5.10 - The Quest For Jed

Numb3rsNumb3rs Registered Users, Member 20 Posts
Hello all,
I wanted to ask the forums advise on best match ups for today's WOH. I've managed to beat 5.10 sporadically over the last couple months but never consistently. My big problem is I lack some heavy hitting double skilled lefties . I'm desperate to beat it numerous times today and hopefully pull lowrie and a 3B. Beating rhp 5.10 has always been a nightmare. I would appreciate any advice from the seasoned cyclers about how best to beat 5.7 - 5.10 with my roster. TIA

Comments

• JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Unfortunately Simmons looks like your best bet here. Level up his skills as far as you can get them and he should be able to crack through eventually for you (if you can get his skills above 16 or so).
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Is Jed better than Goldy?  Not sure about that.  
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Yelich as long as u have his skills up
  • duckk123duckk123 Registered Users, Member 296 Posts
    Use trout or simmons. Personally, I'd use trout because I managed to beat it today with LL trout without any boosts.
  • Numb3rsNumb3rs Registered Users, Member 20 Posts
    @bigvivec beauty is in the eye of the beholder. 
    Im desperate for lefties, or switch hitters, so for me Jed is the jewel of this box. Closely followed by Chipper & Manny. 3B is my weakest spot, but wouldnt help much with WOH
  • BigHurtBigHurt Registered Users, Member 157 Posts
    I've used Winter Man Trout with some success on 5.10. I think, against Verlander, he could work.  I typically use a 80g boost though on 5.10. 
  • AccelmanAccelman Registered Users, Member 65 Posts
    I just cycled on the 1st try w/ Simmons (+14 +14) using only the +5% video boost. He hit like 3 homers, so it's definitely doable. It can just vary a lot depending on the pitches you pull.
  • manbearpuigmanbearpuig Registered Users, Member 55 Posts
    Finally got Lowrie!
    Finally got Lowrie!
    yo his speed op
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    Goliath Chipper is more of a RHB due to skill against LHP. Two cycles for me today. Not much help for you but Comeback Odor did the job. Got Lowrie on my first pull. Goldy on my 2nd.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Assuming all things equal, I would prefer Yelich over Simmons against 5.10.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • NAPREDATORS46NAPREDATORS46 Registered Users, Member 68 Posts
    I was 3 for 3 with Simmons tonight of course Monday I couldn't get one run in with him...go figure. Did get Lowrie x2 and machado. Only used the video boost also. Not sure if machado is worth leveling though. Thoughts?
  • woohoo77woohoo77 Registered Users, Member 300 Posts
    I didn't even try Simmons today because he was so useless on Monday even with skills at 16/16.  Hoping Lowrie can be a stud after Simmons was so disappointing.
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    woohoo77 said:
    I didn't even try Simmons today because he was so useless on Monday even with skills at 16/16.  Hoping Lowrie can be a stud after Simmons was so disappointing.
    Simmons was my guy yesterday.  I think he finished 2-5 with 80 gold boosts. Not great, not awful.  Got Jed though, so hopefully he'll be my guy going forward against righties. 
  • Numb3rsNumb3rs Registered Users, Member 20 Posts
    Managed to get through 3 times.
    All with Simmons. All with 80 boost
    Goldy x3. FML
    Simmons seems like the perfect guy against Verlander.  A RHB with RHP skill and Verlander is a RHP with LHB skill.  So it makes sense that Simmons RHP skill is activated and Verlander's LHB skill is inactive.   He just sucked for me in Monday even with skills at 16/16.  I guess I should have tried him again yesterday as I was about 2/20 with Rizzo.   I did finally get Jed though so he will be my go to in most scenarios now.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    @woohoo77 the pitcher's skills are always inactive in WOH. Look at the overall rating of the pitchers and their level (usually 5 or 6 for your tier on 5.9, 5.10 for example). They're never boosted. Helped me a ton when I stopped worrying about pitcher's skills in WOH.
    Thanks for the info @JEDDDOGGY I wasn't aware of that.  Good not to have to worry about those!
  • PINKYSTARFISHPINKYSTARFISH Registered Users, Member 99 Posts
    edited February 2019
    Teddy snowflake was undefeated for me vs Verlander .19/19 skill lvls.
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    bigvivec said:

Definitely!!
    Lowrie I think is the best overall player for WOH as of now.
    525 max overall switch hitter, always stacked skills, very good hitting/power ratings.
    He can take 5.10 vs any pitcher knowing his skills will be up the whole inning.
    And he is blue XP on top of everything else. It is a no brainer.
    I don't think there is another player that has all those characteristics right now, not even ATGs!!
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    tocopan18 said:
    bigvivec said:

Definitely!!
    525 max overall switch hitter, always stacked skills, very good hitting/power ratings.
    I don't think there is another player that has all those characteristics right now, not even ATGs!!
    That’s just it.   Who needs an all in one package?  His hit and power ratings are just average among the elite finishers Boggs, holiday Ted and Edgar Martinez.  Lowrie has too much speed and it mutes the rest of the stats.  Holiday Baez is comparable at 510 max. Sure he’s a good player but if you look at the stats on Goldy you’ll see he’s a better rhb for WOH.  If you don’t have one of the top finishers or you’re making a run at plat or diamond then there are obvious benefits and then there is the bxp factor.  I personally have more pxp than bxp now as it is so much easier to source but that’s not necessarily the norm.  He’s a good player but not a finisher for me and definitely not a no brainer.  Anyway, most cyclers got both yesterday so the debate can be played out in each of their teams.   
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    there's a side by side for anyone curious about capped stats
    Lowrie has been released for 7 days.... 2522 games plaed.. what.??!?!!
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    Wednesdays for tournament/bonus games. Thursday bonus games. A normal mid-week for a Diamond player. 
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    bigvivec said:
    tocopan18 said:
    bigvivec said:

Definitely!!
    That’s just it.   Who needs an all in one package?  His hit and power ratings are just average among the elite finishers Boggs, holiday Ted and Edgar Martinez.  Lowrie has too much speed and it mutes the rest of the stats.  Holiday Baez is comparable at 510 max. Sure he’s a good player but if you look at the stats on Goldy you’ll see he’s a better rhb for WOH.  If you don’t have one of the top finishers or you’re making a run at plat or diamond then there are obvious benefits and then there is the bxp factor.  I personally have more pxp than bxp now as it is so much easier to source but that’s not necessarily the norm.  He’s a good player but not a finisher for me and definitely not a no brainer.  Anyway, most cyclers got both yesterday so the debate can be played out in each of their teams.   
    Well I'm sure many could use an all in one package.  I would also imagine that it IS the norm now for players to have more PXP than BXP.  I would think the exceptions are few and far between these days.  

Are there potentially better options and better matchups on 5-10?  Yes there are, and I'm sure many have those options.  But many days cycling is about a lot more than just 5-10.  It's about getting hung up somewhere between 5-7 and 5-9.  THAT is where Jed is going to be most beneficial, I think, because you can use him wherever you're getting stuck up there without trying to seek the right matchup.
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    agree, but also keep in mind that not everybody has 2 top finishers for 5.10 (a righty and a lefty), so for those, he comes very handy to take care of business in the needed spot.
    On the other hand, for people with already a top righty with stacked skills (like the recent Matt Kemp or a righty ATG), Goldy is not necessary because they have exactly the same ratings (hitting and power that is), so no much gain there.