared to legend or prime. 

Would need to look at statistics, the numbers in order to get a better read on what is worth what. 

I look at it like this; a blue xp player with double skill and potential cap 450 or higher, then you just lucked out. 

Seem to to be very rare.. 

need numbers to go through. 
    Overall prime player is a guaranteed strong player. And difficult to upgrade. I agree on that point. But yes they do have their place and purpose. Upgrade to certain level and keep for bonus players. 
    Only upgrade your very best players, who you plan on keeping in lineup to past gold onto platinum and diamond.. 

thank you,
    Matthew Arthur 
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    It seems as though blue xp players with a potential cap in the 400s or 500s is extremely rare compared to legend or prime. 

Would need to look at statistics, the numbers in order to get a better read on what is worth what. 

I look at it like this; a blue xp player with double skill and potential cap 450 or higher, then you just lucked out. 

Seem to to be very rare.. 

need numbers to go through. 
    Overall prime player is a guaranteed strong player. And difficult to upgrade. I agree on that point. But yes they do have their place and purpose. Upgrade to certain level and keep for bonus players. 
    Only upgrade your very best players, who you plan on keeping in lineup to past gold onto platinum and diamond.. 

thank you,
    Matthew Arthur 
    What you're describing seems to be the early stages of TSB.  While Primes were once a guaranteed strong player,  most now aren't even worth upgrading.  

I have a total of 14 Blue XP players at 450+ with double skills.  Probably have traded some in, too.  There's never enough Blue XP to go around.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I agree that primes are usually not optimal building blocks. Legends are still the best while Bxp players offer the best value. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
    I can't even tell you the last person I leveled up that was prime.  I have more prime xp than legend and bxp combined, and I have been trying to hoard bxp and lxp.  The only thing I spend it on is leveling up skills on a non prime player.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    I got the 520 max Prime Goldschmidt from the weekend box. He's not bad. But yeah, I otherwise agree. I was so happy I got him because I have a ton of PXP just sitting there going to waste.

Is he now the best 1B in the game, overall max wise?
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    I got the 520 max Prime Goldschmidt from the weekend box. He's not bad. But yeah, I otherwise agree. I was so happy I got him because I have a ton of PXP just sitting there going to waste.

That's a great pull.  

The trouble IMO is, at Diamond, I rely on re-pulls to level a guy up.  I won't spend 48K gold to level someone up to D10.  I'll do a regular XP guy for 16K.  
    The trouble IMO is, at Diamond, I rely on re-pulls to level a guy up.  I won't spend 48K gold to level someone up to D10.  I'll do a regular XP guy for 16K.  

I want to do that but haven't seen a good opportunity just yet. I have a couple of guys, Holiday Ted and Boggs, that I'm not going to be able to rely on re-pulls to level them (and Goldschmidt is probably the same, unless he is a 30% guy in a WOH box, which is doubtful). 

Yesterday I wanted to try and level both Damon and Simmons with re-pulls, but getting Damon to D1 was too pricey since I need that LXP for Boggs who is D7 and to cap Ted who is at D9. As for Simmons, I saved the 12 boxes I had until this morning, but eventually (as we know) I'd decided to keep Bogaerts at SS since I'd already got him to D5 and seems, to me at least, to actually be better than Simmons in terms of hit/pwr ratings.

Maybe tomorrow they'll have a 50% guy that I can do that with.

• BlueOx8BlueOx8 Registered Users, Member 33 Posts
    I know myself and a lot of my clubmates moved down because we needed the blue xp.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @JEDDDOGGY I believe in terms of max, he's the highest overall at 1b. I'm also hoping that he's in the woh box tomorrow because I currently have him at d8 and it's simply not practical to spend 24k to cap him.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • BigHurtBigHurt Registered Users, Member 157 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:

Clubhouse Captain Prime Votto is also Overall Max 520 
    Ahh yeah I forgot about that Votto, @BigHurt

@DFBB yeahup! Hoping the same. He’s at D6 now but I’ll take him to D8 if he’s in the box tomorrow.