Woh Royale for 2-20-19: Yes, some are still playing '18!

Comments

• tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    The saga continues. 5th cycle and pulled machado.
    how about glu giving me the 10% pull 3 times out of 5 today? And of course, precisely when i don’t need/want them and i just wanted goldy who is 45%. 
    Talking about glu RNG always being totally unpredictable and going against logic.
    you gotta love this crap, lol
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @tocopan18 You're right man. It's a weird day. Normally, I'm praying for the 10% pulls, but today, I'm like, please no! lol

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    I can get to Verlander at 5.10 but can’t get passed him. I am going to get this guy to Diamond and his skills as high as I can. How high do you think I need to take his skills to be there? Anyone have any success using him? I am at diamond btw.
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    This is what I’m going to bat with. I think Davis is the guy who should be able to get it done once leveled up. Any thoughts?
  • woohoo77woohoo77 Registered Users, Member 300 Posts
    Come on glu... fix the videos.   I feel like I will do all I can to get Jed and still miss out today.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @navyjack77 On monday, I used that Davis, d10 and capped skills, and I was 12 for 26. I'm also diamond.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • NAPREDATORS46NAPREDATORS46 Registered Users, Member 68 Posts
    Machado on first cycle but got Lowrie on second would really like goldy but don't have that kind of luck.....im done. 
  • Babybombers9Babybombers9 Registered Users, Member 212 Posts
    Anyone else think the gold boosts do absolutely nothing? The only reason I’m using it on 5-10 is because I’m going diamond this weekend and know I will get more gold a lot easier. But man it’s like curveball city with holiday ted at 17/17.
    Any thoughts on whether machado is worth leveling???
  • woohoo77woohoo77 Registered Users, Member 300 Posts
    Got Lowrie on my second cycle.  Upped skills to 15/16 but no more Evo.  Still a frustrating day all around.  
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    5 cycles 5 lowries, thought it was gonna be a good day when I got lxp for all 4 of my first boxes...6 lxp 14 pxp
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    I ended up with 7 cycles and got 3 x lowrie, 2 x yount, 1 x goldy, 1 x machado.
    i already had chipper so there was no point on playing much more other than resources and points for the club. I even refused to use gold for retries or even boosts. In any case, poductive day even though only lowrie is now on my team.
  • lpoheronlpoheron Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    Bf Harper owned Verlander early. 4-5 with 2 lowrey and 2 goldy  then both lowrey and Harper were 0-9 with only weak ground balls with every fastball 
  • jclarrick3jclarrick3 Registered Users, Member 35 Posts
    Only 3 cycles today, first 2 were Goldy and the last was Lowrie. Stopped once I got Jed, only wanted to get those two since I already had Manny from Monday and the other two wouldn’t make my team.
  • Cripple22Cripple22 Registered Users, Member 67 Posts
    Final tally, 2x jed, 2x machado, 2x goldy
    Lost a win due to game freezing on walk off homer, too funny
  • Biceson44Biceson44 Registered Users, Member 79 Posts
    3x Jed 3x Goldy 1x Manny

think that was probably my last chance to get Chipper and I’m really sad...
  • BigHurtBigHurt Registered Users, Member 157 Posts
    2x Goldy and 4x Jed.  Could've been worse.... (looking at you 2-skill prime games J Ram).  :D
    2x jed, 1 machado and 1 goldy. Already had chipper so it was quitting time after goldy.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited February 2019
    I had Goldy before the event and Lowrie was my first pull. So, I took them both to D6 and figured it would be super easy to get 4 more of each given the 45% odds on both.

Wrong.

To start, I pulled 9 straight Lowrie's... it was about halfway through the event before I even pulled my first Goldy. But then I got 2 more of him immediately after. Thought I was on my way, however much to my chagrin, 3 more Lowrie's. At that point it was pretty much dinner time and I had Lowrie capped already long ago and Goldy still sitting at D9 waiting for one more level to save me 15k in gold. After the wife got settled in with her laptop to finish a bit of work I was able to complete 3 more cycles and got Goldy in 1 of them.

So for the day I ended up with 15 Lowrie's and 4 Goldy's, just enough to cap him. The 19 cycles was a grind, though. My most ever. Probably won't do that again!
  • dontgodontgo Registered Users, Member 63 Posts
    Final tally:  3x Lowrie, 2x Goldy, 1 Manny.
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Seems like they went back to cranking up the difficulty after the first couple hours or the ring has been Making it easy the first and last 2-3 hours
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    edited February 2019
    I had a really rough day at the plate, I did get two cycles out of it with two Jed pulls, I might finally have a viable option from the left side I have 4 or 5 from the right side I don’t have any other lefty above 490 overall and he’s a prime so very expensive for that caliber of player. I cashed in a few bench guys and got him to D1 the second pull got him to D2 so I at least saved 29k blue wish I got a couple more but it’s something.
  • tomciz2tomciz2 Registered Users, Member 60 Posts
    2 lowrie 3 Goldy 1 machado
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    4 Jed, 2 Goldy and slow played until I had to quit early... my silver team went 0-12 on verlander using mostly Xmas Reggie with skills at 17... as soon as he scored a couple of runs, it would be 9 consecutive curves or the occasional whiffle ball hit
    It's all done with mirrors
  • ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
    I was busy and only got 2 cycle, but got both guys I wanted - 1x Lowry and 1x Goldy.  My question is, Is Lowry 5-10 worthy?  I leveled him up and took the skills to 15,15.  Before I go higher, could he be the man to get the job done?  I have Holiday Ted at 17,15, and Holiday Schmidt at 17,15.  I have been pretty successful with both.  So, is Lowry the Man or just eye candy?
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    With double walk off skills and being a switch hitter I’m excited to use him on Monday. He could be the best in my opinion
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    edited February 2019
    I was busy and only got 2 cycle, but got both guys I wanted - 1x Lowry and 1x Goldy.  My question is, Is Lowry 5-10 worthy?  I leveled him up and took the skills to 15,15.  Before I go higher, could he be the man to get the job done?  I have Holiday Ted at 17,15, and Holiday Schmidt at 17,15.  I have been pretty successful with both.  So, is Lowry the Man or just eye candy?
    Run him and see.  He won’t be better than Ted against rhp unless you max his skills and then still a maybe.  For me he’s a perfect 5.7-5.8 guy first time thru when no one has put up the finishing order.  He just has too much speed to be elite.  
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Lowrie will win his share of 5.10s, he needs a little more power imo, but being a switch hitter and blue exp for those touching Diamond he can give some that struggle (for instance I lack LH killers so I have to dip into Encarnacion/Holiday Trout while I can scratch out 2-4 wins still isn’t ideal) a chance to complete the tower.  Is he a Holiday Ted or Baez, no not quite but there’s a lot of folks that don’t have someone like that but is at the least a strong Tier 2 option that will raise the average players’ success rate a bit.  I suspect for Tier 1 cyclers he’ll find a home in the 5.8-5.9 range where sometimes it can be a bit murky for those that don’t have 3 from each side.

He has a little more power than ted and I figure that speed on the base paths can’t hurt. I like holiday ted for his hit rating. Wouldn’t Jed’s WOH double skills equal teds double RHP skills? Is Jed’s hit rating too low compared to teds?